Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:57:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Started by Emma Raducanu, May 21, 2007, 05:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Don't you think that, really, by this point in time it's completely obvious that we could all have machines to do the majority of the work in the world?  I remember Scott Chishm on Talk Radio would always say that aeroplanes are pretty much entirely computer-controlled now, and that the pilots are really just there for the passengers peace of mind.  Perhaps an urban myth, but certainly one that could be true, if we wanted it to be. 

By 2046, it'd be great if people didn't want or need to work, and we all changed the way we live and interact.  But it'll take a fucking nuke or something before there's such a huge shift in the world.  You'd surely have to rebuild everything from the ground up, and create a society that sees work as a waste of valuable time, and instead focusess almost entirely on music, art in general, relationships, and y'know, all those hippy ideals in general.