Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,462
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:14:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Digs (TEST TEST TEST!)

Started by Neil, May 24, 2007, 02:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcbpete

Oooh this place is looking pretty swanky so far. Good jerb.

My own board is switching over to an SMF board soon so it's nice to see how it looks !

butnut

Quote from: aaaaaaaaaargh! on May 24, 2007, 10:33:35 AM
I thought that was available on the front page of the old board, but maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Yeah it was. At least one very sad poster had it as their home page.

Quote from: butnut on May 24, 2007, 10:49:17 AM
Yeah it was. At least one very sad poster had it as their home page.

What sort of sad lonely fool would do that?  Oh.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Still getting used to it, but it looks impressive.

I would ask for a mellower, darker blue colour scheme but I'm sure I can probably change that in the settings seen as how much is tweakable, right?

Oscar

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 24, 2007, 10:53:53 AM
I would ask for a mellower, darker blue colour scheme but I'm sure I can probably change that in the settings seen as how much is tweakable, right?
Absolutely, and you can change it so that all the posters are girls who want to sleep with you too!
Grand job Neil!

actwithoutwords

I was just trying the spoiler tags and it said I didn't have the permissions?

EDIT: Where is the [football] thread gone?
Does that mean no-one was posting about the Champions League final last night? Ah well, It would only be painful anyway.

Morrisfan82

Quote from: Santa's Boyfriend on May 24, 2007, 10:26:42 AM
Hmm.  My avatar seems to be resizing itself to be too big.

Mine too, what's going on there?

Liking the shiny new goodness around here though, aces Neil. There's another forum I pop into that uses SMF, and I had previously thought that it would beat CaB's phpBB into a cocked hat, so it's great to see it here.

ccab

Cheers Neil, everything's looking great!

glitch

Quote from: Neil on May 24, 2007, 05:43:17 AM
OH!  If we're having avatars, then I vote for a ban on people using their real faces for them.  Yes? 

How about using other poster's faces?

Labian Quest

Yup, I like it, the new look has given it a whole new vibe.

buttgammon

Cool new place!

Love the avatars!

Cack Hen

Nice one, Neil. It's like Kim and Aggie came 'round and gave it a good, honest scrubbing.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Remember, all you need is some bicarbonate of soda and lemon zest!

buttgammon

Quote from: actwithoutwords on May 24, 2007, 11:12:45 AM
EDIT: Where is the [football] thread gone?
Does that mean no-one was posting about the Champions League final last night? Ah well, It would only be painful anyway.

I was wondering that myself, actually. But that's because I wanted to post about the Champions' League Final!

Lu tze

Does this thing work? Am I switched on?

SOTS

So, what board theme is everyone using? The board default one or the one that looks a bit like old CaB?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The one that looks like the old CaB. I'm a sad bastard.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

I'm using the default because without the avatars, it looks just like a system we use at work, so I'm not having to be so secretive as I would otherwise!

niat

Bloody good new site, Neil. Top notch. I keep finding new and exciting features all the time. (The "shrink or expand the header" button is the latest.)

All the stuff I thought might be missing at first glance seems to be available by changing your preferences, which is surely the best way to do things. Even the avatars aren't too obtrusive, and if they do become so, you can turn them off. Joy. I salute you.

Testing:

my uncle buck drives a truck and once chucked his fuck muck over a duck

Quote from: niat on May 24, 2007, 01:40:49 PM
Bloody good new site, Neil. Top notch. I keep finding new and exciting features all the time. (The "shrink or expand the header" button is the latest.)

i can't see that?!

I'm using the default.  I don't have all my PMs, though.

niat

Just below the word "forum" in "simple machines forum" at the top right of the page (default skin), just to the right of the date/time. It's there, I tell ya!

Edit: this is a reply to ETT re: shrink or expand header button.

Pseudopath

Hooray! CaB's back! Well done, Neil.

Are some threads still being restored from the old board? I sure miss the Techy Thread (sniff!).

buttgammon

Similarly, I'm missing the Football Thread. Is there any point in starting a new one or is it going to be restored?

Cack Hen

I'm using the SE skin, it's easier on the eyes. Iz all dem clunky piktures innit

Captain Crunch

TEST

(holy f*ck. what's wrong with these c*nts?! they should be rounded up and stuck on an inhospitable island and then we'll see how long their f*cking fairy c*nting kingdom f*cking lasts.)

Quote from: niat on May 24, 2007, 02:23:04 PM
Just below the word "forum" in "simple machines forum" at the top right of the page (default skin), just to the right of the date/time. It's there, I tell ya!

Edit: this is a reply to ETT re: shrink or expand header button.

Oh, I see. It doesn't really get rid of much really though does it? I'd like to get rid of the bit that says, "Hello, Eight Taiwanese Teenagers".

actwithoutwords

It's still displaying my email as public. Despite the box being checked to keep it private.

buttgammon

I can't see your email, so I think that's just for you. It looks like it's doing that with mine, but I take I wouldn't be able to see it if I wasn't logged in.