Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:36:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Barrymore arrested again...

Started by surreal, June 14, 2007, 11:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lfbarfe

Quote from: Steve Lampkins on June 14, 2007, 06:55:59 PM
I'm not being funny, but how do they know it was sexual assault, as in non-consensual...? Sorry for any stereotyping.

That's almost entirely down to the dead man's family being unable or unwilling to accept that he may have been at the very least, dual voltage. Our boy wasn't gay (spits - yuk, disgusting, makes me sick, etc), ergo he must have been drugged and raped. The evidence however does seem to suggest that Lubbock was no stranger to homosexual activity. While his father deserves every ounce of sympathy for losing a son, he deserves utmost contempt for describing yesterday's arrests as "the jackpot". Stupid cunt.

chocky909

QuoteJust being gay is motive enough for me
Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 15, 2007, 01:39:39 PM
I wouldn't be so open about that, if I were you.

I'm assuming you're joking about me having motives for setting him up rather than you saying I shouldn't be open about being gay?

Anyway, I've been thinking, even if the injuries WERE sustained at the party, what does that have to do with him drowning in the pool?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Yeah, the former. Wink and smile and that.

chocky909

Good, I nearly thought you'd come out as a threatening homophobe there.

Huzzie

chocky909

Quote from: Huzzie on June 15, 2007, 02:18:11 PM
CHOCKY'S GAY?????

Assexual/Bisexual/Gay/Not straight/inactive/scared to leave the house to be (im)precise.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

With the seemingly pervasive opportunities to sustain rectal scarring, potentially at the hands of perverted morticians and faded alcoholics, I'm not surprised.

gazzyk1ns

Ambient Sheep

Oh!  Just saw the front pages of the tabloids (haven't had a chance to read them yet, and won't, for a while), and it seems as if this arrest follows someone handing over an audio tape to the police of Barrymore talking about Lubbock's death.

Or perhaps you all knew that already.

Alberon

I think those tapes have been over-hyped by the tabloids. The guy who made them, Simon Cowell's brother apparently, says that while Barrymore does talk about the death on them he says nothing new about it all.

I don't think the tapes are even part of the reason Barrymore has been arrested now.

He has to be released tonight unless the police charge him or go to court to get an extension. I suspect he'll be bailed while the investigation goes on

Duckula

My mate met barrymore in the toilets of a club in aberdeen last Christmas. He didn't get drowned or anything though.

chocky909

Right, who put "My kind of Poo-Hole"?

surreal

Quote from: Huzzie on June 15, 2007, 02:18:11 PM
CHOCKY'S GAY?????

heh, I'm imagining Huzzie saying that in a Brian Blessed / Flash Gordon voice, a la "GORDON'S ALIVE?????"

buttgammon

Quote from: Duckula on June 15, 2007, 05:59:35 PM
My mate met barrymore in the toilets of a club in aberdeen last Christmas. He didn't get drowned or anything though.

I bet he's still sore, though. Haemorrhoid cream won't do the trick!

P K Duck

Have they even announced what Barrymore's been charged with specifically?

This is as far from schadenfreude as it gets in my opinion, and, yes, I think the young man's body sustained those infamous injuries at the morgue. There is a mini-resurgence in corpse-fucking, and the problem is global it seems. The last time this sort of cadaver coitus in mortuaries became widespread was towards the end of the Vietnam War, so maybe this recent trend has been sparked by apocalyptic fears circling the Millennium, TWAT etc?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

buttgammon

Artemis

Ooh, I was hoping for some action, there.

Bummer.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Alberon on June 15, 2007, 05:57:44 PMI think those tapes have been over-hyped by the tabloids. The guy who made them, Simon Cowell's brother apparently, says that while Barrymore does talk about the death on them he says nothing new about it all.

Yeah, I've read them now, and you're dead right.  Was just a hook to hang a headline on.

Quote from: Alberon on June 15, 2007, 05:57:44 PMI don't think the tapes are even part of the reason Barrymore has been arrested now.

'zactly.  One of the articles even quotes Plod as saying "The arrests were planned several weeks ago, before the tapes were handed over."

Quote from: Alberon on June 15, 2007, 05:57:44 PMHe has to be released tonight unless the police charge him or go to court to get an extension. I suspect he'll be bailed while the investigation goes on.

Yup.  Interestingly the papers had it all wrong this morning - they said that they'd released the other two while keeping Barrymore in, when in fact it was the reverse (although they've now released one of the other two as well).  I guess they were guessing-before-deadline based on erroneous tipoffs from Plod.