Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:42:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ziltoid the Omniscient!!!

Started by Sam, May 21, 2007, 05:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam

Latest project by Devin Townsend. It's a combination of SYL, Punky and DTB complete with Devy's warped sense of humour.

Listen to 3 tunes here:

http://www.myspace.com/ziltoidtheomniscient

I think it's excellent and a welcome return to form after the mediocre (by his high standards) Synchestra and The New Black.

Looking forward to buying the album and gorging on the musical goodness.

boki

I thought 'The New Black'  was a return to form, myself - easily the second-best SYL album for me.  I agree with you about 'Synchestra', though.  Whilst I haven't listened to it for ages, 'Vampira' is just about the only standout I can recall.  Both e the DTB albums have been a bit meh, really.

Lee Van Cleef

SYL have been descending into mediocrity after the monumental "City" album. Now that he's confirmed that SYL and DTB are no more I'm only a little bit sad that I never got to see him perform live.

Still, I'll check out this Ziltoid thing when it gets out there.  I'm sure, at the very least, it'll be amusing.

Hank_Kingsley

I usually hate this sort of thing (progressive metal & cheesy 'concept' albums, especially if they're tongue in cheek) but I downloaded this for shits and giggles and thought it was pretty damn good. It chugs along at an impressive pace, the vocals are pretty decent and it made me laugh, it's so perfectly overblown.

A lot better than recent Ministry releases.

Famous Mortimer

I enjoyed it, but then I've never heard anything else by him so I have nothing to compare it too. Nice and noisy, plenty of ideas all over the place. I also got the new album by Horse The Band at around the same time, from a similar sort of place and quite decent too.