Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:01:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Unflattering photos of your good self!

Started by Rubella, June 12, 2007, 04:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rubella

We've had people posting some flattering and some not so flattering pics of themselves in the other thread and now I think we really need to start adding up some of our most awful photos of ourselves.  I know I started this thread on the old florum but it was popular and I am sure you have all had time to gather more unflattering pics.  I know I have.......

Please note I wasnt actually attempting to look like a gom, it was taken when I was unaware and I am frightened that I can pull this face naturally and without realising.  Still want to ride me like a pony now, eh?

Edit to add that I dont have a spot in that picture, I had actually managed to open the fridge door into my face.

Totem Hokum

Ah, what the hell. I barely know most of you anyway:

...as you can see, I work in a call centre.

Pseudopath

Wow! You look like a thin version of my girlfriend (although you are of course attractive in your own special way).

I've been out with so many red heads that my friends call me Ginger's List.

EDIT: Totem Hokum: You are Joe Pasquale and I claim my £5.

buttgammon

The worst thing about it is the fact that I took it myself and it's still extremely unflattering. And it makes me look like a lunatic.

SetToStun

Quote from: Pseudopath on June 12, 2007, 04:57:26 PMI've been out with so many red heads that my friends call me Ginger's List.

You lucky, lucky bastard. That is all.

Pseudopath

Quote from: SetToStun on June 12, 2007, 04:58:37 PM
You lucky, lucky bastard. That is all.

Thank you. But the credit should go to all of those lovely, lovely red-haired ladies for having such low standards. I'll try and fish out an unflattering photo to demonstrate shortly.

23 Daves

Unlike my last "unflattering" picture, the aim wasn't for this to be quite as ugly as it turned out to be.  This picture has also never been shown anywhere, not even to my family, until now:

In my defence, I'd just been on a knackering mountain walk with a full back-pack, the sun was in my eyes, and I was wearing that ludicrous floppy hat to try and stop myself from getting sunburn again.  But still, it's not a proud moment of mine.

And Rubella, you don't look that bad in that photo, your mouth is just in a wonky position.  That's surely not the worst you can do.

no_offenc

There've been fucking countless photos of me playing drums where I've managed to look like an absolute cock, usually because their camera is crap and I end up with red eyes, or the flash goes off and illuminates my annoyingly large forehead (more like five-head, eh, guys and gals?), or I'm halfway through exhaling and they catch me looking like a gormless overweight mouthbreathing cunt.  Which I probably am, though I like to pretend I am not.

Thankfully I can't find any of them.  However, you can rest assured I will continue to embarrass myself should I manage to dig any out.

chocky909

What's a 'gom'? I took this myself, suffice to say I don't look like that normally, normally I look worse.

Pseudopath

Quote from: chocky909 on June 12, 2007, 09:13:22 PM
What's a 'gom'?

An Irish expression for 'fool' or 'stupid person', e.g; "Stop acting the gom and help me bury these explosives"

Strictly speaking, Rubella should have used the feminine form 'gombeen', but who's keeping score anyway?

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=14414.msg692707#msg692707

Still holds true for me.  If I'm being honest, half heartedly gurning and having a grand total of one spot doesn't make an unflattering pic.

If you want to see a really ugly mug, go here (I'm one of the members, you'll have to try and guess which one coz I'm not saying, but it probably doesn't take a lot of detective work).

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2450016120

El Unicornio, mang

I got about 15 pictures back from a show I did a couple of weeks ago and I had a double chin in ALL OF THEM.

chand

Manboobs, unshaven but not in that sexy way or in that cool beardy way, and dandruff for the triple whammy.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Huzzie

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on June 13, 2007, 12:06:33 AM
and wearing a comedy wig.

And being invisible to boot!!

At least to me. Why I no see?

EDIT: Bugger. It's there now. Sorry for accusing you of being invisible Chand. I've seen that pic before, haven't I?

chand

Yeah, I've posted it before on here. Oh for the days when I didn't have a proper job and didn't have to worry about things like cutting or indeed washing my hair.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on June 12, 2007, 09:37:27 PM
I got about 15 pictures back from a show I did a couple of weeks ago and I had a double chin in ALL OF THEM.

This is another in my collection of bad photos. I have too many, I've got to dig out some vagulely okay ones someday soon just to prove they exist. Anyhoo, I see your double chin Unicornio, and raise you the beginning of a third.

It's probably the most unflattering pic I have thankfully, and if you catch me at the right angle these days it looks like I have just the one chinny chin chin. Sometimes.

Edit: Yeah, I know there's no excuse for that shirt in this day and age, but sod it, I've had it for a long time and we've shared many many happy moments.

Sam

Pseudopath

Quote from: jutl on June 13, 2007, 08:36:41 AM
Albert Reynolds isn't a woman though...

I'm obviously taking out of my derrière. Sorry. 'Gom' is simply short for 'gombeen'. I was thinking of another Gaelic insult which changes depending on whether you're addressing a man or a woman.

Or was it a French insult? Ah, sod it.

jutl

Quote from: Pseudopath on June 13, 2007, 10:15:50 AM
I'm obviously taking out of my derrière. Sorry. 'Gom' is simply short for 'gombeen'. I was thinking of another Gaelic insult which changes depending on whether you're addressing a man or a woman.

Or was it a French insult? Ah, sod it.

:)

'Gombeen' seems to be a word for a money lender or a little bit of something (I guess the connection is the 'little bit' on top you pay for borrowing money). It gets into Medieval Latin from Celtic as 'Cambium' meaning an exchange, and from there gets onto foreign high streets as 'Cambio', meaning a small booth used for money laundering by Albert Reynolds. Come and get your 1p then, Changeman. 

The Duck Man

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on June 13, 2007, 10:11:07 AM
Well I think you look lovely and I want to protect you.
Don't believe him Rubella, he did fuck all for Poland.

Neville Chamberlain

Look, when I signed The Munich Agreement, how the fuck was I to know Hitler would then go off and annex Sudetenland and then invade Czechoslovakia?!? Not my bloody fault, you lying git. Appeasement my arse.

rudi

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on June 13, 2007, 11:13:45 AM
Look, when I signed The Munich Agreement, how the fuck was I to know Hitler would then go off and annex Sudetenland and then invade Czechoslovakia?!?

The plans were written on the back of that piece of paper you Gom...

Neville Chamberlain

Well I didn't read the whole thing. It was just too long and boring.

The Duck Man

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on June 13, 2007, 11:13:45 AM
Look, when I signed The Munich Agreement, how the fuck was I to know Hitler would then go off and annex Sudetenland and then invade Czechoslovakia?!?
Well, there was some clue - he'd already invaded the Sudetenland by that point, you useless arse. You just thought the Munich Agreement was just a nice chin-wag over tea, didn't you? YOU MAKE ME SICK, CHAMBERLAIN.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: The Duck Man on June 13, 2007, 11:39:46 AM
You just thought the Munich Agreement was just a nice chin-wag over tea, didn't you?

As a matter of fact, it was! Whatever people say about Hitler, he does do a good line in custard creams.

I'm still looking for a flattering photo of myself. Seriously, I always end up looking like a German paedophile in photos, possibly due to a curse, or because that's what I look like.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Similarly, my photos are moderately flattering digitalisations of what I actually look like.