Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:10:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Suggestions Thread

Started by Neil, May 13, 2007, 06:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: "Neil"…without this place he woudln't have had any of those posters or that forum at all….

Without my secondary school I wouldn't have the group of friends I go to the pub with. Is that pub a ripoff of my secondary school? Without the Model T Ford we wouldn't have, I dunno, the Ford Mondeo. Is the Mondeo a ripoff of the Model T? Without Alexander Graham Bell we wouldn't have Google, etc etc, you get the idea.

I don't get what your problem is.

Quote from: "Neil"I do think it's interesting he has to poach userbases and publically boasts about fucking other people's wives.

I've no idea how that relates to what I've said. It's not a particularly interesting tangent.

Neil

Quote from: "Tibetan Singing Bowl"I don't get what your problem is.

Well I don't really have one...as I've said, I was just justifying my use of that term as you questioned it.  I'm not sure how many more ways I can type that.  "Not a big deal" should have sufficed.

I'd actually like to get off the topic of the clique and get back to what this thread was actually set up for before gazzyk1ns turned it into another clique-centric thread, thanks.

gazzyk1ns

Quote from: "Neil"...before gazzyk1ns turned it into another clique-centric thread, thanks.

You what!?

Neil

Quote from: "Tibetan Singing Bowl"
Quote from: "Neil"I do think it's interesting he has to poach userbases and publically boasts about fucking other people's wives.

I've no idea how that relates to what I've said. It's not a particularly interesting tangent.

I can only work with what you give me.  Just trying to make lemonade out of lemons.

Quote from: "Neil"
Quote from: "Tibetan Singing Bowl"Where's the bit in the C&B rules regarding where we're allowed to post and who we're allowed to post with?

I've no idea how that relates to what I've said.

Because you're in a strop about people who've met on C&B, and got on well with each other, then going off to set up elsewhere.

Oh sorry, they were poached and lured by a brainwashing dictator, weren't they…

Neil

Quote from: "Tibetan Singing Bowl"Because you're in a strop about people who've met on C&B, and got on well with each other, then going off to set up elsewhere.

No, it's actually an awful lot more complicated than that.  Boiling down about three years worth of events into one flip little sentence just doesn't cut it.  You're way off the mark.  And if you were actually around for most of the clique stuff, then you'd actually know that to be the case (I don't know if you were, or are getting your info second-hand from less than reliable sources).  I mean, blimey, you're attempting to cut out so much history there that it's actually laughable.

I want this to get back on-topic now.

EDIT:  To clarify, it's not about the events that happened, it's about the way that they happened.  It's about all the unnecessary cuntery, the fact that people were forced to take sides, the bitching, the lies etc.  Your position is reductive to the point of being insulting.

Fine, OK, whatever. You're right, I haven't been through three years of "My 'The Clique' HELL", don't have your P.o.V on it, all that. Just saying as someone who visits C&B, I'm getting bored of the The Clique bogeyman being wheeled out every 10 minutes.

Neil

Quote from: "Tibetan Singing Bowl"I'm getting bored of the The Clique bogeyman being wheeled out every 10 minutes by certain Analytical members.

Sorry, but to pick up on this...is that because you're evidently in the clique?!  Obviously that's why gazzyk1ns has so much sand in his vagina, yet it's his interjection which turned this into a fucking clique-thread.  If this had worked the other way round - if more people like myself had moaned about the clique bitching about THIS place over the last couple of years - then there simply wouldn't have been all this drama!  So for members of the clique to now say 'jeez guys, stop going on about the clique!'  I just think, wow, it's pretty amazingly hypocritical.  

I don't want to go on about it all the time - I did specifically say just a few days ago that we should all try and fuck up about it (which makes gazzyk1ns' most recent s*****c fit all the more perplexing) - but seeing clique members expressing the same sentiment just makes me think 'yeah, well why didn't you say that when the boot was on the other foot?'

And I have to point out that I mentioned it in a pretty honest and open way in the first post.  I could have puffed out my chest and said 'nope, everything's basically fine', but that would be lies.  The board is still settling after the loss of a lot of long-time posters, and I'm big enough to point that out, so it's AMAZING to me that such a sentiment could then be twisted into "those clique cunts."

Firstly, I removed the Mr Analaytical line because it wasn't fair on him, there's been more people than just him going "Clique! Clique!"

Secondly, yes Neil, we're all in the Clique, everyone except you.

Seriously though, I'm just getting annoyed that people haven't moved on from it since January, and that its starting to attain this mythical good vs. evil nostalgia, like its a battle in a role playing game or something. Its the "Gather round yonder fire, young ones, and I shall spin you a yarn of terrible unrest and the vanquishing of Ye Dark Ones" feeling. No-one came out of the first week of January looking good frm either "side", did they, really?

It says something about the State of the Board when an event from over 4 months ago is given as the reason for everything on C&B, from why the post a picture of yourself thread is so popular, to the death of photoshopping, to why there's a general dullness around the place, whatever.

But apparently you've already said this, that people should drop the subject. Which I want to now, and get back to reading Comedy Chat. That alright?

Firstly, I removed the Mr Analaytical line because it wasn't fair on him, there's been more people than just him going "Clique! Clique!"

Secondly, I'm just getting annoyed that people haven't moved on from it since January, and that its starting to attain this mythical good vs. evil nostalgia, like its a battle in the Lord of the Rings or something. Its the "Gather round yonder fire, young ones, and I shall spin you a yarn of terrible unrest and the vanquishing of Ye Dark Ones" feeling. No-one came out of the first week of January looking good frm either "side", did they, really?

It says something about the State of the Board when an event from over 4 months ago is given as the reason for everything on C&B, from why the post a picture of yourself thread is so popular, to the death of photoshopping, to why there's a general dullness around the place, whatever.

But apparently you've already said this, that people should drop the subject. Which I want to now, and get back to reading Comedy Chat. That alright?

Neil

Quote from: "Tibetan Singing Bowl"It says something about the State of the Board when an event from over 4 months ago is given as the reason for everything on C&B, from why the post a picture of yourself thread is so popular, to the death of photoshopping, to why there's a general dullness around the place, whatever.

Yes, I did, and I'd like to point out that I also disagreed with those specific assertions, so y'know, colour me mystified at gazzyk1ns once again throwing the toys from the pram.

Thanks for the explanation.  Probably a good place to close this thread, as he's managed to derail it now, and it won't get back on track.  And this is really NOT the way I want to kick off the week.  Thanks to those who actually offered constructive ideas, rather than loutish unwarranted abuse.