Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:14:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Now Europe prosecutes fileswappers...

Started by Pinball, March 30, 2004, 08:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

Link BBC news place.

So, as the US corporate bullying maelstrom moves to Europe, I'm wondering - is it only Kazaa they've targeted? I think all the prosecutions so far are Kazaa (although Grokster et al have been targeted for warnings). And if so, is it because of Kazaa's spyware? It could also explain why KazaaLite has been so hounded out of existence (Kazaa covering its Napster-legal music-wannabe ass).

Is Soulseek safe? Can it be accessed via a proxy server (i.e. anonymously)? Any other thoughts?? It's becoming a little close for comfort now - what do y'all think?

Crazy Penis

The latest version of soulseek does allow you to change the default ports. So I tried to run soulseek through Earthstation 5's gattling proxy feature. But soulseek reported that the gattling proxy port was in use by another application and so chose the next port up. I don't think soulseek has much protection but I'm not sure I tried it after reading one of your other posts but forgot to post this info. Not that its very helpful anyway.