Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:16:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Goodbye England's Rose

Started by Zod, June 06, 2007, 08:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zod

Tonight, Channel 4 will be showing a documentary concerning the death of Diana, Princess of Wales.

Although we don't see actual pictures of the dying Princess of Hearts, the documentary does include blocked out images of the crash scene.

Both Princes (Wills and Harry) have objected to the program containing such pictures.

Do you think Channel 4 is justified in including such photographs? Do you think they should have gone further and shown the pictures without the blocked out parts? Or should Channel 4 respect the feelings of the kids?

Catalogue Trousers

What with all of the hoo-hah at the time of her death, and the overload of "was she assassinated" that's been stinking up the popular media for the last couple of years, the more pertinent point might be, why the feck did Channel 4 bother? It's going to be rubbish isn't it?

Oh - and for what it's worth, if Harry and/or William are that upset by it (what about Charles?), then I'd say that such material shouldn't be included. With the proviso that that courtesy should be extended to everyone, up to and including Nobby Nobody on the local council estate.

Borboski

1. Agree that it's just another example of sensationalist C4 bobbins, it really disappointments that the Chief Exec spends all day talking to whoever who can about how important it is that C4 retains public funding and has a valuable role to play - and then it just does sh1t like this.
2.  Have to say, anything that winds up the mediocres who suck up our tax and still look like balding horses is a good thing, and I don't care how petty (and even cruel) that sounds.  If you don't like it, boys, abdicate your unearned wealth and priveledge.

My apathy when I heard about this was truly underwhelming.

Blumf

She truly was a person, a woman of the genus Homo Sapiens you could say. She will always be with us, in our tabloids.

Zod

I just hope the documentary affords her the dignity she deserves.

Speaking of which, it reminds me of the punchline to my favourite Diana gag, I can't remember the set up, but the punchline was

'Wipe that merc off your face'.

rudi

Nobody Cares About Your Dead Fucking Princess.

sorry, but it's true...

Zod

Quote from: rudi on June 06, 2007, 12:00:28 PM
Nobody Cares About Your Dead Fucking Princess.

sorry, but it's true...

Rudi, she wasn't MY princess, she was OUR princess.

Are there any genuinely good Diana jokes?

I quite liked "what was the last thing to go through Diana's mind?      The windscreen"

Others Ive heard have been pretty weak. Anyone know any crackers?

fanny splendid

Why has Prince Charles got a multi-coloured dick?

Only one I can think of right now is: Di didn't have dandruff. Yeah, they found her head and shoulders all over the dash.

Quote from: fanny splendid on June 06, 2007, 12:42:02 PM

I don't know, why has Prince Charles got a multi-coloured dick?

Pseudopath

The crazy thing is that most, if not all, of these pictures have been knocking around the web for the past 10 years and have also been printed (albeit with faces obscured) in most of the papers that are currently kicking up a shit-storm about the programme. The pictures aren't even that bad as she had barely any external injuries and was most probably fully-conscious until her heart realised it was sitting in completely the wrong side of her ribcage and packed in.

Rubbernecker's warning: If you are going to search Google Images for "diana crash photos", ignore the third result. It's a photo from a completely unrelated, much-grislier car accident which the site owner has thoughtfully slapped in the middle of a Diana upskirt/downblouse photo gallery.

Obligatory joke: Prince Charles was walking around Hyde Park the day after the crash. A passer-by spots him and shouts "Morning, Charles". Charles replies, "Nope...just walking the dog."

Suttonpubcrawl

Quote from: Borboski on June 06, 2007, 09:55:24 AM2.  Have to say, anything that winds up the mediocres who suck up our tax and still look like balding horses is a good thing, and I don't care how petty (and even cruel) that sounds.  If you don't like it, boys, abdicate your unearned wealth and priveledge.

What a fucking stupid thing to say. How would abdicating prevent the running of this documentary? If they went to Channel 4 and said "we're abdicating, please don't run the documentary!" do you think Channel 4 would care?

EFB

Quote from: Zod on June 06, 2007, 12:12:55 PM
Rudi, she wasn't MY princess, she was OUR princess.

Indeed, it is true that she was everybody's Princess. A gift to the nation, if you like. As much my Princess as your Princess, or, dare I say it, and I think I dare, Gary Lineker's Princess.

Borboski

Quote from: Suttonpubcrawl on June 06, 2007, 02:01:04 PM
What a fucking stupid thing to say. How would abdicating prevent the running of this documentary? If they went to Channel 4 and said "we're abdicating, please don't run the documentary!" do you think Channel 4 would care?

Oh pipe down.  I'm well aware that they aren't going to abdicate, that the monarchy isn't going to implode because of this documentary, but I'm quite happy wishing that it would.

Anyway, it wouldn't stop the running of this documentary, but it would lower their profile, and it would certainly lower the profile of their children and grandchildren.  I think your criticism is just as silly as my comment because, clearly, it ain't going to happen.

Feetlebaum

Quote from: EFB on June 06, 2007, 02:24:17 PM
Indeed, it is true that she was everybody's Princess. A gift to the nation, if you like. As much my Princess as your Princess, or, dare I say it, and I think I dare, Gary Lineker's Princess.

I don't want her... and if, understandably, her sons are upset by the showing of this programme, then perhaps they shouldn't watch it...

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: fanny splendid on June 06, 2007, 12:42:02 PM

I'm still racking my brain over this one. Has this joke got a punchline or are you just fucking with us? Please let us know, I can't concentrate on my work until this conundrum has been resolved.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on June 06, 2007, 02:43:53 PM
I'm still racking my brain over this one. Has this joke got a punchline or are you just fucking with us? Please let us know, I can't concentrate on my work until this conundrum has been resolved.

'Cos he kept dipping it in Di (dye), surely?

That's not a dead Diana joke, that's an alive-and-still-married-to-Charles Diana joke. It's almost tasteful.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Lookalike Mark Chapman on June 06, 2007, 02:49:26 PM
That's not a dead Diana joke, that's an alive-and-still-married-to-Charles Diana joke. It's almost tasteful.

What if the punchline was changed to "Because he can't stop dipping it in Di"? Hmm..tenuous, I see.

duckorange

Oh, good God, I have just launched myself into a world of awful geocities websites by googling 'Princess Diana jokes'.

What does DIANA stand for?
Died in a Nasty Accident.

And that's the best one.

fanny splendid

Quote from: Lookalike Mark Chapman on June 06, 2007, 02:49:26 PM

Regular Chicken didn't specify dead Diana jokes, and that 'cos he keeps dipping it in dye' joke was on my mind after being filmed for a Channel 5 'Top One Hundred Playground Jokes From The EIGHTIES' program to be hosted by Justin Lee Collins...

Most Diana jokes are gonna be based around her death (hilarious material to work with) but as long as its tasteless, I'm game dead or alive ahem.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Well what else is there apart from the car crash?

Did you hear about the one where she goes to Angola and touches an AIDS guy?

Pseudopath

I always quite liked this gag:

What did Princess Diana die of?
Car-pole-tunnel Syndrome

Let's all commemorate the deaths of Mother Teresa and Princess Diana by eating curry and sticking our fingers down our throats.

Dusty Gozongas

And yet, the powers that be blame the driver but still refuse to mention that she had a pint of Carling in her stomach.

Ouch. I'm going to regret posting that.

Deadman97

Look, can someone please save me the trouble and post these controversial Diana death-pics? I've got a chub-on here that's gagging for 'em.

Rev

I'll take the lack of post-programme replies in this thread as an indication that nobody actually watched the thing.  Shame on you.  She lived her life for media exposure, and would have wanted you to.  Did none of you stop to think about the impact that not being particularly arsed about watching another Diana documentary would have on Wills and Hazillz?

Artemis

I did record it and watched it earlier on. What a fucking anti-climax. An hours worth of what-we-already-knew, linked by a few black and white photos with the best bits blocked out.