Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:53:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Friday Night Armistice 302 [torrent]

Started by Neil, March 29, 2004, 05:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Right, I tried Purple Tentacles tip out, and have got the sync fixed on this Armistice!  I'll redo 301 after I get the rest done.  Thanks to gazzyk1ns for the tape, and pengon for the tracker!

Go here for the torrent:
http://pengon.no-ip.com:6969/

I may be in super-seed mode so don't panic if you don't see any seeders.  Please leave those windows open as long as poss.

butnut

Thanks Neil and all the others involved. I've been looking forward to this!

Macerate and Petrify

weekender

Thanks.  I should be able to torrent this for a good few days.

Bilko

Well done for fixing it Neil.

It is very slow though, as in 5kb and under slow. We need more people downloading it.

Bilko

Correction : its speeded up now going out at 30kb

Neil

Well I could go back into super-seed mode, which would make more seeds quicker, but I'm just a bit wary of people shutting their windows as soon as they have completed the download!  I don't want to end up having to seed this for days as I want to do the Fist of Fun pilot that SOTCAA provided next (which Darrell sent on to me.)  

Anyway let me know if the sync stays ok through-out, seems fine for me.

Fluffy the Cat

I have wanted to see this series for a while. Many thanks.

Bill Oddie

Macerate and Petrify

Will leave this seeding overnight.

This is completely fucking fantastic. I saw this one when it went out, and the millenium dome experience is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. The sooner more of this can be encoded the better. The bit on the site of the dome being built had me in tears.

It's one of those programmes I wish had never come to an end.

"Smack my queen up"

Neil

How's the sync on the episode, does it stay ok throughout?  If so, I'll get more episodes encoded this week, and redo 301, although there's other stuff I will be torrenting first!  Darrell has spent a lot of time passing on the new SOTCAA captures to me so they can be seeded, and I reckon the Flying Circus Montreux Special will be up next.  

Anyway you're right, it is a good episode that one!  In fact I've enjoyed all the ones I've seen so far...they're often described as being patchy but are a lot more enjoyable than most of what's about at the minute.

By the way, I'd appreciate it if people could add the file to their shared folder so that those who don't use Bit Torrent can grab the capture from Soulseek or whatever, thanks!

butnut

The sync seems fine to me - much better than the first. No problems on my VLC player.

It's a great show - I remember this one really well from when it went out. All the dome stuff, Robin Cook, the Jerry Adam's Minature Area etc. etc.

Oh, and a hunting the Pedaophiles (spelling?)joke years before BES.

Village Branson

Gavin

This plays fine for me on Windows Media Player, and we all know what a contrary little bugger that can be.

kalaa rider

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Neil for this. It's a shame this is time capsule topical stuff and not eligible for repeat. I thought the dome material was brilliant. I had to watch it several times over as I was in hysterics.

Well worth encoding. Thanks, as ever, for your altruistic services to comedy distribution.

Rev

Fantastic job, and many thanks for letting us all enjoy it...

But...

This is torturing me!  What's the tune over the bumper at the start?  I know it, but I don't know it.  Pah.

Jaffa The Cake

Forgot how great this was. Saw this when it first aired, funny then, funnier now.

Neil

Quote from: "Rev"This is torturing me!  What's the tune over the bumper at the start?  I know it, but I don't know it.  Pah.

Heh, that's Northern Picture Library with Paris!  I enjoy making bumper music faaar too much.

Anyway glad you're all enjoying them, I am too, I missed most of them at the time so cheers to gazzy for sending the tape on to be captured.  Hopefully mitzidog will get the ones he's been sent sorted before long so we can see the first couple of series, which Darrell tells me are much better.  

I'm gonna clear a few gigs tonight and get a couple more encoded, although I really want to get older stuff like Le Petomane done too before I lose the tape again.  Hopefully Uknova have accepted me as a new comedy capturer cause it can be a pain finding a decent Bit Torrent tracker.

gazzyk1ns

Quote from: "Neil"
Anyway glad you're all enjoying them, I am too, I missed most of them at the time so cheers to gazzy for sending the tape on to be captured.  Hopefully mitzidog will get the ones he's been sent sorted before long so we can see the first couple of series, which Darrell tells me are much better.  

Can't remember if I said this really recently or didn't bother, so sorry if I did...

Yeah from memory Darrell is right. I can remember really really loving the previous ones which is the only reason I purposefully planned to set a tape aside to "archive" this lot... and I then was a bit disappointed. Re-watching these is a lot better than I remember though, I think it might be a little bit down to the fact that I didn't know much about/wasn't interested in politics at all back then.

Darrell

Series 1 is the only one which actually stands up to any degree, I'd say. The extended running time makes it seem less forced - there's at least one great bit in each show. Still pretty grim at times, mind.

After that the highlights were few and far between. From the second series onwards there's always a slight air of 'it doesn't actually matter if the material's any good, it'll get a laugh from the studio audience regardless', leading to many embarrassingly weak items which go on far too long.