Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:30:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Rise & Rise Of Michael Rimmer

Started by GeeTee, March 29, 2004, 07:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeeTee

Look...I know this is a long shot as its never been on Video/DVD and only appears to have been on TV twice in my life....has ANYONE got a copy/torrent  of this barely seen Peter Cook Classic...I've been after it for years and have given up all hope...

Fuk knows why its never been released seeing as Pythons and others were involved....but my suspicions are more with todays government....a story of a politician who comes into power from the death of party leader...then goes onto to provide a fake "let the people vote on everthing" democracy until they tire of choice, only to end up being voted in as the UK's first President......I feel the PM may have the only copy....buried

Silver SurferGhost

I'm always going on about this whenever anyone mentions Blair, unfortunately I don't have a copy though.
As you say I'm sure Blair has had all trace of it destroyed, I haven't seen it for at least ten years,
and even then it was on at about 3am...
If Channel 4 weren't largely shite now they'd be about due to rescreen it.

I remember it being horribly dated in places even then, but the cast alone is  worth hunting it out for.
It was really intended as a satire on David Frost's then-unstoppable rise etc, but the Blair parallels are uncanny,
especially around the time Blair got referendum-mania
"Do you think my wife should wear a hat today? Yes/No/Don't Know".

Sorry I don't have it but I always dive in all excited when someone mentions it.

Darrell

Didn't C5 show this once? And wasn't there supposed to be a broadcast about a year ago that got cancelled at the eleventh hour?

I have never seen it, would love to, mind.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Yeah, C5 showed it circa '98. I had ariel problems so my tape of it's fucked.

I doubt it's unavailable for political-censorship reasons - it'd just be because it's obscureish. Or maybe there's a tedious rights issue tying it up a la Bedazzled.

GeeTee

Yep it was on Ch5 in 1999....to make matters worse I met someone "on the inside" at Ch5's tape library only a matter of weeks later....only to discover the masters had been sent back and viewing copies wiped!!!....noooooo.....damn you Blair!

So close....should it ever turn up again I'll have it encoded and torrented within minutes....