Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:52:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Seinfeld TV rights

Started by Art Vandelay, March 30, 2004, 04:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Vandelay

Has anybody bought the rights now that Parmount can't show seasons 5,6 and 7.

GoochDogHigh5s

Quote from: "Art Vandelay"Has anybody bought the rights now that Parmount can't show seasons 5,6 and 7.
Hmm, interesting news,
does that mean we may finally get em on dvd?

Neil

Seinfeld DVD's are coming, but it's nowt to do with rights, the hold-up was a big fight over royatlies, there's more info in this thread: http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=1254

Never mentioned it at the time but I did find it interesting that Jason Alexander was doing...The Producers!

Rev

Quote from: "Neil"Never mentioned it at the time but I did find it interesting that Jason Alexander was doing...The Producers!

That was the point of the Curb/Producers thing, wasn't it?  Unless you're talking about something else, and I'm being an eejit.

Neil

Well I was wondering if Larry David had taken that as an inspiration for the fourth series of Curb, you see.  Suppose he must have, it would be an odd coincidence.  I like that he is basing his sitcom characters life around what the guy who played him in another sitcom did!

Rev

That's the way I took it;  JA has been in the Producers since early last year, so it would have to be one hell of a coincidence.  Kind of takes the running joke about the spectre of Seinfeld to a whole new level.

butnut

Quote from: "Rev"That's the way I took it;  JA has been in the Producers since early last year, so it would have to be one hell of a coincidence.  Kind of takes the running joke about the spectre of Seinfeld to a whole new level.

Yes it does! I didn't know that about 'JA'. I really must get round to rewatching series 4 of curb,because all of this throws new light on the thing.

Godzilla Bankrolls

The guiy who plays Jerry's second dad in Seinfeld is in the Producers movie.

That is all I have to add right now, except that Curb has mucho Seinfeld references.