Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:43:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pope Attack...Kind Of

Started by Ja'moke, June 06, 2007, 01:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

weirdbeard

000.1 - Pope Benedict
7.0 - Pope John Paul II
10.0 - JFK

Pseudopath

Ha ha...why did the guy choose to jump the only bit of fence which had a guard stood right in front of it? He'd obviously been mouthing off earlier on as it looks like the guard was trying to settle him down before he went for the pope-grope.

Blumf

So, what was the plan, jump in and give the pope a big kiss?

Artemis

"....tackled by a number of the mafia, sorry, security guards, there."

ccbaxter

I love the word "Popemobile", it always makes me smile to hear it.
I want one. At the very least, in Lego.

There's plenty of potential for customising it, though, in a more eye-catching and enemy-combatting way - a sort of "Pimp My Popemobile" project.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Wow, I love the reverse popemobile footage!

Nice tactic by Amrollywally to say "um" between every word to fill the time. BBC News 24 really is the most half arsed channel ever.

Mr. Analytical

Quote from: Artemis on June 06, 2007, 02:24:31 PM
"....tackled by a number of the mafia, sorry, security guards, there."

They do look fantastically sinister don't they?  Dark suits and dark glasses... nice and low-key.  Unobtrusive like.  Any more blatantly intimidating and they'd be carrying riot shields and wearing gas masks.

The amount of security shows an interesting lack of faith that God will protect his envoy on Earth.  So when God inflicts an Earthquake upon some poor people it's all for the best in the best of all possible worlds but if God inflicts an assassin on a Pope then it's every man for himself and spending money terrified out of superstitious people on more guards and armour plating.

mycroft

The Swiss Guard doesn't do much to help, does he? He just stands there.

Mr. Analytical

Quote from: mycroft on June 06, 2007, 07:34:58 PM
The Swiss Guard doesn't do much to help, does he? He just stands there.

He was being neutral.

Still Not George

It's clearly Bill Bailey making good on his promises.