Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:35:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fuck, There's a Spider In My Room...

Started by SOTS, May 01, 2007, 12:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SOTS

But i've lost track of it. Which means i'll never be able to sleep without having caught it properly.*

It's quite a big one as well. Bloody awful.

*(does anyone else have this problem?)

MissInformed

My ex boyfriend's brother was arachnaphobic to the nth degree. It's a cliche, but the spider is more scared of you than you are blah blah.

MissInformed

It's probably scurried out of your room anyway SOTS.

Beck

I really find arachnophobia baffling. Unless it's one of the crazy tropical ones or it's tarantula-sized, where does the fear come from? What's it going to do?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

The ones in this country are harmless.

Or so they would have us believe...

SOTS

It's the whole thing about how it could crawl on me. They're just horrible creatures.

I should've just dropped the Argos book on it like I did with the Daddy Long Legs.

Neil

Quote from: "SOTS"But i've lost track of it. Which means i'll never be able to sleep without having caught it properly.*

What you have to do is put this in perspective.  There's probably a dozen or more spiders - some even bigger and hairier than the one you happened to see - crawling over you while you're sleeping in your bed every single night.  So the one you managed to see really isn't worth worrying about.  Tip of the ice-berg dear.

You're welcome!

SOTS

MissInformed

Quote from: "Neil"
Quote from: "SOTS"But i've lost track of it. Which means i'll never be able to sleep without having caught it properly.*

What you have to do is put this in perspective.  There's probably a dozen or more spiders - some even bigger and hairier than the one you happened to see - crawling over you while you're sleeping in your bed every single night.  So the one you managed to see really isn't worth worrying about.  Tip of the ice-berg dear.

You're welcome!
Goodnight, sleep well.  

Bwahahahaha...

SOTS

If I ate this thing I wouldn't need any bloody breakfast.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

If the spiders give you any grief you can always get a swarm of scorpions in to sort them out.

buttgammon

Thanks, guys! I'm now even more paranoid about giant fucking spiders crawling all over my room than I was before. I was just thinking that I haven't seen a big spider for a while, too apart from the dead one that hangs behind the glass of the gas fire as if it was encased in amber. I'm worried that one might be due.

rudi

buttgammon

Aaaaaaaagggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You nearly gave me a fucking panic attack!!!!! If that was meant for SOTS why did I have to see the fucking thing?

SOTS

Oh, there was an identical thread to this a while back, eh?

Why do I bother?

MissInformed

Quote from: "SOTS"Oh, there was an identical thread to this a while back, eh?

Why do I bother?
Hey, don't start with the self-pity. Everyone hates me, not you! I'm the kiss of death around here. :-)

Artemis

Whenever spiders are mentioned you always get some joker coming along with this absolute bollocks about <insert> spiders crawling over you in your sleep. It always amazes me how earnestly they seem to believe it as well.

Paaaaul

Quote from: "rudi"http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/spiders.htm

Just because someone made it up, doesn't make it untrue.

Artemis

Quote from: "Paaaaul"

In the absence of any evidence to the contrary, yes it does.

Spiders keep other insects in check. Maybe not a bug like this, though:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b287/cacoseraph/pals/yikes/Dscn0267.jpg

Crawling up your bedpost! Right NOW!

Marv Orange

Geraint

Fry

In really don't see the thing with spinder, i loved letting them crawl across my hands and web down from my fingers, it's like a living yo-yo*.

Now Rats, don't get me started on rats. *shudder*

*That's cruel isn't it...

chumfatty

Quote from: "Artemis"
Quote from: "Paaaaul"

In the absence of any evidence to the contrary, yes it does.

The absence of evidence is not evidence itself.

And Rats are lovely, well pet ones anyway, we've had loads of rats, fucking ace pets.

surreal

Quote from: "Geraint"(picture)

come on, you can't show the clockspider pic without the reveal pic to go with it....

actwithoutwords

Fuck sake. I really have to stay away from threads like this.
But last night, just after reading this and settling into bed, I noticed a fucking woodlouse crawling along the top of my duvet. Fucking disgusting little cunt of a thing. My room has been insect free since I moved in so I'm hoping I imported the little fucker from somewhere else rather than him being a native. In fact, clinging to that hope was the only thing that allowed me to sleep last night.