Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:57:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

[muso] My guitar amp is picking up the radio

Started by easytarget, May 06, 2007, 04:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytarget

I bought a Marshall VS100 amp head the other day - it sounds ace. The only problem is when I'm not actually playing it picks up a local radio station.

Is this fixable or do I have to take the thing back (or somehow incorporate news and travel into my songs)?

micanio

Do you live near a Radio Transmitter? Is it a Class B Amp? if so, thats your problem - a quick scout round google found a few threads on various forums....like this for example.

Handy though, negates the need for a seperate device to listen to the radio. Surprised you haven't considered the practical uses.

Paaaaul

Quote from: "Capt.Midnight"Just don't play at any air force bases

It's a VS100, not a VS110

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

My amp sometimes picks up radio transmissions from mainland Europe. It was quite annoying until I started experimenting with putting it through the effects unit. The other day I used reverse delay to turn a German current affairs show into satanic jabbering.

easytarget

Quote from: "micanio"Do you live near a Radio Transmitter? Is it a Class B Amp? if so, thats your problem - a quick scout round google found a few threads on various forums....like this for example.

Ta, I live right near a radio transmitter, but my old amp didn't do this.
I don't have the means to build a Faraday cage so I took it back to the pawn shop.