Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:56:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

'Whore Idol

Started by Ronnie the Raincoat, June 04, 2007, 05:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnie the Raincoat

I thought this might be fun.

There's a fantastic karaoke site called http://www.singsnap.com, at the moment in Beta stage.  I have an account and 10 invites.  I thought we might have a little karaoke contest- you PM me your email address, I send an invite and if I run out, one of you can send an invite along.

I then make a list of 'Whores playing and their profiles.

We pick our own song, sing it, then all submit our efforts for the Verbwhores to judge us.  They vote, and the person with the least votes is knocked out. 

Then we have another round, until there are only four 'Whores left, who all sing the same song.  The two with the least votes are knocked out until there is only two left.  The Verbwhores then pick a song for them to sing, and the most voted for person wins.  I don't know what they win, except for THE RESPECT OF THEIR PEERS.  And that's important.

Anyone want to play?

Artemis

Not for me thanks, but I like the idea of this website and hope it's a runaway success because I can see it taking serious wind out of Simon Cowell talent shows if it is.

Ronnie the Raincoat

*coughs gently*

Anyone? *sad face*

non capisco

I would be up for it if I had any means with which to record my honeyed tones, but sadly I don't.

Rev

chocky909

I would if I lived in the middle of nowhere but unfortunately I don't. I do have a microphone though.

Shame sounds interesting. How does it all work?

Huzzie

Is it just singing?

I mean, we aren't supposed to film ourselves doing it, are we?

You lot are so precious! This sounds like a pretty fun idea!

Ronnie the Raincoat

Yay for Huzzie.  Yes, just singing... *slinks off mumbling and shaking fists*

Suttonpubcrawl

I would do it if it didn't seem like such a lot of effort!

non capisco

Quote from: Ronnie the Raincoat on June 04, 2007, 11:50:05 PM
*slinks off mumbling and shaking fists*

Aw, c'mon! As I said, I'd be bang up for it if I knew how it worked. I have no means of recording myself singing in my flat but I'm sure someone I know somewhere has.

Fuck it, Ronnie the Raincoat. Count me in, by fair means or foul. I'm up for showing off. Just might take a bit of doing, not like you other cats with your fancy microphones and..things.

Ronnie the Raincoat

Ach, ignore me, I am really sulky today!  I have gastric flu and have spent the whole day with it coming out both ends.

Huzzie

Quote from: non capisco on June 05, 2007, 12:27:30 AM
Just might take a bit of doing, not like you other cats with your fancy microphones and..things.

Well, I'm just hoping I'll be able to find my headphones to use as a mic cause if not, I'm going to be shrieking into earphones.

Huzzie

Quote from: Ronnie the Raincoat on June 05, 2007, 12:30:00 AM
I have gastric flu and have spent the whole day with it coming out both ends.

<Nelson> HAha! <Nelson>

non capisco

Quote from: Huzzie on June 05, 2007, 12:30:56 AM
Well, I'm just hoping I'll be able to find my headphones to use as a mic cause if not, I'm going to be shrieking into earphones.

Oh, hang on, yeah. I used to make 'demos' like that, playing guitar and then overdubbing vocals through the crappiest pair of headphones you can imagine. That was on cassette though. How would I convert that into something I can upload? Forgive me, I'm a total spartan when it comes to anything like this.

Well, where there's a will...

Small Man Big Horse

I'm up for this, though I should point out I've only got earphones to 'sing' in to. Oh, and that I got booed off stage at the Melody Maker karaoke tenty thing at Reading festival years ago. Really quickly. But what the hell, it should be fun!

Oscar

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 05, 2007, 03:32:01 AM
I'm up for this, though I should point out I've only got earphones to 'sing' in to. Oh, and that I got booed off stage at the Melody Maker karaoke tenty thing at Reading festival years ago. Really quickly. But what the hell, it should be fun!

Wow, so you're like famous? Celebrity Whore Idol. Now all it needs is Zod.

PS I'm too scared to sing

Huzzie

Quote from: Oscar on June 05, 2007, 09:49:54 AM

Scared of what? Losing your voice?

Don't be such a big ponce!

Lady Beaner

If Deadman97 does not do this, I am going to find him... and kill him.

hencole

I may be up for this if I can find a mic at home.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Oscar on June 05, 2007, 09:49:54 AM

I'm the Ziggy of this competition for sure.

Erm, or not. The MM Karaoke tent's a tiny tiny thing at the festival, and I was bloody appalling when singing, I only did it because of the lure of a free pint.

I wouldn't be scared to sing though, if anyone's worst than me it'll be because they've recently been stabbed in the throat. A lot too.

Morrisfan82

I'd love to take part in this, but unfortunately can't for the time being, sorry.

Deadman97

I'd love a crack at this, but alas am without a mic. And, y'know, I need at least a grand's worth of microphone to do justice to my frankly world-class and awesome vocal skills.

I'll do it.  Mite be fun.  I'm a bad singer but Ill try my hardest.

Do we have enough people for it????

Huzzie

Quote from: tubbsthespidergigolo2 on June 10, 2007, 11:08:46 PM
I'll do it.  Mite be fun.  I'm a bad singer but Ill try my hardest.

Do we have enough people for it????

Tubbs. Who are you now? Maz?

Rev

One's enough.  Tubbs, you're up!

Quote from: Huzzie on June 10, 2007, 11:16:13 PM
Tubbs. Who are you now? Maz?

Sorry.  Didn't understand a word of that.

So do I get an invite???