Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:35:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

[Football] - The Transfer Window Is [OPEN]

Started by Slaaaaabs, May 30, 2007, 10:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheatgod

What do West Ham see in Scott Parker?

And do Newcastle really think signing Joey Barton would be a step in the right direction?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

We haven't a fucking clue, so yes, obviously.

phantom_power

Quote from: wheatgod on May 31, 2007, 02:22:38 PM
What do West Ham see in Scott Parker?

i imagine that he is an excellent player who has lost his way a bit but with the right manager could be the one of the best central midfielders in the premiership

duckorange

So, Man U doing their business before everybody goes for their summer holidays? Smart moves.

We sold Mart Poom.

Hobes

Is Parker to be Reo-Coker's replacement then?

Peking O

Yep. Reo-Coker has handed in a transfer request, thank god.

Derek Trucks

Any reasonably skilled whores fancy coming down to Bournemouth for a kickabout on Saturdays?  Including our two keepers, we're now down to NINE players on our books!

fauxgems

I'm in yeovil so it would take me a couple of hours to get there, I'm quite shit and haven't played for a while but I'll willingly occasionally fill up the numbers if you're that desperate.

rjd2

Intriguing transfers, Nani was expected but Anderson well that came as a bolt out of the blue. Ferguson has done well this summer, missing out on the ridiculously over rated Gareth Bale wont hurt anyone especially as Evra has being excellent this season and unlike Bale he can actually defend. Rumours are still flying about a new striker despite the money spent yesterday, Torres the most overrated footballer in Europe wont arrive, so who does that leave? The nightmare scenario for Utd is that Fergie buys someone like Dafoe (the most overrated English player in the premiership) or Owen who's basically another sicknote and no better than Saha anyways. That leaves Huntelaar who is a goal machine but you do wonder how he would fit into Man Utds fluid style of play. Hopefully Rossi will get a chance this season the lad kept Parma by himself.Utd have serious strength in depth now
1.   4-2-3-1

GK - Foster
RB - G Nev
CB - Vidic
CB - Rio
LB - Evra
DM - Carrick
DM - Hargreaves
AML - Nani
AMC - Scholes
AMR - Ronaldo
CF - Rooney

2. 4-4-2

GK - VDS
RB - JOS
CB - Pique
CB - Brown
LB - Gabi
RM - Park
CM - Fletch
CM - Anderson
LM - Giggs
CF - Saha
CF – Rossi

Derek Trucks

Quote from: fauxgems on May 31, 2007, 08:07:53 PM
I'm in yeovil so it would take me a couple of hours to get there, I'm quite shit and haven't played for a while but I'll willingly occasionally fill up the numbers if you're that desperate.

Heh, this ain't no pub team, I'm talking about AFCB, supposedly League 1 professionals!

Well you'll be working for Bond, Kevin Bond, so expect to receive any payment in an envelope in the stadium toilets.

Hobes

Well bugger me backwards! Could this be the reason for the recent coach sackings at the City Ground?

Forest eye Lennon as player/coach

Nottingham Forest are the favourites to sign former Celtic captain Neil Lennon, BBC Sport understands.

The League One side, who are managed by former Scotland international Colin Calderwood, are believed to want Lennon as their player/coach.

Lennon finished his seven-year Celtic career last weekend by lifting the Scottish Cup at Hampden.

But the 35-year-old former Northern Ireland international is expected to continue playing, his agent has said.

Neil's priority at the moment is to continue playing and I believe he has a lot still to offer in that capacity," revealed player's agent Martin Reilly.

Lennon enjoyed a colourful career in Scotland since Martin O'Neill signed him from Leicester City in December 2000 for £5.75m.

During his six-and-half years at the club the Northern Irishman won five Scottish Premier League titles, four Scottish Cups and two CIS Cups.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/nottm_forest/6709915.stm

Well as far as I know, we're not getting rid of Calderwood so how would Lennon as player/coach work? Hmmm can't see it myself, he could probably find a higher status job somewhere else.

I'm happy holding out for Psycho anyways

Hobes

Bit this would be as a 'coach' not manager, most likely as a backroom replacement for the recently departed McParland.

Perhaps Clingan being a regular N.Ireland international has had an influence on Lennon?

The thing that sets this out from all other rumours is that absolutely no-one saw this coming, plus whenever the words "BBC Sport understands" appear on the website, it's usually true.

Apparently Lennon has had talks with Calderwood at the CG and was impressed by what CC had to say, and the playing/coach financial package was also pleasing him. Maybe he still has property in the area from his bin dipping Leicester days?

Ah I see, well maybe this is happening after all. Truly did not see that one coming.

I think he'd be a great addition come to think of it, obviously more as a player than a coach as he has no experience in the latter role as far as I know.

It still pains me to think of another season in "league 1" at the moment. Im going to bed and cry

ccbaxter

RJD2 is overrated.
(Though I do agree about Torres, mind...)

Rooney as sole central striker - why? No really, why? Sir Alex, a week and a half ago, why?

That's very odd about Lennon, though a rather impressive signing if it comes off (and those "BBC understands" do have a very solid record, post-Hutton anyway...) - this, as a Spurs supporter who doesn't mind Calderwood at all, despite his miserable stint steering our reserves after doing a reasonable-ish job in, yes, that 1990s Tottenham side, yet still can't comprehend quite how he managed to avoid promotion last season...

Huzzie

I am scared to ask this cause I know I will kick myself but... RGD?

Hobes

RGD? Me too with the kicking myself...

Anyway, Ranieri's quit Parma. Could this be the return of the tinker-man? Man City in great manager appointment shocker? (Great in terms of managerial ability and ability to entertain/amuse the neutral).

chand

Rumours about Manchester United buying Anelka seem to be gathering pace, that would be, er, interesting. United fans seem to be split between 'he's a cunt', 'he's a cunt who'd fit in to our style of play and might get his act together at this club' and 'ferfuckssake he's played for Arsenal, Liverpool and City, he only needs Leeds for the full fucking set!'.

Hobes

Quote from: Hobes on May 31, 2007, 10:48:29 AM

Forest's depression continue with top scorer Grant Holt handing in a transfer request...

Announced today; Grant Holt's official transfer request has been officially denied.

mothman

And then he woke up to find himself in a small Welsh village with interesting architectural features?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Well the omens for tonight aren't good. I just played FIFA 98 - England vs Brazil. A 4-5-1 formation. Beckham wide on the right. He was slow, couldn't get the ball past anyone, his crosses were crap and he kept on kicking the ball into touch. Brazil won 1-0. Andy Gray was not impressed, he said the defending was "terrible" and that '"the goalkeeper was left totally exposed by his defenders".

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Well they did pull his shorts down...

My prediction for Newcastle's transfer window: we get a big pile of dog poo collected from the corner of Gallowgate by the car park.

Oh and in other news, Steve McClaren has the crucial choice of whether to morph into a beetroot or a radish.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

I've never wanted England to lose the next two matches so badly before.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Lee Van Cleef

Sub Lampard for Crouch.

Drop Smith back into central midfield.
Crouch off Owen
Let Gerrard run free.

Just for the love of god, get Lampard off the pitch.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

boki

Can we put glue in Lawro's toothpaste?  Can we?  Can we can we can we can we can we can we can we can we?

jimmy jazz

Beckham free kick - Terry header!

The system works, the next 3 trophies are ours!

hoverdonkey

Did my ears deceive me or was Lampard booed by a considerable section of the crowd when his name was read out. It was just as Terry was doing his ambassadorial role in the centre circle

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien