Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:33:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Attention: Former Fans of Popcap's "Psychobabble."

Started by SOTS, May 28, 2007, 04:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buttgammon

My sleep pattern is fucked up enough, anyway. I've been getting insomnia lately and ever since my flight home from my holiday was delayed last week and I didn't get home until half three I've had even more trouble sleeping.

And I normally stay up absurdly late anyway.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

That was a marathon. I got some sleep, though I had to shut my window to drown out the sound of a nearby wood pigeon, the fucking noisy cunt. That turned my room into this sweltering blue sauna. Still, I'd sleep through the blitz.

buttgammon

I had the same racket outside as well, because some birds seem to have made my roof their home. And of course it was getting light which made it no easier. And I woke up virtually every hour until it got to about 10:45 and I just though "Sod it, I'd better get up".

Marvin

I went to bed at 6, got up at 9.30 and just got home after work and pub. Possibly should get an earlier night this evening!

ziggy starbucks

anyone interested in isketch tonight?

I should be free after 10pm

Quote from: Marvin on July 18, 2007, 07:02:14 PM
I went to bed at 6, got up at 9.30 and just got home after work and pub. Possibly should get an earlier night this evening!

ah yes, the life of a train driver/nuclear safety supervisor/lighthouse keeper (delete as appropriate)

Clone Army

CaB isketch room, anyone?

These m-ing f-ers don't know what a bun is.

Ambient Sheep

Can I humbly suggest some tweaks to the default ISketch settings that have been found to work well in the past?

They be:

Wordset - UK Basic  (Minimal Americanisms; medium difficulty, despite the name)
Time / Round - 180 not 150  (You'd be surprised what difference that extra 30 seconds makes)
Grace Period - 30 not 20  (Extra 10 seconds for others to guess after the first successful guess)
After-Game Pause - 99 not 25  (Allows people to let drinks in and out of their bodies between rounds)

You can do the above when you set the room up, or call up the menu at any time by typing /modify if you're an operator (the creator of the room is automatically an operator).  Anybody can check them by typing /param.

It's also a good plan for the creator of the room to make anybody else that they trust an operator, thus: /op Neil.  Being an operator enables kickage of any trolls that lumber in (we had one once who, every round, drew a superbly lifelike image of a black person and then wrote "n**ger" underneath it), but if the room creator happens to lose their connection for any reason, they also lose their operator powers even when they come back.  Having a few trusted people as operators allows them to re-op each other if their connections get lost, so trolls can always be kicked.  Anyone can see who is an operator in a room by typing /oplist.

Hope that's useful - it's all been said on old iSketch threads from time-to-time but I think that's the first time it's all been gathered in one place.

Clone Army

If this is the sort of thing you like to see at one in the morning then you're disturbed.

"board" nsfw

Spoiler alert
[close]

ziggy starbucks

yes, the cock did feature quite heavily in certain drawings

and my drawing of "yen" has to go down as one of the most reprehensible things I've done in front of other people.

p.s. and my piles are still playing havoc

Marvin

I can't be bothered to go to bed yet. Psuedobabble anyone? Anyone?

buttgammon

Marvin

I'll open up the Adults Only room in a window so if anyone wants to join then do so.

Marvin

weekender has come in, come on and join us someone!

LeboviciAB84

I would, but Internet Explorer won't let me download the relevant ActiveX control. Bah, etc.

Marvin

MissInformed

Four of us in there, scaring off the non-whores with our smut.

weekender

Anyone up for some of this inbetween Big Brother shenanigans?

THIS ISN'T A THREAD FOR BORED PEOPLE.

Sorry, I appear to have gone a bit strange.

SOTS

Me and Ffogems are in Babble now if people would like to join us please.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

ziggy starbucks

we play Isketch for 3 hours and the first time I win, everyone pisses off

I enjoyed that

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Twas' good, my powers soon waned into the night after early success. A bit like the career of cricketer Alex Tudor.

ziggy starbucks

actwithoutwords

Argh, my lack of internet has meant I'm missing all this. It reminds me of the heady days of last summer: depression, loneliness and the smell of semen mixed with tears.
*sigh*

Now that I am stealing my new neighbour's wireless signal, I shall hopefully make a Jennifer Capriati-esque return to the babble scene.

Marvin

Ok, I've had some wine now, anyone want to play babble properly?

Make me smile

Quote from: Marvin on July 21, 2007, 12:40:50 AM
Ok, I've had some wine now, anyone want to play babble properly?

If I can get my fucking computer to let me install Activex I will.

buttgammon

I'm up for it. It was a bit too early last time.

_Hypnotoad_