Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:37:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Dark Knight

Started by Sivead, April 23, 2007, 07:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xander

Also, if you're planning on getting 1-7 of Final Crisis, I'd suggest getting Superman Beyond 1 and 2. It's great, and also fleshes out the Monitors. For me, it's the only FC tie-in which is pretty necessary.

As to Batman, Dini's run pre-Heart of Hush on Detective Comics is a joy. Real, old-school, done-in-one stories but when put together form a great thematic arc. He started with issue 822, and it's really worth checking out.

Santa's Boyfriend

Not making it easy for new readers interested in buying a Batman comic because of the film, are they?

Ocho

Quote from: Angst in my Pants on January 14, 2009, 01:20:50 AM
I'd put a lot of the jumpiness of the 'Batman RIP' and 'Last Rites' storylines down to Grant's style

Well, it is still Grant's style making RIP jumpy.  Final Crisis is even jumpier and Batman's investigation and capture amount to a few pages, but it will fill in some important gaps and give you some mad stuff to read.

Xander's right, pick up Superman Beyond 3D.  Superman travels the multiverse in a yellow submarine, in 3D.  There's also a clear Watchmen tribute/swipe as Grant continues to work out his daddy issues with Alan Moore.

Santa's Boyfriend, this is the new, bold DC where if you don't have 30 years of back issues, they don't want you (and it helps if you don't like women too much).

Angst in my Pants

Thanks to you all for your guidance!

I thought 'Heart of Hush' was just fantastic - the character of Hush was completely new to me, so I'll definitely be getting the TPBs of his first appearance, and I'm looking forward to reading Dini's 'Faces of Evil' follow-up that's just come started in 'tec 852.  I'll be sure to check out his earlier issues as you say.

That settles it then, I'll get the Final Crisis and Superman Beyond issues.  I can't believe how many comics I've bought since I only got back into them a few months ago, it didn't take long to renew my obsession!

I read the second issue of Kevin Smith's 'Batman: Cacophony' last night, and am losing interest rapidly.  I expected more, really - there's not a great deal going on with plot or character.  I'll probably get the final issue to see how it pans out, but had this been a longer series I would have given up now.

Artemis

The Dark Knight NES video game (8-bit)

[youtube=425,350]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dqz6utXc9B4&e[/youtube]