Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:52:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How old is fifteen really?

Started by P K Duck, June 01, 2007, 01:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudi

Bummers, to a man (well, OBViously...).

chand

Quote from: Dark Sky on June 03, 2007, 11:35:20 AM
Ehhhh I'm not convinced telling his mother "hey ma, I'm just off to fuck this American guy I met off of the Interweb" would go down much better than mentioning the other party was eleven years older than him.

I didn't tell my mother when I went to meet my girlfriend 'off the internet' for the first time. And that was a heterosexual relationship. And I was 21 at the time and she was 20. Having decided that telling her 'By the way mum, I'm going to spend a week in a hotel in Cambridge with a Croatian chick I've known for a year or so online. It's totally okay, we've talked on the phone and exchange pics and whatever. See ya!' would be a bit difficult, I came up with a lie about going to stay with friends, and only came clean when I got back. My mum's not a control freak exactly, but she is my mum and certain things I don't want her to know about.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It still could've turned out to be a blubbering 30 stone Latvian cannibal, you know. You can never tell for sure on the net.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

But you were 21 and so therefore legally allowed to do lots of stuff including meeting random people from the internets (is that really annoying? The whole pluralising stuff that shouldn't be pluralised. I think it's pretty stupid).

buntyman

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on June 04, 2007, 11:56:30 AM
the internets (is that really annoying? The whole pluralising stuff that shouldn't be pluralised. I think it's pretty stupid).

Rightly or wrongly it's just something I've always done and enjoyed doing, too old to change now.

chand

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 04, 2007, 11:45:43 AM
It still could've turned out to be a blubbering 30 stone Latvian cannibal, you know. You can never tell for sure on the net.

Nah, it really couldn't. Unless it was a Latvian cannibal who had an attractive 20-year-old in his house and could make her say things on the phone and on camera at will.

hundred

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on June 04, 2007, 11:56:30 AM
the internets (is that really annoying? The whole pluralising stuff that shouldn't be pluralised. I think it's pretty stupid).

I think you'll find it's 'the internets'.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

hundred

Ahh, that's better. Why does the filter do that?

hoverdonkey

My brother-in-law, who's 19 and never left Wiltshire before (not quite true, but you get my inference) went to New York about three weeks ago to meet a girl he met on the net. He was only supposed to be gone a week but the silly bastard is refusing to come home now. He's still staggering about in a daze, confused by black people and buildings with more than two stories.