Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:58:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A visit to the Creation Museum

Started by Al Tha Funkee Homosapien, June 10, 2007, 09:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

I'm sure you've all heard about the Creation Museum. Well here are a few photos and comments from someone on another board a frequent that actually went on a tour of this place of Christian nuttiness. Ignore all the silly comments by other posters in the thread by the way.

rudi

SOTS

Started by this man. Ken Ham... whose beard is just beyond what a beard should look like.

rudi

Quote from: SOTS on June 11, 2007, 02:22:13 AM
Started by this man. Ken Ham... whose beard is just beyond what a beard should look like.

Sorry, sorry; nothing to add but LOL.

Nice one SOTS.
x

Zod

'Ever noticed that people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved?'

Bill Hicks.

Santa's Boyfriend

Really fascinating read.  The one that really makes me angry is the assertion that those who don't believe in God have no basis for morality, and then attempts to show genocide and racism as examples of what happens when you turn away from God.  Yet both incidents shown (racism in the US and the Holocaust) were justified at the time using religious dogma.  The Nazis frequently stated that their mission was to preserve christian ideals and a christian way of life, and deeply distrusted atheism.  And in the US, creationism was often cited as a justification of racism.

Artemis

The morality argument always annoys me because not only is it incredibly insulting, it also demonstrates that the holder of that view hasn't even read their own Good Book. The bible is the last place anyone is getting their morality from unless they cherry pick the good bits which undermines the whole thing. No-one gets their morality from scripture - I mean, has anyone actually read the thing? It's insane!

Plenty of good pictures in that comments thread. I love how they just blatantly make stuff up:

Famous Mortimer

Defence given by a Christian when I asked them the exact same thing: "Seeing as no Vicar would expect anyone to believe in that sort of thing any more, I don't have to pay attention to everything in the Bible".

jutl

Quote from: Santa's Boyfriend on June 11, 2007, 11:00:26 AMThe Nazis frequently stated that their mission was to preserve christian ideals and a christian way of life, and deeply distrusted atheism.  And in the US, creationism was often cited as a justification of racism.

'Son of Sam' serial killer David Berkowitz claimed his neighbour's dog had ordered him to shoot canoodling couples in their cars...

George Oscar Bluth II

I read the God Delusion recently, and was literally astonished by the passages in the Bible that Dawkins quoted. I'd never bothered to learn anything about the thing, so things like Lot letting that crowd "know" his daughers, so long as they don't rape his male houseguest came as a bit of a shock. As Dawkins says, it's a bronze age document with bronze age morals, and should be disregarded as an authority on anything.

Jemble Fred

I just found this (http://www.conspiracyplanet.com/channel.cfm?channelid=98&contentid=4440) an astonishing read. Even as a true non-believer, I find it all a bit depressing. I'd never really considered the creation of the Bible to be quite so cynical.

Having said that, it is on a site called 'conspiracy planet', for fuck's sake. Eurgh. Still, interesting words.

duckorange

You mean to tell me that Popeye is God?

Artemis

It wouldn't be so bad if anyone could actually present a reasonable argument for that poster (the popeye one) but you can already tell that it would descend into the abstract in seconds...

"God said 'I am that I am'"
"How do you know?"
"Because he said it in the bible"
"But the bible was written by humans"
"Yes, divinely inspired by God"
"So actually, God didn't say it, someone else says that God said it"
"No, God said it by his Holy Spirit, through the bible"
"Through somebody else, meaning it's heresay"
"We take the bible as the literal word of God, penned through divine inspiration"
"Why?"
"Because the bible tells us we should"

Uh oh.

Pinball

Fuck religion. Metaphorically, of course, 'cos I wouldn't even let it rim me. It ain't good enough.