Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:19:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Neighbours, BBC has lost good neighbours ...."

Started by mcbpete, May 18, 2007, 05:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcbpete

Five has secured the rights to hit Australian drama Neighbours, it was announced today (FRI).

Five’s deal with the show’s producers FremantleMedia will see Neighbours joining Five’s main channel and digital offering Five Life in 2008.

Lisa Opie, Five's Managing Editor of Content, said: "I'm delighted Five has secured such a popular and sought after series. Neighbours is quite rightly much loved by its many fans and it will be a greatly prized part of our schedule and suitably cherished by us.”

David Ellender, Chief Executive Officer of FremantleMedia Enterprises, said: “Five will be a great home for Neighbours and FremantleMedia is confident that the show will continue to go from strength to strength.”
Jane Lighting, Five’s CEO, added: “Neighbours is a fantastic asset for us to add to Five’s family of channels, particularly as it is a household brand which delivers strong audiences daily.”

Airing on Ten Network for over 20 years, Neighbours is one of Australia's most successful television programmes. Launched in the UK in 1986 Neighbours is the BBC’s highest rated daytime show.

Santa's Boyfriend

Ha ha ha!

I wonder what BBC will show in that slot now - it's been there for about 20 years...

SOTS

This probably could've gone in the other thread. Either way, ugh, channel five? Who watches channel five?!

mcbpete

howwwww daaarreee you !!!

We've got viewing figures of over 30m each week thank you, with both our digital channels in the top 10 of UK digital terrestrial ! Sorry, I looked for an existing thread but this place has quite possibly the worst forum search engine I've seen.

Neil / mods: Feel free to merge this with the other topic....

SOTS

Joy Nktonga

"We," mcbpete?

Five may have those viewing figures but its reach isn't as wide. As was pointed out in the Neighbours thread, there are still areas of the UK that can't receive Five terrestrially and still a significant number of homes who are still not digital - mine included. I think Five will retain and respect Neighbours better than ITV would've done, but the show will never flourish on Five as it has done, and would continue to do most likely, on BBC1.

The Neighbours loving public are the biggest losers in this deal. Fucking money-grabbing Aussie tosspot company.

Reminds me of the Virgin/Sky clusterfuck - we lose out thanks to a money-hungry Australian.

mcbpete

Well people are gonna have to switch over to digital with the analogue switch off in a little while (sooner for the people that can't even get Five through analogue) so it'll be a level playing-field when it happens. But yeah the 'we' is as I work for the good ol' ex-Spice Girl orientated channel.

I think due to the success of Home and Away on the channel, Neighbours will be a perfect compliment to it.

But the viewers are the ones that'll suffer I'll agree, but it'll sure nice for us to steal some from the BBC !

SOTS (in response to your reply underneath), it's a LOOOONNG way off from transmission on Five (well a year anyway) so who knows where it'll be scheduled...

SOTS

Mcbpete, don't suppose you could tell your mates at Five not to move it from the 5.30pm slot? No? Oh well then.

Slaaaaabs

Quote from: "DolpinFace"Bring back Tod Landers.

Have him get hit by a van in his first scene.

Pinball