Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:22:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your Guiltiest TV Pleasure

Started by Artemis, June 07, 2007, 02:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artemis

Simple, really. Mine....

Street Wars on Sky Three.

Sivead

Neighbours and Newsnight Review for some reason.

Hobes

Prison Break

Guilty, because I know it is pure cack stretched out as long as possible. They do it so entertainingly though.

Same with Top Gear really, it should be a repulsive program due to Clarkson, but it is just so watchable and entertaining (for both the 'wrong' and right reasons).

niat

Top Gear, and Car Wars on BBC1. I just love those Manc cops chasing dodgy scallies every week.

duckorange

Jeremy Kyle.

I need my daily skank fix.

Big Brother.

No wait a minute, I feel no guilt about that one.

I've seen more than three episodes of Gimme Gimme Gimme.

Glebe

Most Haunted for a short while. I just love doing impersonations of Derek Acorah ("Can I jus' say, I feel a presence here....You vile spirit!!").

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Despite how annoying it frequently gets, the reality is that it's still a very cool thing to be doing for families, and the houses are jaw-dropping.

Tracy Hutson, one of the designers, once played Marilyn Chambers (the "star" from Behind The Green Door) in a movie - quite a bizarre juxtaposition really.

For those interested.. http://members.fortunecity.com/noops194/tracy_hutson.jpg NOT WORK SAFE, natch.

Kazuo Kiriyama

Eastenders. I just can't get enough of Phil Mitchell and his potato faced antics.

buttgammon

I'm another person who watches a little too much of Eastenders and knows a little too much about Stella bullying annoying little kid Ben. But at least Beale's car backfiring was entertaining.

Oh, and I have watched at least 10 minutes of Big Brother this year alone, although it was an attempt to send me to sleep. Let's just say it was thwarted by a house full of girls and my own pathetically misogynistic attitudes towards any vaguely attractive oman who dares to appear on my TV.

Jack Shaftoe

Those bloody independent sultanates, I'M SICK OF THEM.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I don't feel guilty about watching any TV program.

Yes, you knew I was going to say that. But it's true.

buttgammon

My bloody keyboard! I suppose it's typed this as United Arab Emirates, now. Of course, I actually meant to say Qatar, I mean cucumber.

Jack Shaftoe

I thought maybe it was a satire of the US world-view. 'Those saucy little omans, palm trees parting just slightly to reveal rich dark oil reserves.....'

samadriel

If I felt a sense of guilt about my TV program choices, then I'd nominate Neighbours.  It's actually the only TV I watch now, apart from the odd Simpsons repeat screened beforehand, or Iron Chef on the weekend. 

Fry

Small Man Big Horse

Desperate Housewives. So much about it annoys me, the incredibly patronising voice over especially so, and I almost managed to give it up during S.2, but this third series drew me back in, goddammit.

Hypnotoad.

Marvin

Not actually guilty but Neighbours, Top Gear and The F Word.

Murdo

Next and Date My Mom on MTV. I enjoy bitching about the people on it.

buttgammon

Quote from: Fry on June 07, 2007, 02:36:14 PM
Waterloo road...

Don't remind me of the programme I watched until the last series ended! Oh, the shame.

katzenjammer

X factor.  Auditions only though, I don't know whether this makes it better or worse.  Grubby though for sure, very grubby.

Uncle TechTip

New Tricks!

Actually no, it's pish and I run a mile whenever it's on.

VegaLA

Reno 911. Stoopid I know but after a hards day work avoiding questions it's the perfect way to wind down, relax, and laugh like a loon so you can forget that the TPS reports are riddled with bogus figures !!

Oh, and at least it's not Eastenders !

Fielding

Quote from: katzenjammer on June 07, 2007, 03:30:30 PM
X factor.  Auditions only though...
Yes, I'm an auditions only man too.

Also, I've started watching late night repeats of 'Sex and the City'. I enjoy being mildly pissed of by those womens' antics. Every week it's "hey, I just met the most perfect guy but...he scratches his balls too much/he has a tiny willy/he's married etc etc

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: VegaLA on June 07, 2007, 05:03:06 PM
Reno 911. Stoopid I know but after a hards day work avoiding questions it's the perfect way to wind down, relax, and laugh like a loon so you can forget that the TPS reports are riddled with bogus figures !!

Oh, and at least it's not Eastenders !

There's no shame in liking Reno 911! It's a smart, fun and inventive comedy, and one which should get a lot more praise than it does.

mcbpete

NoSleep

I don't watch a lot of telly live anymore, but I've regularly been downloading the latest episodes of series 6 of Smallville with a little too much anticipation. I only started watching it from series 5, when somebody I was working with, at their home, was into it. Having now seen a few of se1 & se2 it does seem to have improved a lot, especially the new series, but I can still see how crap it really is, and still look forward to it. I think the thing that keeps me coming back is I want to punch Lex Luthor in his lying gob.

Small Man Big Horse

I know what you mean about Smallville, it can be the most annoying over moralising programme on tv, and they haven't really known what to do with Lana for the last couple of years (the series in which she became part witch was particularly hideous), but every so often they pull an episode out of the bag which is fantastic to watch and really fun stuff.