Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:28:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wowzers! Look what's on tonight!

Started by Huzzie, May 31, 2007, 11:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angst in my Pants

Bugger, it started Yesterday (appropriately)!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

This was a great watch last weekend- it's up until tomorrow:
British Columbia: Canada's Olympic Wilderness

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00qy43y/British_Columbia_Canadas_Olympic_Wilderness/

Graham Bell and Ed Leigh journey southwards through the frozen province of British Columbia, Canada, towards the home of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games. En route, they travel through remote communities cut off from civilisation through the winter, learning how the locals survive off the land.

Nik Drou

Cutting Edge: My Daughter Grew Another Head and Other True Life Stories.

A glimpse behind the scenes of perennial CaB favourite; those women's magazines with psychedelic front covers.  On at 9pm tonight.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

In a move seemingly guaranteed to mess up DVD sales, In The Loop is on BBC2 at 10 tonight.

Huzzie

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 07, 2010, 08:18:17 PM
In a move seemingly guaranteed to mess up DVD sales, In The Loop is on BBC2 at 10 tonight.

Well buggerations!!

I was just doing a search on the Freeview's TV-Guide to find something to watch (settling on Mars Attacks which has just started, 10:30 ITV) and I notice In The Loop is on but also that it had been for the past thirty minutes.
So, I come alongs this ways to give yall a holla, knowing full well it will already have been discussed.

Anyway. The reason I am bothering posting is to ask if anyone can tell me when I can catch a repeat of it, please?

I've all (to the) ready watched the film myself (it is the one with James Gandolfini in it, isn't it or has there been another "Thick Of It" movie spin off?) but that was on a dody website stream, so I'd really like to see it again but more than that, I'd love to introduce it to a few family/friends who I know will really enjoy it.

So... yeah... any idea what day it will be repeated (I do realise we may be able to catch it on Iplayer)?

Thank you and I hope you're all well!

EDIT: Also, isn't it a little strange for it to be on terrestrial TV so soon after launch (this is why my confusion above that it might actually be a different Thick Of It spin off)? Does that suggest that it didn't do too well at the box office?

Huzz, get in the chatroom if you can!

Media Centre doesn't have any other showings listed, unfortunately. It looks like iPlayer is your best bet.

Huzzie

Crabman!

Hiya mate.

Sorry but Firefox keeps crashing everytime I click "chat". Even if it worked though, I would only be able to stay in till 11.

Was it for anything in particular mate?

Claude. That's a big shitter! Oh well. Thanks for the info.

EDIT: Wasn't one of the big selling points of the latest Firefox the ability to be able to close a single tab if that site crashed, instead of having to close down the whole thing? I'm sure it was but I've never been able to do that.

boxofslice

Does anyone have any of those tv links on the internet where I can watch the Oscars?  Don't have Sky and I seem to remember there was a link posted on here somewhere last year.

Huzzie

Quote from: boxofslice on March 07, 2010, 10:59:20 PM
Does anyone have any of those tv links on the internet where I can watch the Oscars?  Don't have Sky and I seem to remember there was a link posted on here somewhere last year.

Is this any good?...

http://www.sidereel.com/_bee/The_Oscars

I got it from...

http://techpp.com/2010/03/02/10-ways-to-watch-the-oscars-2010-live-online-for-free/

Which I got from this Google search...

http://www.google.com/search?q=watch+oscars+online&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

Which you might get something else from.

Nothing particular, no, just quite a busy one tonight, I'm sure plenty of people be chuffed to see you.

boxofslice

micanio

Im watching the Oscars on TVU Player - great stream too....

phes

micanio

phes

buntyman

Blur: No Distance Left to Run, BBC2, 10:50pm tonight.

I was considering buying the DVD of this that came out a couple of weeks ago but no need now! There's 45mins of footage from their Glastonbury appearance after that if you're thirsty for more.

rjd2

Human Traffic is on @ 1.20am BBC 2 Tonight. I have never seen this,is it any good? Danny Dyer is in it so I am doubtful...

Mr Colossal

I thought human traffic was  quite good  at the time of release (completely ignoring the cardiff connection).   But I was heavily wrapped up in club culture, growing up with hand me down tapes of acid house, helter skelter, gangter rap and the likes of the prodigy... but being too young so always feeling like I 'missed out' until listening to the likes of judge jules, staying up to record essential mixes, buying vinyl, mixmag/ministry of sound magazines, and making my own trance, techno and hard house mix cds,  going to raves, and dabbling in music production in the late 90's-  so i can sort of understand the club lore, trying to score drugs and uncomfortable forced sincerity of stranger-filled afterparties and comedown elements it covers, and the music soundtrack and elements mirrored my own life at the time.

But looking back, and being outside of that 'bubble' for the best part of a decade  (it seemed to run out of steam and go downhill shortly after the millenium) I find it hard to connect with dance music with the same kind of enthusiasm and find that 'living for the weekend' dedication a bit one-note and cringey, almost like its an 'avoidance' or a lesser creature now...  I havent seen the film in well over 5 or 6 years, so I wonder if I would find the same thing.     I guess if you have fond memories of any part of dance culture or have ever been curious about it, it would hold something for you,  otherwise you're just likely to think the people involved are a bunch of cunts.

Emma Raducanu

It's one of the great films of the 20th Century; Dyer is spellbinding in what must prove to be a career defining role. The scene where he is caught masturbating has the kinetic thrill of riverdance, his conversation with a callgirl every bit as poetic as a Shakesperean sonnet. Koop snorting coke off a table possesses all the subtle nuances of a Dali painting and our time spent with Jip while he waits for his prostitute mother to finish fucking someone is every bit as magic as a first kiss.

It is an enjoyable film, so long as the dialogue doesn't make you want to hang yourself. I know a lot of people will cringe throughout, especially at John Simm wigging it up but otherwirse, I quite enjoyed its futilistic portrayl of a weekend in Wales.

rudi

If the national anthem bit doesn't make you want to tear your ears off and throw them at the screen you're dead inside. The D'n'B car bit is great though.

rjd2

Worth a bump for sure

Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Today, 22:15 on BBC Four
Synopsis

Poignant drama telling the real-life story of a man left paralysed in the prime of his life who went on to show incredible reserves of spiritual strength to author his memoirs. The editor of France's Elle magazine, Jean-Dominique Bauby was struck down in his 40s by a stroke that left him unable to move a muscle, yet did not affect his mental reflexes. He went on to write his autobiography just by blinking patterns - the only physical activity he could still perform - which followed an alphabetical code

DJ Solid Snail

Ah, nice one, I'd been wanting to see that and I was struggling to find something to watch tonight. Thank you, Brother!

tweak

The Thick Of It is on RTE 2 at 10.55 tonight.  Oddly, its starting with the second series.

rjd2

Eastern Promises BBC 2 10PM, NOW!

It seems to have been moved to 10:40.

Phil_A

Quote from: rjd2 on July 17, 2010, 09:57:22 PM
Eastern Promises BBC 2 10PM, NOW!

It's running late because of the golf. It's still "Is Anybody There?" at the moment.

rjd2

Ah oops, well no chance of a ninja edit either!

Still worth watching though.