Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,467
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:56:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Digs (TEST TEST TEST!)

Started by Neil, May 24, 2007, 02:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Good idea regards username, will do that now, name amnesty for a little while.  People should use their title if they're changing to something completely different, so as not to confuse others.

Yes, that's the one I set for email.  Seems fine for me.  I think the board is using a cookie, so that it's still showing him his email addy when he logs out?!

Permissions and stuff didn't get converted, but I spent a few hours getting set up, and it seems fine. 

Neil

Kewl, it lets you sort by ratings!  I was hoping.  Hmm, shall I install them on all the boards though.  (Only Default theme currently)

Click this you speccy twat
Fuck off
[close]

Deadman97

*taptaptap*
Is this on?

Cool. Good work, Neil.

CaledonianGonzo

Looks good, Neil.  Cheers for your hard graft...

[ponders whether to change name when no-one's looking]

Edit:  Coo -

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

That's new...

SEARCH NAZI HAPPY WITH NEW STATS

Ciarán

Just testing, I'm not sure what name I'm logged in as now. Well done again, Neil!

Murdo

Thanks for all your hard work Neil. I don't need to spend my whole day at work looking at the bloody Guardian's site now wooohooo!

Jemble Fred

Some nice new options. Large congratulations!

Look at Osmondle The Frog!

Mr. Analytical

Ooooooooh.... very smart
Good work Neil!

bleeeee

bleeeeeee

bleebleeeeeblee

bleeeeee
bleeee

blee

Great work, Neil - not unappreciated.

Ciarán

I think the forums look much nicer now. I'm going to enjoy mucking about now!

Oscar

Neil is a clever chap, Neil is a clever chap (by which I mean: thank you)
I hope you've gone to bed now.

Borboski

Sargeant Borboski signing in for duty.  Let's see now... everything seems as it should be... testicles-spectacles-wallet-keys... yes.... all spic and span.  As we were then!

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

OO, insert flash button eh... I will have to try to remember how to use it again...

I like this but think it will be harder to get away with browsing at work now. Maybe there should be an option to not view avatars? (I do like them generally though).

Ciarán

There is an option to not view avatars in your profile settings.

Deadman97

Nuff Spekt Neily, top work!

I'm just thinking, interesting GD-type threads may be lost too quickly for my liking amidst all the "virgin" / "ugly mug" GB-type threads.

I'm sure its been suggested in the past, but I'd really like to see a sepearte sub forum for general 'Meeja' discussion - I'm thinking non-comedy TV, films, books, the papers. I honestly don't think this type of stuff deserves to be with GB. What do you think?

Lady Beaner

Mommy, I'm stilll scared!

(Nice one, Neil!)

Eh?! Since when has THAT been my signiture?!  Rather like it though...

Ciarán

I think there should be a God vs Richard Dawkins subforum. In some far-flung corner of the internet, out of harm's way, not here.

Mr. Analytical

Couple of things...

Is there no quick reply option?  it's a pain to have to go up the page to find the reply button.

Are there skins we can doownload to make the forums look different?  I ask as the template choice page looks a bit like the wordpress one.

Santa's Boyfriend

Mmm.  Lavender.

I'm impressed with how fast this has gone up, to be honest.  Congrats Neil!

Milo

Whee, this thing flies along.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Quote from: Ciarán on May 24, 2007, 09:39:24 AM
There is an option to not view avatars in your profile settings.

Oh yeah. There's loads of options!

Toad in the Hole

Quote from: Mr. Analytical on May 24, 2007, 10:04:23 AMIs there no quick reply option?  it's a pain to have to go up the page to find the reply button.

Are there skins we can doownload to make the forums look different?  I ask as the template choice page looks a bit like the wordpress one.

Quote on each post lets you reply immediately; and there's a reply button at the bottom of the page as well.

It does look rather like the bog-standard WordPress pages, you're right.

Santa's Boyfriend

Hmm.  My avatar seems to be resizing itself to be too big.

MojoJojo

Yeah, it's really speedy, hope it's not just because no one has realised it's back up yet.

Oh, and why do we have a wimblemong 2006 forum again?

[edit] whoops, spook to soon, just timed out when i tried to make this post/

Robot DeNiro

It's looking great Neil, thanks for all the hard work.  I'm loving the "Show unread posts since last visit" link, it means I don't have to check in four different forums to see what's new.

Edit - Hmm, I seem to have a little email icon under my name, which I don't really want.  I've checked the "Hide email address from public" box on my profile, do I need to do something else as well?

Quote from: Robot DeNiro on May 24, 2007, 10:28:50 AM
It's looking great Neil, thanks for all the hard work.  I'm loving the "Show unread posts since last visit" link, it means I don't have to check in four different forums to see what's new.

I thought that was available on the front page of the old board, but maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Would I be right in thinking that GD and GB have been kind of merged a bit?

This scrolling text feature will get annoying if overused
edited to say - great update Neil

2nd edit - does it still give the "last edited by...." text when you modify posts after other people have posted?

3rd edit - yes it does

wheatgod

Swish update! Will take some time getting used to ofcourse, but swish nonetheless.

Subject, started by, replies, views, last post. Yes.
Do we need the other columns - rating? And what do the first 2 even mean?