Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:04:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I am drunk

Started by Sebastian Dangerfield, June 08, 2007, 01:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Good day.

Southern Comfort is delicious.  How did I never discover this fruity and delicious drink before?

Artemis

This is the problem with being drunk; it's always about showing off and displaying how uninhibited you are at that moment by doing stupid things like phoning your ex or starting shit threads.

People who get drunk regularly are fundamentally insecure people. Fact.

ccbaxter

Don't you mean SoCo, as surely everyone no one outside adverts excitedly calls it?

I get drunk very irregularly!  Sorry to start a thread.  I just sat down and hit keys!  This is my new playground and I am the new kid so please forgive me.

buttgammon

The last time I got really drunk and posted here, I just basehd rndaom lkeyts icnhorerlnylt! Yosu lightewrihn! It'ss typfdx nornmally!

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Sebastian Dangerfield on June 08, 2007, 01:08:20 AMSouthern Comfort is delicious.  How did I never discover this fruity and delicious drink before?

Heh...yes, until the day you drink just a leeetle bit too much of it, wake up with a fruity and delicious hangover taste in your mouth, and can never face the sight of the now-sickly-sweet stuff ever again.

I don't speak from experience. Ohhhh noooo sir, not me!

Oh don't talk about the hangover!  It's like the woman I never want to wake up next to!

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on June 08, 2007, 01:23:31 AM
Heh...yes, until the day you drink just a leeetle bit too much of it, wake up with a fruity and delicious hangover taste in your mouth, and can never face the sight of the now-sickly-sweet stuff ever again.

Ah, that takes me back. I was just 17, and only drinking lager out of peer pressure (or more to the point, I liked the effect but not the taste of it), when someone suggested I tried a southern comfort and lemonade instead. The first double was lovely, but it didn't seem to have much of an effect, and neither did the next three doubles. And then wham, I'm on the floor searching for my glasses whilst giggling uncontrollably. After being asked politely to leave the pub we headed to another, where my friends thought it'd be hilarious if I drank yet more doubles. Cue lots of drunken fun where the then normally straight laced Small Man Big Horse acted a bit of a twat to the delight of his friends, before the vomitting kicked in for the next couple of hours, and once in the middle of the night too where I failed to even move from the bed.

I've never drank it since, and still can't abide the smell or taste of it, and it's been over 15 years now.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Southern Comfort is for kids. Adults drink foul tasting booze like beer, wine and whisky.

Marv Orange

Quote from: Sebastian Dangerfield on June 08, 2007, 01:08:20 AM
Good day.

Southern Comfort is delicious.  How did I never discover this fruity and delicious drink before?

Its for teenagers and girls.

Or you have been infulenced by the recent advertising campaign.

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: ArtemisPeople who get drunk regularly are fundamentally insecure people. Fact.

Cobblers, shandy boy. You're committing a hate crime, right there. Why don't you tell us that you don't like Pakis because they smell of curry, and spit on n**gers coz they're lazy thile you're at it?

I drink, therefore I am. Getting drunk helps me celebrate my one-ness with the universe. Booze is my sacrament - I suppose you could say that I'm the booze equivalent of a Rastafarian.

Go read the bible. There's no greater proof that God invented alcohol to prove that he loves us and wants us to be happy than Jesus' first miracle.

Hallejujah!

chumfatty

I'm sporting a nice 2 inch scar on my face thanks to Southern Comfort. No I wasn't drunk on it, some bastard decided to shove a bottle of it into my face, Literally!

Bastard ruined my modeling career.

The Widow of Brid

Southern Comfort is disgusting.
I can't really talk though, given I ended up drinking zambuca, lime and cokes last night (I was aiming for cuba libres, and picked up the wrong bottle).

Hmm. This week has been weird. After months of (voluntary) sobriety I've spent a chunk of this week on the lash to a degree where I'm having to apologies for groping people the next day.
Maybe it's the Change.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuotePeople who get drunk regularly are fundamentally insecure people. Fact

I'm sure that's true for the vast majority. But all fundamentally insecure people don't drink regularly, so it's not like a dead give-away.

Neil

I actually had to extend the tag length for that one

Hey I haven't done this yet:

WHEEEEEeeeeeeeeee.....                                                              STOP NOW, I FEEL SICK!!

Suttonpubcrawl

Last night I bought a can of Tennent's Super, a can of Kestrel Super and a can of Crest Super. Crest Super is horrible, I'm never buying that stuff again, but the rest are alright. I drink them diluted with an equal amount of water so as to reduce them to the strength of normal beer. I'm not joking here. Just spend a while thinking about that. I actually drink super strength lager diluted with water. I acquired the habit because I cycle a lot and by buying super lager I can carry the same amount of alcohol for half the weight, so that my backpack doesn't get horribly weighed down.

Don't judge me.

Pseudopath

Wouldn't it be easier to drink spirits with a mixer of your choosing (water, if you prefer)? If you really like the taste of watered-down lager, I can recommend several Oxfordshire hostelries.

Uncle TechTip

Replace 'booze' with 'weed' and 'original poster' with 'Sam' and there'd be plenty of insults flying. "I drink, therefore I am" - please. It's not something to wear like a badge of honour. We all have our crutches. Now next time Sam posts about weed, leave off him!

sproggy

Only one thing stinks worse than Sothern Comfort puke and that's Pernod & Guinness puke.  You have been warned.

SetToStun

Just how extensive was your survey, sproggy? Because I'd shovelled half a ton of rotten chicken shit on the hottest day of the year before now and I can tell you that honks pretty impressively.

sproggy

I've puked up a lot of things but I can't count Chicken Shit as one of them.

I was talking about boozy puke to be specific, but yes, chickens do stink awful don't they.

SetToStun

Ah, I see. In that case, you may well be right. One of the benefits of age is that you're not often around people likely to vom all over the place on a night out.

rudi

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on June 08, 2007, 04:21:59 PM
Replace 'booze' with 'weed' and 'original poster' with 'Sam' and there'd be plenty of insults flying. "I drink, therefore I am" - please. It's not something to wear like a badge of honour. We all have our crutches. Now next time Sam posts about weed, leave off him!

But you'd also have to replace starting a thread with starting LOADS of bloody threads. I think that was the problem to a large degree...

Baxter

To be fair it's not as if they were all rubbish and besides it's sort of intrinsic to the nature of a threaded forum that unpopular shite will slide down the page (not really enjoying the metaphorical possibilities in that) so I don't see what the problem is. Sadly the poor lad has gone now, perhaps he's hanging around erowid.

Jack Shaftoe

You didn't start mucking about with boiling water again, did you B?

*worries*

Baxter

Is this a "Baxter is posting strangely" question or a "Baxter is posting at strange times" question? and no.