Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:31:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Picture printing

Started by Eight Taiwanese Teenagers, May 13, 2007, 03:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Now this is a weird thread because by rights it would have gone in Up Your Arts, but it's probably not going to be a silly chatty one...

My room is looking rather bare, and I'm thinking that instead of paying lots of money for pictures by other people, to sort some out myself to get printed onto canvas which you can get done at lots of places nowadays, like here: http://www.photocanvasprinting.com/home?

I'm wondering if anyone has had anything like this one, and exactly how high a quality image they would need to be sent to do an A2 print?

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Also - what  would you have on your wall?

Considered Rasterbating?

I had a large picture from Sin City on my cubicle wall for a while.

Flickr Group

Huzzie

This forum is for UYA type material now.

On a related note, does anyone know anything about t shirt printing?  I'd quite like to do a couple of t shirts of bands I like that don't sell 'em.  Do those printer transfer sheets work?  Anyone tried?

Small Man Big Horse

There's a shop on Carnaby Street (or at least there used to be) which does cheap t-shirt printing, it generally only works if it's on a white t-shirt though. I got the cover of Grant Morrison's Kill Your Boyfriend printed on one, and it lasted about six or seven years which isn't bad. It's best if the design is quite distinct though, I also got one of the Sandman covers on one, and it didn't come out that well.

I've just got two posters in my tiny bedsit, one for Punch Drunk Love, one for I Heart Huckabees, and both brighten up the place a little.

Slaaaaabs

Do you know any art students? They might be able to get you a discounted print from their schools large format printers.

I'm gonna do myself a big Spider Jerusalem poster before I finish my course.