Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:56:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your Guiltiest TV Pleasure

Started by Artemis, June 07, 2007, 02:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 08, 2007, 12:37:35 AM
I know what you mean about Smallville, it can be the most annoying over moralising programme on tv, and they haven't really known what to do with Lana for the last couple of years (the series in which she became part witch was particularly hideous), but every so often they pull an episode out of the bag which is fantastic to watch and really fun stuff.

There's been a lot more of the latter in Se6 and even the issue of Lana was resolved somewhat. But they've knocked the ongoing story up a few notches, and that's occupied enough episodes to make the  filler ones seem frustratingly out of place.

Small Man Big Horse

Hmmm, yeah, I guess I was being a bit harsh before because, as you say, this latest series has been a lot better. I've liked the way they've handled Lionel's relationship with Lex recently too, he's easily the most fascinating character in the series.

greencalx

Totem Hokum

The OC. It was funny. I'm going to kill myself now.

mothman

Pimp My Ride. Oh, and American Chopper. And Mythbusters. and CSI: Miami. God, looking back on it now. NZ TV schedules were full of nothing but this kind of stuff. We even used to watch *sob* Queer Eye. . .

buttgammon

Now people are just taking the piss. Right? Please say nobody actually watches Casualty or Pimp My Ride.

Morrisfan82

I watched an entire series of Casualty purely because there was this chick in it that I fancied. She is no longer in it.

She actually came into a pub I was drinking in a couple of times, but I was too chicken-shit to try and chat her up.

I've only seen Pimp My Ride UK, which is surprisingly tongue-in-cheek and enjoyably silly because of it.

buttgammon

It's perfectly OK if you've got an ulterior motive, though. Surely nobody actually gets enoyment out of the Casualty for the drama and the storylines?

The Duck Man

Quote from: Muteki on June 08, 2007, 12:36:02 PM
I watched an entire series of Casualty purely because there was this chick in it that I fancied. She is no longer in it.
Was it her: She was very nice.

I'll admit to have seen a fair amount of the O.C. It's actually alright, but it's not something I'd boast about.

Morrisfan82

Yeh, it was her. Was that a guess?!

Captain Crunch

Quote from: buttgammon on June 08, 2007, 11:38:00 AM
Now people are just taking the piss. Right? Please say nobody actually watches Casualty or Pimp My Ride.

Pimp My Ride is amazing!  TV these days is so crushingly bleak, it's all failure, rape and famine or people trying to screw each other over for a couple of hundred quid and three weeks in Now magazine.  PMR is all about helping someone out, making someone happy, brightening up a guy's day, BEING NICE.  It's beautiful, really.

Not my cup of tea though, I prefer to hurl abuse at Gok Wan these days.

Pseudopath

Hey...I can't be the only one around here who likes watching Lazy Town? And no, it isn't "for the girl" (even though she was 16 in May anyway).

Erm...

rjd2

Cold Case and Home And Away for me.

Lord of divs

I watched a show on discovery about a giant pig called 'Hogzilla'.

In fact I love all those deadly animal shows.

The Argus

Prison Break, Shipwrecked, Beauty and the Geek (UK) are all programs which are fairly terrible but I could not stop watching.

Tom Rad

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on June 07, 2007, 04:33:10 PM
New Tricks!

Actually no, it's pish and I run a mile whenever it's on.
Ha, I watch it. But I couldn't really tell you why...

Captain Crunch

Is it because you've got an insane crush on Denis Waterman?

Joy Nktonga

That's why I watch it at least! (I was v. annoyed by having a repeat just chucked into the new series this past Monday.)

So, New Tricks, Neighbours and ER are my Guilty TV pleasures. Everything else I watch is ultra cool. Like Hustle an' that.

Consignia

Embarrasingly, Coronation Street and Waking the Dead. Which is strange because I can't stand any of the rest of the respective genres.

hoverdonkey

Hollyoaks, although less so since Elize Du Toit and Tiffany Mulheron left. What? I'll be a dad in November then I'll be able to officially like it again.

The Duck Man

Quote from: Muteki on June 08, 2007, 03:01:53 PM
Yeh, it was her. Was that a guess?!
Well, from some Internet stalking I did of my own accord some time ago, she's done work at the Bristol Old Vic*, you organise meets in Bristol. Ergo...

Also, she's fit, was in Casualty, but isn't anymore.

*Actually, isn't Casualty filmed in Bristol? If so, I was just lucky.

surreal

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - still one of the best things on TV ever but always has that air of "you don't watch that, do you?" about it.  But if I had to pick my desert island DVDs the complete set of that would do me fine, I could re-watch it forever.

Also started to watch "Criminal Minds" on Living TV - like a poor man's CSI, don't quite know what it is but its compelling... that and "Law and Order SVU", but to be fair that's probably more about Mariska Hartigay than anything else

Burberry Ape

Eastenders, sometimes it's genuinely fucking hilarious.

Spoonsy

Booze Britain and Ross Kemp on Gangs