Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:58:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

EastEnders

Started by asv, May 16, 2007, 02:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadman97

I've read recently that mad doctor May is returning soon as well- excellent news, as mad female soap characters really do something for me.

buttgammon

I seem to remember that when Bradley's mum was very briefly in it, she looked just like Dr. May. I took some convincing that it wasn't her in fact!

Good to hear she's coming back, though that storyline with Dawn and her baby went on for too long didn't it.

borrance

isn't bradleys mother anne marie brantano of the brantano footwear institute?

buttgammon

I swear that she is. Glad I'm not the only person to see the resemblance.

Ginyard

Chelsea has an exceptionally sexy pair of legs. That's all I can add to this thread for the moment.

buttgammon

Another thank fuck I'm not the only one coming from me.

Is it me or was Sean Slater's cherry picker (I think that's what you call those crane things) episode last night hilarious? Still, what a nutter.

Ginyard

Talking of cherry picking, I did feel sorry for Darren after that little ginger shit buggered things up for him.

MuteBanana

EE love their gingernuts.

Speaking of lesbian soap fantasies as someone did, Mercedes McQueen from Hollyoaks has said she'd be up for lesbo romp. If it was tasteful of course.

buttgammon

Quote from: Ginyard on May 27, 2008, 04:56:43 PM
Talking of cherry picking, I did feel sorry for Darren after that little ginger shit buggered things up for him.

Yeah, me too. If I was him I'd have probably strangled the little fucker. But he's still not as bad as Bianca's kids, what a horrible bunch.

asv

Ridiculous stuff last night with Mad May back (just break a window and shout, dollhead) BUT, funny stuff with Bianca and clan;

Pat has lost her wedding ring

Bianca (to brood) "Have you lot seen Nana Pat's ring?"

Liam (sniggers)

Childish yes but had me and the missus in fits.

Deadman97

Anyone catch 'enders tonight? No buildup, no trailers, no hype, just flat-out great writing and performances from the four characters involved. Fucking loved it.

Now, on another note- y'know that black jacket Max wears, with the slim arms and the awesome buckle at the collar? Where can I get me a jacket like that?

asv

Genuine question, I see how cars are hot wired to start in films, programmes etc a la Sean last night (I assume that does actually work in real life) but, how do you turn the engines off when you stop (as Sean did at the cafe)?  What if you stall?

Lady Beaner

Quote from: Deadman97 on June 27, 2008, 08:49:14 PM
Now, on another note- y'know that black jacket Max wears, with the slim arms and the awesome buckle at the collar? Where can I get me a jacket like that?

What, one like this? I always thought they might suit you.

Custard

Anyone still watching?

I pretty much gave up on the show a couple years back. You know when even Shane Ritchie is leaving, you're in the shit. And now I hear his replacement, Bobby Davro is off too!

Saw ten minutes or so the other night, and for some reason the dad from Gavin & Stacey is shacked up with Peggy Mitchell above a shitty pub in Walford, despite being a millionaire with a mansion in the country. Or something.

Anyway, the main reason for the bump was to linky to this http://uk.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=EastEnders. They've already put up 65 "classic" scenes and moments from the show's history, and in all honesty I've greatly enjoyed wading through them this afternoon.

It's official so they'll probably shy away from putting up the real greatest stuff, like Pauline Fowler falling off a ladder for no apparent reason, Vicky Fowler's American accent - the best of, and "Watch out, there's an animal on the loose! Again", but well, it's summat to watch, innit.

MuteBanana

Bloody BBC told me to take down a few of my clips from youtube.

Still havent got me on all of them though.

Lady Beaner

Sorry for bumping this!

But did anyone see last night's episode? The one where Tony got outed as a filthy, mucky pedo-man? I thought it was bloody brilliant. Eastenders has not had me on the edge of my seat in a lonnnnnng time, but last night's was gripping. Patsy Palmer acted it beautifully... and I usually hate her character.

lipsink

Quote from: Lady Beaner on December 10, 2008, 10:51:15 AM
Sorry for bumping this!

But did anyone see last night's episode? The one where Tony got outed as a filthy, mucky pedo-man? I thought it was bloody brilliant. Eastenders has not had me on the edge of my seat in a lonnnnnng time, but last night's was gripping. Patsy Palmer acted it beautifully... and I usually hate her character.

Yep, I saw it and thought it was damn good too. It seemed like this storyline hasn't actually been going for that long (maybe I just didn't see that much of the show over the past few months) so I kind of thought the outing happened earlier than I expected.

I'll be interested too to see Max Branning's fucking mental reaction when he finds out Tony has been preying on his little girl too.

The party that Pat, Ricky etc organised was another brilliantly crap looking soap party. A few cans of beer with Max, and Robbie Williams' 'Millenium' on the stereo. What more could you want?

The Masked Unit

I will watch this for the first time in years if it's true that
Spoiler alert
Nick Cotton
[close]
is making a comeback.

Marty McFly

Lady Beaner

Yep, that's all happening early next week apparently. As well as who really ran over ginger egg-man!

Backstage With Slowdive

Quote from: Shameless on October 20, 2008, 04:42:33 PMBobby Davro

He's "the King of Club Comedy", according to the box of the live DVD I saw in HMV. I suppose he's gone the Keith Harris route, losing his family TV career leads to a new smutty "adult" cabaret career. EE must pay shit if he's gone back to that.

Gulftastic

Does wanting to see Whitney's tits count as 'being affected by any of the issues raised in tonight's programme?

Ginyard

Quote from: Gulftastic on December 10, 2008, 04:04:19 PM
Does wanting to see Whitney's tits count as 'being affected by any of the issues raised in tonight's programme?

Seeing Bianca's would be pretty fucking traumatic.

Godzilla Bankrolls

Quote from: Backstage With Slowdive on December 10, 2008, 03:59:23 PM
He's "the King of Club Comedy", according to the box of the live DVD I saw in HMV. I suppose he's gone the Keith Harris route, losing his family TV career leads to a new smutty "adult" cabaret career. EE must pay shit if he's gone back to that.

Has no-one been following the stand-up storyline on EastEnders? I half-expect them to be woeful, and half-expect them to be better than most circuit comics.

MuteBanana

Thankfully Ian has put a stop to all that nonsense after the agent he invited round turned out to want to make Jane into some slim and sexy blue comedienne.

Ginyard

Ian Beale is one of the best characters ever created in anything, ever.

Wadded Bliss

Quote from: Lady Beaner on December 10, 2008, 10:51:15 AM
Sorry for bumping this!

Meant to post this on the night, but got sidetracked. This was a great piece of writing with some superb performances (apart from Tony who only has one expression.)

Backstage With Slowdive

Quote from: Ginyard on December 11, 2008, 02:05:57 PM
Ian Beale is one of the best characters ever created in anything, ever.

The others are Darth Vader, Rose Tyler, Derek Trotter, and David Brent.

Kazuo Kiriyama

Quote from: Ginyard on December 11, 2008, 02:05:57 PM
Ian Beale is one of the best hung characters ever created in anything, ever.

Deadman97

They're not giving Harry Hill much to work with this week, are they?