Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:23:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Brass Eye: Re-release or Mistake?

Started by shungho, April 24, 2007, 10:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shungho

Browinsg Play.com I came across 2 entries for Brass Eye - one of them slated for release in August? Does anyone know any more about what exactly this is? I'm presuming its an error or something of the sort, but can't find any other mention of it.

Shungho

Timmy O'Toole

Maybe the rumours of a new special based around suicide bombers are true?

shungho

Perhaps, but from what I've heard, it wasn't Brass Eye, but a film of some sort

Not sure if it's been changed yet, but I recall the forthcoming Brass Eye DVD having a £14.99 price tag at Play.com.  A bit odd for something that most of the time can be purchased for under a tenner.

The Mumbler

I think it's just a reissue (by C4 DVD) of the VCI original release from 2002. C4 has re-issued just about everything else on its comedy roster in the same way, from Peep Show's first series to The Adam & Joe Show.

Neil

I think the Beeb may be looking at re-releasing On The Hour, and finally putting it out in its complete state.  I checked the site email yesterday and there was one from a Beeb bloke who wanted to know more about the info on the OTH pages about the shows no longer existing in complete form etc.  And his sig stated that he was from the department that handled commercial releases!

Glebe

I have the OTH cassette, I've always wanted a CD release of the full thing, so fingers-crossed...

The Mumbler

play currently has Brass Eye DVD for a fiver, incidentally.

Neil

I'll post if and when I hear any more.  I told him what I remembered about the edited shows, and said I could put him in touch with benthalo as he had timing guides that made it a piece of piss to put the shows back together.  So fingers crossed.  Obviously the On The Hour torrent will be taken down if and when I hear anything about a new commercial release...

butnut

That's just great news Neil. A complete On The Hour release should have come out years ago.

TJ

Quote from: "butnut"That's just great news Neil. A complete On The Hour release should have come out years ago.

There have been several attempts at this in fact, but I'd led to believe they've always fallen at the third or fourth hurdle due to music clearance issues (not necessarily diffilculties as such, but the admin and wrangling involved putting people off), the lack of any original studio masters, and apparently a couple of problems with un-locatable master tapes too.

Neil

BBC7 confirmed that at least one episode was missing, didn't they?  2-4 was it?  I remember people clamouring for your encode.

The Mumbler

2.5's the one that's never been broadcast by BBC7.

And it's only the cut repeats from Series 2 that are in the archive, yes? (These are about two minutes shorter than the originals, and were repeated about two months after the first transmissions - July/Aug 1992, Saturday mornings while Loose Ends was on holiday. They had to fit a two-minute news bulletin into the half-hour slot.)