Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:32:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Walk of Stars

Started by Cupid Stunt, May 25, 2007, 12:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cupid Stunt

http://breakingnews.ie/entertainment/?jp=MHKFKFAUIDEY

QuoteOzzy to join Walk of Fame - in Birmingham
17/05/2007 - 13:29:49

Hollywood has its Walk of Fame - now Birmingham is to follow suit with Ozzy Osbourne as the first inductee.

The Birmingham Walk of Stars will honour the city's most famous sons and daughters.

Osbourne will get his own brass star on the pavement of Broad Street, the West Midlands' answer to Hollywood Boulevard.

The former Black Sabbath singer and all-round rock legend, who grew up in Aston, will attend the induction ceremony on July 6.

He was inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2002.

But being honoured by his home city is a greater honour, according to Osbourne.

"I have a star in Hollywood on their Walk of Fame but having a star in my home town means so much more to me," the 58-year-old said today.

Walk of Fame organiser Gary Taylor said: "Ozzy is widely recognised as the most famous Birmingham person in the world today and we're proud to be able to offer him the honour of being the first star on the Walk of Stars in Broad Street.

"It's a great testament to what this area offers. We have some incredibly talented people from Birmingham, together with world-famous acts that regularly perform in this area, and we wanted to start honouring them in a way that shows how proud we are to have them here."

And the city's Lord Mayor-elect, Councillor Randal Brew, said: "I really look forward to welcoming Ozzy back to Birmingham in July. It is a great honour to be able to offer him the very first star on the Birmingham Walk of Stars."

Councillor Randal Brew!  http://www.walkofstars.co.uk/

This has inspired me to create a flickr account to display the wonders of Liverpool's own Walk of Fame. There's no way Brum are going to top this.  In a mass effort to live down old stereotypes, the good people of Liverpool have smashed it up and nicked the stars.  They completely gave up on replacing the Beatles ones.  It was rubbish anyway - corporate sponsorship led to some very uninspiring flags.  My favourite is a toss up between Bug Byte Software (hooray!) and CONTINUOUS DATAPRINT (BUSINESS FORMS).  Ah yes, keep yer B&W footage of the Cavern, yer Adrian Henri poems, yer Ian Rush goals and yer Never Walk Alone, nothing speaks to the heart of Merseyside like CONTINUOUS DATAPRINT (BUSINESS FORMS).

They were going to do a Welsh one in Cardiff, weren't they?  Did they go ahead with that?  And does anyone know of a shoddier Walk of Fame than the one in Liverpool?