Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:42:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Super Seinfeld

Started by some_mackerals, March 31, 2004, 11:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Some of you lot may be interested in this. Although, I like seinfeld and didn't think that much to it.

http://www.jerry.digisle.tv/room.html

abbot lau

It was going OK until the Amex advert they shoehorned into it.

What's wrong with these people? Can't they see their credibility going down the toilet with these rip-off stunts?

Neil

Jerry Seinfeld has been advertising American Express for yeeaaars though, in fact I'm fairly sure there's a reference to it in one of the Seinfelds?!  

I rather enjoyed that little site, I had great fun watching the making of thing, and that great sing-a-long song from the Musical they go to see.

abbot lau

Well does that mean these 'superman' bits are all going to be just extended Amex adverts?  If so then fuck them. I like my adverts and comedy skits as seperate entities. OK, adverts are allowed to be funny, but it really grates when you're watching something for entertainment and suddenly they try to sell you something.   The product placement in 'Goldeneye' was a particularly shameful example.

And why does Seinfeld feel the need to make adverts? It's the whole Bill Hicks-Jay Leno-Doritos thing. Doesn't he have enough money already?

That said, I'm tempted to see the 'making of' bit as they did a good job with the live action/animation mix.

He's prolly spent all his millions on toothpaste or something.
It is sad to see, considering how sucessful the show was.
He always seemed like such a nice young man...

Neil

Yeah, they're all just extended adverts, and in the making of bit Jerry says he likes Am Ex because they let him do things like this.  I quite enjoyed the actual episode and will certainly watch more, so it's effective in that respect.  

QuoteAnd why does Seinfeld feel the need to make adverts? It's the whole Bill Hicks-Jay Leno-Doritos thing. Doesn't he have enough money already?

Well, yeah, although I don't go along with the whole "artistic roll-call" bit, and refuse to let comedians advertising exploits colour my perception of their material, I do agree with you to an extent.  That said, I spent a pleasurable 20 minutes kicking round that site cooing at little touches like the clock keeping real time...

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "abbot lau"

And why does Seinfeld feel the need to make adverts? It's the whole Bill Hicks-Jay Leno-Doritos thing. Doesn't he have enough money already?

It doesn't make any difference. Bill Gates is the richest man in the world but he still does adverts and anything else he can to make a few extra bucks.

Sports stars too, make millions, but can still be seen in the most awful adverts.

Plus, bear in mind that the kind of money celebrities make off adverts in America is a lot more than folk make in the UK.

Neil

What does Bill Gates advertise?!  See I do agree with Abbot Lau when he says "how much money do these people need?"  When you're a billionairre why would you give a toss about some shitty endorsement?!

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "Neil"What does Bill Gates advertise?!  

Well, he does lots of promotion for his company's own products. For example, when the Xbox first came out in the US he had to stand behind the counter of HMV handing out consoles to guys in Korn t-shirts and backwards baseball caps going "Woohoo! I got the first X-box!!1"
If I was him I'd just spend all day rolling around in money

It's hardly about money when your that rich is it? It's about keeping your profile afloat and big advertising deals do that.

I suppose in celebworld you can have too much money but you can never have enough fame.

El Unicornio, mang

Just to add that Jerry Seinfeld was on The Daily Show last night discussing these adverts. He did talk about Seinfeld briefly, mentioned that he gets a LOT of people shouting "Hello Newman" at him in the street, and that he's busy doing his stand-up at the moment.
He was definetly keen on promoting this thing though, made sure to mention the web address at the end of the interview.

Neil

Thanks for the warning, thanks to the magic of the internet I've just watched that show.  Pretty good Daily Show as usual, interesting to see Jerry on there.  Here's the link:

http://66.90.75.92/torrents/1530/TheDailyShow_04052004-avi.torrent