Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:03:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Unflattering photos of your good self!

Started by Rubella, June 12, 2007, 04:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buntyman

I know it wasn't in the spirit of this thread but the totally unprovoked spite was amusing. I'm sure the guy doesn't intend to offend anyone, it's just his way - write something blatantly malicious and then stand aside and laugh at the uproar.

SetToStun

It may just be me (OK, it looks like there are a couple of us), but I can't read ccab's little rants without laughing. I honestly don't believe they're meant to be genuinely nasty - just read that last one again, it ends with mudpacks, paper bags and guillotines, for crying out loud. If I'm wrong then OK, it's nasty stuff, but I really can't bring myself to believe that's the case. He's like Rik from the Young Ones, only on helium.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: buntyman on June 14, 2007, 04:38:25 PM
I know it wasn't in the spirit of this thread but the totally unprovoked spite was amusing. I'm sure the guy doesn't intend to offend anyone, it's just his way - write something blatantly malicious and then stand aside and laugh at the uproar.

"It's just his way". Oh come on, Bernard Manning doesn't intend to offend anyone, it's just his way...

sproggy

ccab's great, always has been, so stop being a bunch of prissy limp wristed faggots, get over yourselves (that bit was for da kids) and take it in the spirit with which it was intended.

chocky909

I don't give a shit whether you found it funny or not, it was out of order. Actually I did giggle briefly, it was well written. Nevertheless, it was very nasty, personal and had no real point to it other than to make Rubella feel bad. Surely the fact that she feels it was too personal is a sign he took it too far?

As for the spirit intended, well that's open to interpretation isn't it? It's just his way? Fuck his way. At least pick on VWs who are up for all that shit, like someone said earlier regards his previous comments in the other photo thread towards explodingvinyl, he's only criticised the females and after a flurry of positive feedback, almost as if in a fit of jealousy...

SetToStun

Like I said, it may just be my interpretation then. I can honestly say that someone spouting such well-crafted OTT vitriol at me would actually make me laugh and assume it was just joshing. At this point, I think I'd better bow out of this one as I can sense things may be about to get a little heated. I'll just wait to see if ccab ever pipes up to let us know his true intentions.

thugler

Not 'up for that shit'? then don't post a picture of yourself on an internet forum.

QuoteSeriously, stop it with the 'ginger bashing'. It's actually racist and makes people feel bad.

I am ginger/semi-ginger and was involved in ginger bashing. It's tongue in cheek and anyway, gingers don't have feelings.

El Unicornio, mang

These "excuses" being made for ccab are ridiculously lame.

mrpants

It's a shame that his post upset Rubella, but then I don't understand how you can get genuinely upset over something someone said on an internet message board.  Perhaps you're sharing too much when someone can hurt your feelings on here.

Saying that though, as much as ccab is one of my favourite posters, I think his post was a little close to the bone this time.  Not meaning that what he said was true, just that he sailed a bit close to the funny/ mean line.

Catalogue Trousers

ccab is just resentful that his mighty testicles and exceptional penis aren't being serviced by much at the moment. Which is puzzling indeed, given that he could clearly charm the birds out of the trees. Although sadly for him, not out of their pants. Poor, poor ccab.

chocky909

I'm sure ccab will say exactly what you said, that's basically what he always says. Like you say he revels in the blurred lines misunderstandings.

My mam always said "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all" but then ccabs mum probably left him alone in the house as a child while she whored (yes I went there) herself out, leaving poor little ccab to develop his women hating, twisted sense of humour.

And you do realise that no more female VWs will post their pics if he continues this way.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: mrpants on June 14, 2007, 05:57:41 PM
It's a shame that his post upset Rubella, but then I don't understand how you can get genuinely upset over something someone said on an internet message board.  Perhaps you're sharing too much when someone can hurt your feelings on here.

Of course you can. How does it being posted on a message board make it any less hurtful? An insult is an insult.

So when's ccab gonna post a pic of himself?

mrpants

Well perhaps you're taking this message board a bit too seriously if an insult on it carries the same weight as a real life insult.  If I was to get upset over something someone said on this board I'd think to myself 'Hang on, I'm being insulted my some spotty little nerd who's probably sat there in his pants, drinking Mountain Dew, with his keyboard covered in crisps and semen - it's not worth getting upset about'.

chocky909

Don't assume that I'm fuming here, I'm in my pants here too, not taking it too seriously. But that doesn't mean I won't post my objections when I feel compelled to.

Are you actually suggesting we 'chill'?

mrpants

No no no, I'm not suggesting you chill - I'm suggesting you chillax.

Catalogue Trousers

sproggy

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on June 14, 2007, 05:31:02 PM
Or else what?

what?

Quote from: chocky909And you do realise that no more female VWs will post their pics if he continues this way.

AHA!  So the real motive has surfaced, I see you chocky... I see you well and good...

Emma Raducanu

Quote from: mrpants on June 14, 2007, 06:11:16 PM
I'm being insulted my some spotty little nerd who's probably sat there in his pants, drinking Mountain Dew, with his keyboard covered in crisps and semen - it's not worth getting upset about'.

Sounds like you're a Daily Mail reader. Or is that how you percieve ccab?

ccab

Quote from: chocky909 on June 14, 2007, 05:38:47 PM...like someone said earlier regards his previous comments in the other photo thread towards explodingvinyl, he's only criticised the females and after a flurry of positive feedback, almost as if in a fit of jealousy...

Actually, Chocky, what I said about explodingvinyl was:

Quote from: ccabFinally, a sexy she-VW, ... Hello there...

and

Quote from: ccabI'll phwoarr at explodingvinyl till the ceiling comes down - if I choose to. Long Live Lechery!

I complimented her, because she's genuinely beautiful & I'm happy to compliment any beautiful woman who posts her picture here. But irrespective of which prissy posters it pisses off, I won't call a pig a princess.

As for the spirit this is intended in - well what do you think it is? The grumbling about it bemuses me. I've given you an appraisal of one photo which she chose to post. I've confined myself to that photo & I've been critical but not abusive. Perhaps Rubella doesn't like it, but really, what else did she expect? She can stamp her feet & deny she's precious, but her vanity says otherwise. I ventured to tell her she's ugly (and I was speaking honestly - she is) and this judgement is so unthinkable to her, she has to attribute it to a blanket 'hatred of all women'. Please. I don't think it's a bad thing this sort of hypertrophic vanity should hear it like it is on these boards. Perhaps you disagree. But really, I'm not going to start tip-toeing around these spoilt egos or propping up their daft delusions.

Quote from: The UnicornSo when's ccab gonna post a pic of himself?

I've already posted one. I know Abbie has it set as wallpaper on her desktop - ask her nicely and she might repost it.

Oscar

QuoteI complimented her, because she's genuinely beautiful & I'm happy to compliment any beautiful woman who posts her picture here. But irrespective of which prissy posters it pisses off, I won't call a pig a princess.
Ah, so it is Hot or Not then, just what we all needed. It fits together nicely: you feel obliged to post your opinion on someone else's looks should they choose to post their photo and others feel obliged to post their opinion on your personality since you have displayed it so clearly.

chocky909

My mistake ccab, it was annalisa that I was thinking of.

Quote from: ccab on May 19, 2007, 05:35:46 PM
Great peroxide, but your snout looks like something from a Rembrandt painting.

Explodingvinyl is still where its at.

QuoteI won't call a pig a princess.

But you MUST let them know you think they're a pig...

QuoteI've been critical but not abusive

I'd hate to see you really going for it then.

QuoteI'm not going to start tip-toeing around these spoilt egos or propping up their daft delusions.

Surely that's all in your head? There was no evidence for any delusions or egotistical bubbles that needed popping. It is not a HOT OR NOT thread. At no point did anyone invite a serious critique, except in your brain. Also can you link us to an example where you ripped into a male VW with the same ferocity, to prove you're not a woman hater?

Baxter

I do enjoy commenting on and sermonzing at ccab at the best of times, but:

1. This is an unflattering pictures thread.
2. She does look very unflattered in that image, if I saw someone who looked like that in truth I would avoid them.
3. The post was funny, granted more due to it's convoluted nature than the commentary.

Quote from: chocky909 on June 13, 2007, 11:23:19 PMDon't listen to him Rubella, you're gorgeous.

she may well be but it was facets of that image being commented on, she chose that image because it's unflattering. I really don't think you can be in your right mind if you look at that image and think it fits the definition of being "dazzlingly beautiful or magnificent*".

*according to the answers.com definition of the word "gorgeous"

El Unicornio, mang

Yeah but anyone is going to look bad if they're pulling that face

chocky909

AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrRRRRRRRGGGGGGggggggHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

sproggy

Audrey Hepburn didn't (look bad when she pulled a face)

El Unicornio, mang

Oscar

I'm quite impressed that a female whore posted up a picture of herself that actually was a bit unattractive, as opposed to an extremely cute picture with the words "Oh I look aaawwwwfful!" like many would. Not that I think Rubella looks particularly bad, she's just pulling a silly face and Baxter's "She does look very unflattered in that image, if I saw someone who looked like that in truth I would avoid them." is just strange, although I would avoid Baxter based on his avatar, so it's all logical in the end.
For those denying misogyny, Goldentony's photo seems to have passed without comment, despite being a thousand times worse than Rubella's (not that everyone needs to comment on every photo, but it is weird that only Rubella's photo has been picked apart). I'm telling myself that he posted it gallantly to stop all the bitching, but he may not have.

sproggy