Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,377
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:54:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Board game: Burkinabe banking scammer what shall I do?

Started by Baxter, June 14, 2007, 11:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baxter

QuoteHello Friend,

Thanks for your response.

I am promising you that you won't regret being part of this transaction.
I have attaching and send to you my staff identity card and please don't fail to send me yours in your next mail to me and please you have to promise me that you will not let me down in this transaction when ever the fund is been transferred to your giving bank account.

You have to feel free for there is no risk attach to the transaction and it's %100 risk free, but all I need from you is trust in this transaction and I want you to promise me that you will never betray me after this transfer has been made to your giving bank account.

Could you please call me with my private phone number? +xxx xx xx xx 28.
I'm living in Ouagadougou Burkina Faso West Africa. I state my details as follows: MR. ALIHAJI ZONGO.  An accountant by profession, I'm 39yrs old, presently working at the office of Bill and Exchange Department of Bank Of Africa (BOA).I am married with two children. My residence address no: 18 avenue de la Charles Degaulle sect: 21. Box Postal: 01 bp 5256 Ouagadougou Burkina Faso , My Private Telephone No is. +xxx xx xx xx 28. Concerning what I need from you about this transaction. Although based on mutual trust and understanding .As you will led me in establishment over in your country. Concerning the transaction at hand, as this cannot be done by email alone. Meanwhile, I would want to detail you a little on the fund to be transferred to your account. This is not stolen money rather, a discovered abandoned money belonging to one of our late customers by name MR. ANDREAS SCHRANNER from Germany who died years ago in a plane crash together with his entire family living behind his contract sum unclaimed in our bank.

According to one of our banking policies which stipulate that after four to five years of unclaimed fund, the fund will automatically go into the treasury of our bank and that's why I want to use you as next of kin to the deceased customer and claim out the fund. Importantly and as I discovered, my bank does not know that MR. ANDREAS SCHRANNER has no next of kin which makes it more easier for you to stand in as next of kin to the deceased person. It's only me and my colleagues who knew that MR. ANDREAS SCHRANNER has no next of kin. There is no risk about this for it's 100% risk free as I will provide you with some vital documents related to the contract sum of MR. ANDREAS SCHRANNER and a text of application which you will resend to bank fax line, introducing you as next of kin to MR. ANDREAS SCHRANNER and also instructing the paying bank to effect the transfer of the inheritance fund of MR. ANDREAS SCHRANNER into any bank account which you will provide and submit to the bank.

I am also sending to you my bank id card. And as soon as I receive your account particulars, also with your declaration of interest and willingness to cooperate with assurance that you will not sit on this money when it gets to your account and a promise not to implicate me in this business, I will furnish you with above information. Could you please call me on the above phone number immediately you receive this email, I will be eagerly waiting for your urgent response.

Regards

MR. ALIHAJI ZONGO.

buttgammon

I'd just like to say I'm a former scambaiter, and it's a right laugh to lead the bastards on. And I can pronounce 'Ougodougou'. How very clever of me!

But honestly, I once convinced one scammer that I was a guy called Ivor Smallcock, and he had to call me up at a free voicemail number thing. And he said "I find Prince Charles sexy!" I think I may have put it on a CD somewhere, and I'll upload it if I find it. Anyway, this guy got annoyed with me because I faked some airline tickets (probably just as bad as a scammer, I guess) and convinced him I would meet him at some airport in Lagos. When I didn't show up, he claimed he had been waiting for hours standing around with a sign saying "Ivor Smallcock".

And there was the time I convinced another scammer that Ivor Smallcock had been kidnapped just seconds before he was about to wire the fraudster some money. I ended up sending him ransom notes under the pseudonym 'Ringo', supposedly Ringo Starr. And I pleaded with him to send Ringo some money to release Ivor under the guise of Mr. Smallcock's secretary, but he just got a bit fed up.

Baxter

Can people really be that stupid though, most of the replies these guys get must be scambaiters by now surely, I would quite like a nice fake cheque from the bank of Africa i could frame it and everything.

buttgammon

Well, I can't imagine there is much money in it for the fraudsters any more or ever was in the first place. I marvel at how people can believe these fake documents sometimes, especially the kind that have a crap looking wax seal that you can tell is flat and is actually just a picture of one.

extradave

'bankofafrica33@excite.com'

Jesus. You'd think they would have their own domain.

buttgammon

Quote from: buttgammon on June 14, 2007, 11:36:23 AM
But honestly, I once convinced one scammer that I was a guy called Ivor Smallcock, and he had to call me up at a free voicemail number thing. And he said "I find Prince Charles sexy!" I think I may have put it on a CD somewhere, and I'll upload it if I find it.

Here we go:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2poocs

I told this guy that the secret 'password' he had to use when he called me so I knew it was him was "I find Prince Charles sexy". And he obliged!