Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,395
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:04:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lembit Opik and the Cheeky Girl - where will they crop up next??

Started by Ciarán2, May 08, 2007, 10:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciarán2

They crop up in the strangest of places. Only this week they've been spotted! in the pages of Hello! magazine in an article about Sian Lloyd's new whirlwind romance (an inset picture captioned "...Meanwhile Lembit and his Cheeky Girl soak up the sun on holiday).

Then they were spotted! on The 50th Anniversary edition of The Sky At Night, where Lembit attempted to explain the inner workings of a space shuttle to a bemused and slightly bored looking Ms er, "Cheeky".

Where will they pop up next? In Parliament?? (I.e. not the funk group, I mean - oh you know...)  Let's keep tabs on them.

wherearethespoons

I know he was mocked about it in Parliament recently. I think it was Private Eye that mentioned it.

Alberon

I don't mind that he's shacked up with (what looks like) a Romanian ladyboy. What really pisses me off about Opik (and I've probably said this before) is that he champions the cause of the human race stopping asteroids from hitting Earth.

There's nothing wrong about the cause, it's a very worthwhile project that is often ridiculed as bad science fiction.

What annoys me is that the champion in the UK parliament is such a nerdy, ridiculous twit who just makes the campaign look even more stupid.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

What's he gonna do if an asteroid is coming to hit the earth? Smash it to bits by getting to hit his chin?

shite on a bike

I'm fairly sure that if the design on the left one's skirt in that there picture was expanded to include the full text it would definately read 'tits'.

PAGATRON

Santa's Boyfriend

Hmm.  If that picture is anything to go by, they're really not that sexy anymore.  (Or maybe it's just bad make-up and flash photography.)

EDIT:  Mind you, I think old Lembit might be pitching a tent in there.

kidsick5000

Quote from: "Alberon"I don't mind that he's shacked up with (what looks like) a Romanian ladyboy. What really pisses me off about Opik (and I've probably said this before) is that he champions the cause of the human race stopping asteroids from hitting Earth.

There's nothing wrong about the cause, it's a very worthwhile project that is often ridiculed as bad science fiction.

What annoys me is that the champion in the UK parliament is such a nerdy, ridiculous twit who just makes the campaign look even more stupid.

The guy cant get a natural break.
He's got a name that if not trips up the most liguistic newsreader, then it makes them emphasise all over the place L-em-BIT O-PIK.

He's an mp for the party that will never have to be invited by the Queen.

He's on a cause that everyone will laugh at until they see a new fireball in the sky.

And now he's going out with a former popstar who's one hit was all about her novelty arse.

He's a living sitcom character. Not the lead guy, but a potential Kramer

mothman

I suppose all we have to hope for is that his story be filmed by Channel 4 (like A Very Social Secretary), starring Ryan Stiles.

duckorange

Quote from: "mothman"I suppose all we have to hope for is that his story be filmed by Channel 4 (like A Very Social Secretary), starring Ryan Stiles.

And to save money, the Cheekies would actually play themselves.

and the above line with double entendre turned into single entendre:

And to save money, the Cheekies would actually play with themselves.

Mr. Analytical

I have a good deal of time for Lembit Opik actually.

I think the party made a real mistake electing Simon Hughes rather than him as president.

Hypnotoad.

Didn't Hislop once sneer at him on HIGNFY "don't you believe in meteorites?"

As if he was talking about little green men visiting earth

RE: the Cheeky girls, I so fucking would

edit - gah, meteorites, not ufos

clareQuilty

He's probably one of the less ridiculous Liberal Democrats, at least he doesn't go about with shitty underpants in his briefcase*

*that we know of.

Alberon

Quote from: "clareQuilty"He's probably one of the less ridiculous Liberal Democrats, at least he doesn't go about with shitty underpants in his briefcase*

*that we know of.

Yeah, but he did back said LibDem MP in the leadership contest. In fact, doesn't Opik have a bit of a reputation for backing the loser?

wherearethespoons

Quote from: "clareQuilty"He's probably one of the less ridiculous Liberal Democrats, at least he doesn't go about with shitty underpants in his briefcase*

*that we know of.

That's because he hasn't even got a briefcase.