Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,491
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:05:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I just found 20 quid on the street

Started by actwithoutwords, April 23, 2007, 02:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

actwithoutwords

Much as I need the money, obviously I can't hang on to it. But I'm unsure as to who to give it to. It's not a huge amount of money, so any ideas as to where it would best go?

Mister Six

Space ghost

Hand it in at the police station.

They'll do the right thing with it. IE keep it.

Suttonpubcrawl

What do you mean "obviously" you can't hang on to it? What's obvious about that?

Cack Hen

Just keep it! What are the chances the person who lost it will get it back? If you bump into someone desperately searching around the street for £20 then obviously hand it over, but they probably won't even realise until later, by which time they probably won't even bother coming back because they know somebody will have just picked it up.

Mister Six

Actually, what Cack Hen said. But the NSPCC would be a nice idea.

I mean, this person's out of pocket either way. Unless you've got a big thing about karma or something, just spend it.

ziggy starbucks

That's my money!

Give it back and we'll forget this ever happened

actwithoutwords

SPC: Ok, maybe not obviously. But I couldn't really hang on to it.

Cack Hen: I mean giving it away, not getting it back to the person who lost it.

Space ghost

I could do with finding 20 quid and knowing that there are people out there finding 20 quids and then squandering that opportunity is quite galling.

Ciarán2

Keep it! Unless someone else comes up to you and says "excuse me, I just lost £20 now, have you seen it?" Then it's up to you, really. Do what you like with it. Buy a CD or give it to charity - but whatever you do don't feel guilty.

ziggy starbucks

excuse me, I just lost £20 now, have you seen it?

Cack Hen

Giving it to charity would be nice, of course. But if you really need it you shouldn't feel guilty about keeping it. Finding money in the street is one of the few perks of.......life.

Lady Beaner

It's mine! I was on that street! Yeh... THAT one!

Uncle TechTip

If it has a picture of Charles Darwin on it, it's mine.

Slaaaaabs

wipe your arse on it and put it back

duckorange

I found twenty notes outside a church not that long ago.

I saw it as a sign from God. A sign from God to go out and buy a Suede CD, so I did.

Sorry, God.

Santa's Boyfriend

Superglue it to the pavement and write the words "Fuck you, tramp-boy!" next to it.

cleverjake

Put it on a horse.

Or, if you can't find a horse, staple it to a cat.

Santa's Boyfriend

Oh, I know!  Walk into a police station and tear it up - thus turning your good fortune into a crime that you can be fined for.

Seriously though, just keep it.  There's no way anyone can prove its theirs, and they will almost certainly assume it's lost anyway.  If it was sitting in a cashpoint it would be possible to prove whose it is, but not if it was just on the street.  It's yours.

Oscar

Your principles have inflated out of proportion to all logic and sense, I suggest spending the £20 on half an hour with a good therapist who can help you understand the root of your distended morals and then guide you to come to terms with accepting good bloody fortune when it comes your way.
Alternatively, use the money as a down payment in the first stage of scientology, their wisdom and spirituality will help you come to terms with your new found riches. You may have to steal the rest of the money though.
I hear mugging is very effective.

ccab

It's a cursed note. Someone threw it away in horror after realising there was polonium in his coke.

Best thing to do with it is piss it away - fast - before you're too dead to spend a penny.

ziggy starbucks

actwithoutwords should buy a couple of suede albums with the dosh.

However I can't recommend any as they are all crap.

clareQuilty

Jeesus, I found £200 quid once and spent it without any guilt. Of course karmically i'm shot to hell anyhow.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Change it all into 2p pieces and then go and throw it at tramps.

actwithoutwords

I might just go for the placing it on the street in front of a beggar and then pissing on it option.

gazzyk1ns

My opinion of the police was reinforced last week. I found what was presumably a child's bag on the pavement, and there was something like a diary and a purse inside. I was only about a hundred yards from the police station, so rather than trying to look for an address or phone number I just walked into the car park there, held it out in front of a copper, and said "Hello, erm, I've just found this, it was on the pavement up there near the zebra crossing...". He gave me a suspicious look, took it from me, and said "All right, I'll take it inside.". I should have just looked for some details inside really, shouldn't I, I was a bit wary of looking like I was plundering it though.

mrpants

Shame, we could have made an album from the contents of that bag!

Mister Six

Quote from: "Uncle TechTip"If it has a picture of Charles Darwin on it, it's mine.

A rare Charles Darwined £20, eh? Usually he's only on the tenners. ;)

Space ghost

Quote from: "clareQuilty"Jeesus, I found £200 quid once and spent it without any guilt. Of course karmically i'm shot to hell anyhow.

It wasn't at Ashford international train station by any chance?