Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:26:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Brother 8

Started by weirdbeard, May 25, 2007, 11:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on November 28, 2007, 06:51:38 PM
So how does "Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack" differ from "Celebrity Big Brother" then?  Earlier this year I was under the impression they'd cancelled CBB.  Surely they must have changed the format not simply renamed it?

In Celebrity Hijack various celebrities will get to play being the actual 'Big Brother', so they are kind of producers, they get to set tasks etc. The housemates will be made up of 'talented' 18-21 year olds, from scientists to artists to musicians to athletes. And Dermot will be presenting the show, his last Big Brother related show. Not really sure how it will work other than that though.

Quote from: Artemis on November 28, 2007, 08:23:41 PM
I always give this sold-out, formulaic nonsense a chance... occasionally it's worth a look, but they really need to be brave enough not to engineer controversy for the sake of it. I always get the impression they're petrified of having another BB4 on their hands and that's skewed their perspective, so they relentlessly cause tension and conflict. It's very dull and rather obvious. Get some interesting, genuinely intelligent people in there and stop pandering to a dumbed down audience, Channel 4.

It's as if the producers know that the current format is becoming increasingly tired but they are too scared to make dramatic changes in case it doesn't sit well with the public and as you say becomes another BB4. But I think the only way the franchise will survive is to totally change the rules, I've mentioned it many times but I'd welcome the BBUSA format slightly adapted into BBUK. It takes the focus off 'celeb' and puts the focus on the game and trying to win the money.

Lady Beaner

Oh god I could only watch half of that video and then had to turn it off (I am sure I could watch more of 2 Girls 1 Cup). Shabaz was fucking frightening!!

Ja'moke

Look how much effort has gone in to the Celebrity Hi-jack eye logo:

Ja'moke

Launch date for BB:CH has been confirmed for Thursday 3rd January, the launch will air on Channel 4 but then the rest of the series will on on E4 every night at 9pm.

Plus the new BBBM hosts have been revealed....James Corden and Matthew Horne...why oh why. This is only for the Celebrity Hijack series though...I hope.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrothercelebrityhijack/a81122/celebrity-hijack-launch-date-announced.html
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrothercelebrityhijack/a81119/new-big-mouth-hosts-named.html

In more exciting news though because of the writers strike BBUSA will be airing earlier next year, official launch date is 12th February. This is great news, hopefully some of you BBUK fans on here will give it a go next year, it's far superior to our version.

Posted on: December 04, 2007, 06:54:07 PM
Joan Rivers let it slip on the radio that she is one of the Celebrity Hijackers for the upcoming series. That's actually a bigger name than I was expecting to take part in this, I thought we'd be getting the usual reality tv regulars...Calum Best, James Hewitt types.