Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:24:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Quick PS Question:

Started by Frinky, March 28, 2004, 09:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frinky

How does one create a text selection that isn't the usual rectangle? I've got text that needs to go around other images... how does one manipulate the text field?

Thankyee...

mr rou-rou

using photoshop?

create a layer with text on, see the text bend tool at the top?

bend it as you want and then you want to free transform the layer (lives under the EDIT drop downs), I use distort, this lets you move the handles and change the perspective.

Frinky

Ah-hoo. I will try that in a min, then. Thanks Splats :)

fanny splendid

You can use the 'Warp Text' feature, but It doesn't sound like what you are after?

You're best bet is to probably rasterize the text layer and then manipulate it as if it was an image.

Right click or control click on the text layer, then choose rasterize.

fanny splendid

Crazy Penis

Both those suggestions have helped me too. Thanks a lot guys. It took me 5 hours to do my first mong. Probably would have taken me just as long to work this out too. Off to do things with my bosses name and the word "wanker" now.

Frinky

I think you were right about it not being quite what I'm after, Fanny:

glitch

Latest version of Photoshop lets you create text on a path too, which is a more flexible way to do it than the ways mentioned above.

mr rou-rou

that sounds more like DTP *desktop publishing* than a graphics program, Adobe Illustrator perhaps

Isn't your website done in php?

You could use dreamweaver and text wrap/floating image stuff, I think, I'm tired

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&q=text+image+wrap+dreamweaver&spell=1

fanny splendid

Quote from: "xerode"Latest version of Photoshop lets you create text on a path too, which is a more flexible way to do it than the ways mentioned above.

Shows what I know. How do you do that?

Try more than one text box Frinky, or use a proper page layout program like Adobe InDesign or Quark Xpress. What are you trying to do something proper, or a mong?

Frinky

Thanks for the help regardless, you wonderful mongy whores, I learnt something at least.

Fanny, it is something "proper" I guess - I've done the different text boxes before, I figured that was me being lazy and stupid but it looks like it's the only way to do it. Good point, Rou-Rou - I'm tired too, so I'll think of that in the morning... for now I will use Fanny's Ye Olde way.

Cheers all the same!

ccab

Sorry Frinky, you'll have to slave to get that effect using earlier versions than CS alone. Try using Fireworks, Illustrator or Freehand for the text - then either save as psd, ai or eps & open & drag onto your canvas in photoshop - bear in mind the text won't remain editable.