Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:56:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Digs (TEST TEST TEST!)

Started by Neil, May 24, 2007, 02:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

The conversion failed during the PM stage, but there's NO FUCKING WAY I'm going through that again.  I've got 248 pages of them, so I think they're all there.  Please check yours and see there's nowt amiss.  If some are gone, don't fret, when the database is 100% you can get em.  Actually, mine go back to 2004, so they all must be there. 

I dunno what else hasn't been done, I'm looking at the code and after the PM step it looks like it does some general error checking, and recalculates the forum statistics.  HOPEFULLY this will work fine - existing passwords and logins will work, tell me if you have AN problems at all.  This board will be closing tomorrow and will remain closed unless/until it's needed again.

I hope you enjoyed your flight, and wish you a pleasant stay. 

Neil

Test:

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=eVT4X-hD7xs[/youtube]

Artemis

I'm liking the "Classic YaBB SE Theme" the best, I think.

Neil

Ah, glad someone else posted, wasn't sure if they could!  I'll likely be changing all those other skins.

Artemis

I hope you'll be putting that animated gif of the gopher up somewhere as well.

SOTS

Wow. New digs!

Does anyone know how to make skins? Just... we could do with a distinctive one. It looks a little like another temporary messageboard.

SOTS

I have a horrible feeling the stats are going to depress me.

"Time Spent Online: ALL FUCKING DAY. (Go and do something with your life, you boring twat!)"

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

GD seems to have vanished completely. I know it's been merged with GB, but I can't find the Heroes thread and I wanted to make my hilarious Angel Summoner And The BMX Bandit point again.

Neil

FUCK!  I HAVE A BONO AVATAR!  FUCK!!

Small Man Big Horse

This forum's looking superb Neil, thanks for all the hard work!

Neil

EDIT: No worries.  And I haven't even started yet :-)  But it does look really ace with all the default shit.

Quote from: Claude the Lion Tamer on May 24, 2007, 03:54:38 AM
GD seems to have vanished completely. I know it's been merged with GB, but I can't find the Heroes thread and I wanted to make my hilarious Angel Summoner And The BMX Bandit point again.

Yeah I've only hidden it to see how things go, no point banging all the threads in here in case it's shit.

Tell me what you want moved in this thread, and I'll do it.  Although new ones wouldn't hurt, but yeah, last episode of the season, so silly to start a new one.  You can wait till I get rid of Bono, though.

SOTS

Wow. The statistics are interesting as you can look at everyone else's as well as your own.

My earlier post about it looking like another temp forum was a bit mean. Good work Neil!

Neil

Quote from: SOTS on May 24, 2007, 04:00:15 AM
My earlier post about it looking like another temp forum was a bit mean. Good work Neil!

Not mean...just premature :-)  Besides which, it is a tempo forum for the meantime, until I see how it goes.  I'm 99% certain I'm sticking with it though.  I'm looking forward to adding all the bits and pieces to it.

For the meantime, you have to use the YouTube button as it requires the dimensions.  I'm seeing if that can be fixed...I tried, but it didn't seem to take.

The Duck Man

Hello hello. Seems to be working for me. 4:10 am though, I really should go to bed.

Neil

Tell me about it.  Some images seem to be shagged, as my FTP client is wank.  Let me know if you see any, thanks.

Neil

If you're about now can you please take a quick look through your PM's and tell me if you think they're all there or if there's any problems?!

ab901

Is the old GD Youtube thread gone forever?  I was enjoying working through that.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Evil Knevil

ab901

Quote from: ab901 on May 24, 2007, 04:25:23 AM
Is the old GD Youtube thread gone forever?  I was enjoying working through that.

Hooray it's back now, cheers Neil

Small Man Big Horse

Neil

OK ta.  Are all your email addies showing up, despite having them turned off in your profile?  Someone was having that prob.  I've got them hidden to guests...but that's it so far.  I've just been right through the options, and can't see anything at my end.  Anyway, best get to bed soon, please keep any problems or whatever in this thread.

Neil

I'm gonna try reuploading all the images now as some of them went up in ASCII.  If they still show up fucky, do Ctrl + F5.  If they're still not showing up right after that, right-click > properties > paste the filename in here, ta.  Off to sacrifice some virgins to our Dark Lord bed.

Neil

OH!  If we're having avatars, then I vote for a ban on people using their real faces for them.  Yes? 

JesusAndYourBush

Forums lookin good.  I'm only up this late because I couldn't sleep until I'd watched the Lost season finale. Oh boy!  It's a good one.

I can't find the Lost thread.  I wanted to ask if anyone knows what was written on Jacks bit of paper.  I don't think you ever got a clear view of it.

Hypnotoad.

Looking sweet, Neil

Oooh, we get avatars

Emma Raducanu

What's most interesting so far, even if I feel a little intrusive is looking at when members were last here. Some, who I presume had left forever have been back more recently than I'd have imagined.

Neil

FUCK INSOMNIA.  FUCK IT FUCK IT FUCK IT.

Any ideas for custom profile fields?!  Remember we had them before, "weapon of choice" etc.

Quote from: Neil on May 24, 2007, 05:43:17 AM
OH!  If we're having avatars, then I vote for a ban on people using their real faces for them.  Yes? 

You mean that's not you?

This is looking good.

No problems with permissions? It's more complicated (but powerful) than PHPBB - and when I converted a board, I had problems at first (but I had several different usergroups, with access to different forums).

Any chance you could allow people to change their own username (or at least the name that is displayed) for a day or so - maybe some people would like a fresh start, but I just want to fix my missing space that I cocked up when registering.

About email addresses: I think it is under Features and Options > Basic Features > Allow users to hide their email from everyone except admins? It should be checked - then it is up to the user to select in their own profile Account Related Settings > Hide email address from public?

They can also set 'Show others your online status?'.