Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:22:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Define Masculinity

Started by Captain Crunch, April 25, 2007, 07:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Crunch

Go on, I dare you.

Sparked off originally by some article I read about that bloke out of Life on Mars and how EVERY woman in the ENTIRE UK fell in love with him because he was 'properly' 'masculine'.  Typically, I can't seem to find the article in question so you'll have to make do with your own take on things and see how they measure up.  If you don't mind, it might even be fun.

Some start fodder from our 'friends' -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masculinity

- the mind boggles...

Marv Orange

Finally a reason to use these pics

extradave

Just look at the snarl ....

Artemis

Neil

For me, masculinity means never reading an instruction book.  For anything.  The man part of my brain adamantly refuses to let me read instructions, even if it means I never get the full benefit of my appliances or whatever.  

I didn't see Life In Mars, but I'll bet it didn't revolve around the main character not reading instructions, therefore I lose.  Then again, was there any scene where you actually did see him reading instructions?  Hmm?  *polishes biceps and looks smug*

Artemis

I guess in all seriousness, for me masculinity is defined by the desire to 'fix things' and provide solutions. It's something I try to keep in check about myself, especially if you're talking to someone who's telling you about a problem or whatever and just wants you to listen and try to appreciate - my 'man brain' constantly throws up answers and I find myself coming out with "why don't you just do this" and "well, you need to do that".

Opening jars without using a tea towel.

sanchopanza

What do you say to a woman with two black eyes?  Nothing, she's already been told twice...

Paaaaul

Opening jars without using a tea towel

Santa's Boyfriend

Sheldon Finklestein

Opening jars without using your hands. Or a tea towel.

Santa's Boyfriend

Actually Spike Milligan is looking surprisingly buff these days.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Vikings playing electric guitar.

Artemis

Opening towels without using a tea jar

Suttonpubcrawl

What masculinity ultimately boils down to is possessing a bellend.

CaledonianGonzo

I define it as not running round hiding behind a female pseudonym.

Artemis, I'm looking at you....

Quote from: "Santa's Boyfriend"Actually Spike Milligan is looking surprisingly buff these days.

I thought that it loked like Clive Cussler....

Cellardoor

Taking my top off and holding a baby while opening a jar without a tea towel.

MojoJojo

Maybe too literal, but can someone post the ball of cocks please?

Sivead

Lady Beaner

Opening jars using your foreskin.

Morrisfan82

Holding her down and fucking her really hard.

With all legal obligations fulfilled, of course.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Acting with authority, rationality and coolness under pressure and getting things done with the minimum of fuss.

Morrisfan82

It's masculinity, not a job interview. :)

butnut

Averaging 7.50 posts per day, over a three-year period. Any more is showing off and desperate. Any less is just pathetic.

Captain Crunch

Quote(not that I'm saying spousal abuse is right, I'm just saying that sometimes she deserves it).

Brave words, didn't Tony Lee Curtis get slammed recently for saying something similar?  Or was it the other one?