Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:26:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrities Deserve Special Treatment!

Started by Artemis, June 04, 2007, 10:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artemis

Well they do, don't they? Come on, this one's a no-brainer. Look at how much they give us mortal folk - whether author, singer, film star or politician, they collectively provide us with the focus of our lives when we're not at work or asleep.

Quote from: BBC NewsParis Hilton has begun her jail sentence for violating probation on a drink-driving conviction ..... She will be separated from the main prison population in a block that contains 12 cells, each holding two people. It is reserved for celebrities, public officials, police officers and other high-profile inmates.

And quite right, too! Why should she, or any celeb, have to mingle with the common folk after all she's given to society? She's an idol to millions - to tarnish that image would be to damage the hope and inspiration that guides so many young people.

Celebrities deserve their exclusive lounges, VIP areas, and yes, their special jails.

Don't they?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

She's only in there for about ten minutes isn't she? She probably doesn't even have to 'shower with the girls and she certainly won't be in there long enough to strike up a relationship with a kindly prison warder who always sees the best qualities in people.

Well, she is a high-risk inmate in a way. *shrugs*

P K Duck

Quote from: Steve Lampkins on June 04, 2007, 11:38:13 AM
Well, she is a high-risk inmate in a way. *shrugs*
Starved of attention for more than a couple of hours she begins to fade and die.

Pseudopath

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, here's Sarah Silverman putting the boot into Paris Hilton at the MTV Movie Awards:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upsbZgbh_mg[/youtube]

Not a particularly funny joke, but well worth it for Paris Hilton's reaction and Jack Nicholson's grin of death.

samadriel

Is it just me, or does Silverman look about 2ft wider than usual across the shoulders?  She doesn't look particularly fat, she just looks... burlier than usual...

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: samadriel on June 05, 2007, 11:14:14 AM
Is it just me, or does Silverman look about 2ft wider than usual across the shoulders?  She doesn't look particularly fat, she just looks... burlier than usual...

I noticed that. I think she 's looking good, it suits her.

Artemis

I've always admired SS's shoulders. Shoulders are quite important to me in judging a woman's attractiveness. Evangelina Lilly has brilliant shoulders.

Santa's Boyfriend

SS?  Special treatment?  What's going on here?

Little Hoover

Well she is under extra risk because of her celebrity status, more likely to become a target of an attack or a... well how would women rape each other in prison, a forced fisting perhaps.

But yeah it is ridiculous.

Little Hoover

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteI've always admired SS's shoulders

Why thanks. They're broad.

Fielding

Oh FFS!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6731143.stm

QuoteCelebrity heiress Paris Hilton has been released from jail after serving just three full days of her sentence.

But the 26-year-old will be kept under house arrest and must wear an electronic tag for another 40 days.

The decision was made as a result of a medical problem, but officials refused to give details of the condition.

Jack Shaftoe

And yet that Sarah Silverman thing made me feel rather sorry for Paris Hilton. Go figure.

Artemis

Apparently her condition involves involuntarily leaving a signed blank cheque on the prison warden's desk.

Peking O

QuoteThe decision was made as a result of a cocaine addiction medical problem, but officials refused to give details of the condition.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Fielding on June 07, 2007, 06:15:41 PM
Oh FFS!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6731143.stm

House arrest?? Yeah, it's a real punishment being kept against your will in your $50 million mansion for 40 days...

I like the fact that instead of coming out and saying "what I did was wrong, I deserve to be punished for it", she posted a thing on her website begging her fans to make a petition to have her not have to go to jail. Good role model there...

stephenjwz

my girlfriend likes paris because shes pretty and thats it. I don't hate her, but the whole escapade has soured me further on america's justice system and on the press, who give her too much flexibility with the law and too much attention respectively. That's probably the funniest thing Sarah Silverman's done that I've seen, its an easy target and a cheap joke, but its funny. Usually I think she sucks.

Rev

Quote from: stephenjwz on June 07, 2007, 11:23:25 PMmy girlfriend likes paris because shes pretty

But...  she really isn't, is she?

El Unicornio, mang

I don't think she's pretty at all. She looks like a lanky duck dipped in orange paint....with a Gucci handbag

Egyptian Feast

Is it just me or is one of her eyes a bit lazy as well? I really don't understand why she's considered attractive either. Horrible, chicken-faced tosser.

duckorange

I think the words we are looking for are "wonky-faced, sausage-gobbling munter"

glitch

SimonG156

Quote from: Rev on June 07, 2007, 11:42:32 PM
But...  she really isn't, is she?

Is that why she's so popular in women's magazines? She's not too pretty.

Alberon

At least the judge seems willing to at least question the release. Hilton has been ordered back to court to review the tagged release.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6732915.stm

QuoteWhen Hilton was originally sentenced to 45 days for violating probation on a drink-driving conviction, she was told there was no prospect of early release.

Judge Sauer had also specifically ruled that she could not serve her sentence at home under electronic monitoring.

I suppose the exact reason for her getting out of jail might come out at the court hearing.

The Duck Man

I don't find her attractive in the slightest.

It's fairly unlikely, but maybe her release has something to do with this:
QuoteParis Hilton is to release a diary documenting her time in jail.

The hotel heiress is currently imprisoned in Century Regional Detention Centre in California, serving a 23-day sentence.

According to experts the diary will fetch in excess of $1 million (£500,000) and is already at the centre of a bidding war between a number of magazines and television shows.

A source told the Daily Star: "Paris's jail diary will make a dramatic read. If she can make it believable and not exaggerate too much she can expect to make a fortune

"And when she gets out it's the story everyone will want – how the pampered rich girl coped with life behind bars."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a59891/paris-hilton-to-release-jail-diary.html

Don't want her profiteering etc.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quotethe story everyone will want

God, I feel like the guy being bored to death on The Armando Iannucci Shows after he's told the 2nd group stage of the champions league's starting.