Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:01:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Challenge thread- A trip down nostalgia valley (just left of gluttony gorge)

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, May 24, 2007, 12:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle TechTip

SetToStun

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on July 18, 2007, 12:47:06 PM
It's only nostalgic if you remember when it was 10p mixes.

10p? On sweets? In the one shop? My mum would have gone spare if I'd spent that much in one go.

Go With The Flow

Vice Versa.

They were essentially Minstrels, but with white chocolate shell and milk chocolate insides, or...vice versa!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Just had my first flapjack in a while. They're the most filling food on the planet. Even though I was munching away breaking down the oats into digestible sludge, it still felt like I was being force-fed slurry until my stomach burst. But in a tasty way.

TC Raymond

Anyone remember Stopgap bars? I'm sure they were a regional trial thing, because nobody else I've spoken to remembers them.

Catalogue Trousers

Does anybody else recall those near-utilitarian "2p Wafers"? Basically two large playing-card-sized wafers with the ubiquitous "chocolate-flavoured filling" sandwiched between, in a garish primary-colour wrapper (usually electric blue or shocking orange) with "2p" in a double-circle thingy and "Wafer" next to that.

After several years, the price rose to 3p, and as they were standard lunch-box ballast a minor craze arose at my grammar school for proclaiming "Tuppenny Wafers are THRUPPENNY now..." in a cod-Four Yorkshiremen accent. How the long schooldays flew by.

Emma Raducanu

Does anyone remember D registrated cars? I haven't seen one in years. I suppose all their owners have died, unlike their passengers who are still screaming.