Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,209
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:32:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The New Doctor Who thread

Started by Ray Le Otter, May 24, 2007, 12:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dumbland

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on October 06, 2009, 08:26:15 PM
I have to say I rather like the new logo. It must give an indication of the new tardis interior, all shiny and new

but what is the font?

I'm guessing another customised version of an existing font (similar to their extra-condensed Futura Condensed on the last one). Tinkering around with Indentifont and Whatthefont brings back the similar Compacta, British Inserat, and Press Gothic but none of these quite match. For instance the W is completely different, the random serifs are missing and the R lacks the gap (I suspect these last two points are customisations made to whatever font they used).

I like it. It reminds me of the old logos, and reminds me how un-fond I am of the previous one (nothing particularly wrong with it it just seems very bland). I agree that the insignia looks a bit tacky when placed alongside it, but on its own as a quick short-hand logo I think it will be fine.

Dark Sky

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on October 06, 2009, 06:06:13 PMNow, that really really works...until BOTH logos come up at the end! - no! no! no! - after the landing noise and the "2010" bit, it should have come back with just the "Doctor Who" logo in place of the TARDIS-DW one, and that would have been brilliant.

Sticking them side-by-side like that is just naff.

Oh they won't be used side by side, they just put them together for the announcement.

I quite like that the DWardis is a bit comic book like.  I'm underwhelmed, but not as much as I was with the lozenge logo when that was revealed.  And I bloody love that logo now.  Familiarity breeds love.

Blue Jam

I like the new Doctor Who logo but not the DW one. I had a problem with the current "lozenge" logo because it really reminds me of some corporate logo I'd seen but for the life of me I can't remember which one. Anyone know what I'm on about?

non capisco

Unfairly early to say, certainly just from that small clip where you can't really make anything out, but I've got faint trepidations that Smith's Doctor might end up owing just a little too much to Tennant's Doc, certainly more than anyone previously taking on the role has to their forerunner. I'm happy to be proved wrong on this.

Rev

He does seem a bit like an understudy, doesn't he?  Of course, that clip's from his first post-regeneration outing, with all the weirdness that could possibly entail.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea about what the 'very public' things that were filmed for the Christmas specials, that they can't believe they got away with, are?  I'm not signing up to Gallifrey Base to pick through the inevitable 600 page thread, you lot can do the heavy lifting for me.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Rev on October 09, 2009, 07:00:53 AM
He does seem a bit like an understudy, doesn't he?  Of course, that clip's from his first post-regeneration outing, with all the weirdness that could possibly entail.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea about what the 'very public' things that were filmed for the Christmas specials, that they can't believe they got away with, are?  I'm not signing up to Gallifrey Base to pick through the inevitable 600 page thread, you lot can do the heavy lifting for me.

Spoiler alert
Rose and Jackie Tyler on the Powell estate maybe?
[close]

papalaz4444244

OK so Mr Curtis says his story features
Spoiler alert
Van Gogh
[close]
and the monster is
Spoiler alert
yellow
[close]
. Let's face it, it's got to be
Spoiler alert
alien sunflowers
[close]
. Hmmm....

biggytitbo

Neil

Locking for size, start a new version please, thanks.