Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:16:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

DO for my BO

Started by asv, May 02, 2007, 11:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

I just noticed that my Mitchum one says Mitchum for Women. I'm sure it didn't used to. It was just Mitchum Dry or something.

Does this mean I'm gay?

And also, Mitchum appears to be one of those words that starts to look really odd when used too much.

boki

Quote from: "Melody Lee"I don't use anything much. From time to time I use whatever's lying around and okay smelling.

I really want something that smells like apples though, or cocoa or cinnamon. I want to smell like something nice rather some shite musk.

-

Do a search on handmade soaps and you'll find a bunch of companies selling all sorts of weird and wonderfully flavoured stuff.  Use that to shower with and then just use an unscented deo or summat.  I saw a site selling coffee scented soap once - I was extremely close to having some of that.

Not that I'd take such useful advice myself, I tend to be a Lynx pleb (well, Unlimited and Click are good, others not so).  I don't understand why Adidas still make their 'classic' blue and green things, I can't imagine anyone actually liking them, but the black one's ok.  I used Base London for a while, but then Wilkinsons stopped getting it in.

rudi

Why would people use anything except Gillette Gel?

It works, doesn't stain, doesn't go icky or powdery.

Anyone using Lynx spray that has already done it wiv a lady is a paedophile.

Make me smile

Quote from: "StuBruise"I tend to dowse myself in one of my selection of fragrances/perfumes/EDTs/whatever: Burberry Touch, Givenchy Very Irresitible, Carolina Herrera Chic for Men (this stuff is the sex, BTW), Paco Rabanne XS, Body Shop Arber or Kistna, or Davidoff Echo (which is quite nice but the more I wear it, the more I start thinking I smell like an orangey car air-freshener). I've got a bottle of Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise on the way too, which I wasn't sure about when I first tried it but I've since convinced myself that I'll probably like it. Probably. I've currently got Paco Rabanne XS Black, Burberry Brit and Gucci Pour Homme II on my shopping list. What a tart.

Sweet Jesus, that's a lot of potions and lotions! I have stuck with hugo boss, the normal one, not the ridiculous one in the orange and silver sphere, for about seven years. I would find it weird smelling of a different thing every day. I did nearly defect to Dune, but that smell made me all wobbly at the knees so I thought that might not be a good idea!

Dark Sky

Surely only women use roll-ons?  Roll On The Mum!

I use Right Guard and it's fine, whatever.  I don't care.  Who cares?

TotalMink

I have some Rexona for men (which is dutch sure I think) though i love wearing the wifes more for some reason (its also rexona but white).

I like CK one (the green one) at the moment.  its also good because the wife can wear it too.

Utter Shit

Quote from: "The Duck Man"Sure for Men roll-on. Don't harm the enviroment or the moles in my armpits y'all.

This thread has confirmed my suspicions that Utter Shit is the CaB resident metrosexual, considering a discussion of deodrant has sent him into a frenzy over perfume, for fuck's sake.

Joking, obviously. No perfume for me though. I prefer to stay manly and womanless.
I don't really agree with the term metrosexual, it's a bit of a stupid buzzword that implies things that are uniformly untrue...but the idea of what a metrosexual is, I suppose it describes me accurately enough.

Obviously in this case you're joking, but I always find it odd how people have a go at people who like to look good, smell good or whatever...seems like a kind of inverted snobbery. As long as it's not an indicator of shallowness, I don't see the problem with trying to make yourself look better, smell better etc.

surreal

All interesting stuff - I haven't used anti-perspirant for years as I couldn't find one that actually worked, and they all made a huge mess of the underarms of clothes.  Think I might give that Gillette Gel a go if it doesn't have that problem - does the Mitchum stuff cause any marks?

Never been one for aftershave either, always been paranoid about using too much and leaving a Bisto trail around the office, so its always just been deoderant for me.

Neville Chamberlain

I use wild Siberian rhinocerous sex pheremones and wank all day.

Actually, no I don't. I use Nivea on my armpits, which are now so clean you could eat your dinner out of them.

Quote from: "Jim"I use Nivea on my armpits, which are now so clean you could eat your dinner out of them.
Shotgun!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: "SOTS"

I use a fragrance called "DKNY Delicious" and it smells a little bit like apples. It is in an apple shaped bottle.

That adverts a bit odd though isn't it? The only perfume advert I've come away from wanting to EAT the product.

Milo

Quote from: "surreal"does the Mitchum stuff cause any marks?

Not that I've noticed. In fact, the container has a picture of a black t-shirt with visibly no marks on it.

surreal

Quote from: "Milo"

Not that I've noticed. In fact, the container has a picture of a black t-shirt with visibly no marks on it.

cheers Milo - I'll keep an eye out for some this weekend, maybe do a head-to-head challenge with Gillette Gel.... fight! fight! fight!

El Unicornio, mang

Lynx for me, or 'Axe' as I always call it. I always get girls saying "you smell really nice" so I'm going to stick with it.

Neville Chamberlain

I can't move for women telling me how nice I smell. It gets rather tiresome after a while though.

buttgammon

Quote from: "Jim"I can't move for women telling me how nice I smell. It gets rather tiresome after a while though.

I always get that when I bother to slap a bit of aftershave on my face. Joop! Homme is a pretty good one, but I think I used it all up trying to impress someone. And it turned out she already had a boyfriend! I think I'm owed some new aftershave.

Make me smile

Quote from: "surreal"
Quote from: "Milo"

cheers Milo - I'll keep an eye out for some this weekend, maybe do a head-to-head challenge with Gillette Gel.... fight! fight! fight!

Dryclor! Dryclor! Dryclor!

I will even chuck in some evidence from some sweaty fuckers on the internet. Sniff

ozziechef

I used Dyclor after someone reccomended it hear about 3 years ago! For someone who was very sweaty it did the job amazingly! However it does sting like hell when you apply it.

I have to say that even after not using it for 18 months I still don't sweat 5% of what i did before - i'm not sure if it's a good thing or if my sweat pores are messed up though.

surreal

Is Dryclor the one that you apply at night and let it do its job rather than when you're getting dressed to go out?

I don't sweat *that* much anymore so I'll give the Gillette and Mitchum a go before I start shutting all my pores completely with that stuff... As I said I don't use any AP at the moment, so hopefully one of those will do the trick for what I do need.

Milo

Quote from: "Make me smile"I did nearly defect to Dune, but that smell made me all wobbly at the knees so I thought that might not be a good idea!

Partly based on this and partly because I just finished Frank Herbert's Dune I bought some of this today. I never normally wear anything that smells so generally just smell of clean clothes/beer. Thought I'd give something a try. This could be my ticket to ladiesville. Oh yes.

Borboski

What I find, right... (this may be as riveting as my explanation of the should crack on the knuckle cracking thread)...

...is that when I use my face exfoliating stuff (that's right) I have it left on my hands, and then use the sand bits on the old arm pits - that seems to keep me fresher throughout the day, I guess it's really getting rid of the old sweaty crap that's under there.

Quote from: "Make me smile"Sweet Jesus, that's a lot of potions and lotions! I have stuck with hugo boss, the normal one, not the ridiculous one in the orange and silver sphere, for about seven years. I would find it weird smelling of a different thing every day. I did nearly defect to Dune, but that smell made me all wobbly at the knees so I thought that might not be a good idea!

If it made you wobbly at the knees imagine what it was doing to the laydeeez!!!

I'm not sure if I'm being excessive with the amount of stuff I'm buying but my g/f certainly thinks so. It's getting to the stage where I'm not telling her about it because I don't like the way she rolls her eyes when I do tell her...

butnut

Quote from: "Jim"I can't move for women telling me how nice I smell. It gets rather tiresome after a while though.

What IS it with you, romance and not moving? First of all there was your door not opening on Valentine's Day, and now this. Perhaps the two are related, and you spray on some especially smelly aftershave on February 14th, and are left trapped in your house by hordes of women outside.

SOTS

Quote from: "Shoulders?-Stomach!"
Quote from: "SOTS"

I use a fragrance called "DKNY Delicious" and it smells a little bit like apples. It is in an apple shaped bottle.

That adverts a bit odd though isn't it? The only perfume advert I've come away from wanting to EAT the product.

I got it for Christmas so i've never seen it. Christmas really is the main source of perfume for me. Every year you can guarantee i'll get some.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Maybe people are trying to tell you something.

Jemble Fred

Not that I really care about other folks' opinions, but just so's I know what prejudices to ignore...

Is there a general opinion that a 28-year-old man smelling of Old Spice is wrong? For some reason, the use of the aroma has crept up on me as I get older â€" perhaps it's a subconscious 'turning into your dad' thing, but I like it.

Neville Chamberlain

Is there a general opinion that a 30-year-old man smelling of monkey spunk and peat is wrong?