Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:03:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The British Citizenship Test

Started by Santa's Boyfriend, June 13, 2007, 11:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa's Boyfriend

Quote from: Little Hoover on June 14, 2007, 12:31:58 PMit seems odd that britan is such an attractive prospect to immigrants.

Not really.  There are two main factors - 1, we speak English, and English is one of the most common foriegn language to learn, what with the last two empires both having it as their standard language.  2, Britain has a reputation of being nice people with a good economy and don't arbitrarily persecute people.  They don't know about all the things that people claim make Britain an attractive prospect.  They just know that it's a place where people speak English, there are such things as jobs, they are not likely to be tortured.

Uncle TechTip

It's also easy to get well-paid work (compared to your home country). This is the number one driver, I imagine.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on June 14, 2007, 10:51:46 AM
Heh, so what do they do, ask your wife the same question, and if you don't agree you get deported?  Sort of like Mr & Mrs with cavity searches instead of teasmades, from the sounds of it.

Pretty much. They also ask random stuff like "What's your wife's favourite food" and "What colo(u)r is your wife's toothbrush".

I lived with her for 3 years and don't know what colour her toothbrush is.