Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:15:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Most Used Keyboard Key?

Started by Brad, June 15, 2007, 02:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad

Looking at your keyboard see which key is the most used by its shininess and lack of character decal from all that rubbing!

On mine it looks like its the "L" Key that has taken the most use.

Which one is your most used key?

chocky909

Blumf

The Space bar, closely followed by the Enter key.

buttgammon

It's very hard to tell, but the volume knob is worn to the point that it keeps falling off. It doesn't actually work, anyway.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

buttgammon

On a higher level to the keyboard! I've got a very weird desk, because the keyboard tray is too small to fit a keyboard and mouse on at the same time unless the keyboard is about the size of a pocket calculator.

Blumf

Neville Chamberlain

I could feed a small African nation with the contents of my keyboard.

As for the most used keys, I've had a look and they're H, I, T, L, E, and R.

glitch

My grottiest keyboard had W, A, S, D completely worn away, with grooves where my long and girly nails kepy rubbing against the keys. Q, E, R, F, C, Z, V, Shift, Ctrl and Space were also decal-less but not so shoddy.

Can you tell I was a gamer?

SetToStun

Good lord yes - that's the same as my home PC :-)

On a related note, I used to go out with a young lady who had an alarm system in her home. The first time I went back to her place I looked at the control panel and said "your alarm code is 0979, isn't it?" She said "No, it's 9079, but how the hell did you know?" I just smiled mysteriously and told her it was about time she changed it.

It didn't work out, surprisingly.

niat

Work laptop probably too new to be showing that sort of wear and tear, but Alt and Tab are probably the most used to flick from this site to more work-related fare!

Ambient Sheep

In descending order, seems to be A, S, E, N, L, O.

However my "H" is pristine and my "R" nearly so, thus refuting any suggestion that I spend my whole day typing the word "ARSEHOLE", or indeed "ARSENAL".

Oddly the "A" and the "S" have little grooves from my fingernails in as well; no other letters do.  I can only think this is due to typing "Ambient Sheep" into three-million login boxes a year, and, due to their position, my fingers hit them at a certain angle due to the close proximity of the shift key.  Sounds like bollocks, but what else would cause it?  See for yourself (with apologies for blurriness)...

Pre-Submit EDIT: Ahaa, I see I'm not the only one with nail-grooves.  But why only those keys?  Must be the finger-to-keyboard angle thing after all then, I guess.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

You must have talons, or type at your keys like Mr. Burns, with your hands dangling from limp wrists.

Sherringford Hovis

F5.

Why won't anybody talk to me?
*sob*

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 15, 2007, 03:56:25 PM
You must have talons, or type at your keys like Mr. Burns, with your hands dangling from limp wrists.

The odd thing though is that it's only those two keys.  What's weirder is that my nails are actually shorter on that hand because of my guitar playing.  And no, I don't type like Mr. Burns.

I seem to remember that they appeared almost overnight, as in one day I noticed them looking just like that, as they are now, and thinking "Fuck, how did THAT happen?".  Maybe I was just posting very crossly late one night with unclipped nails, I dunno...

Shoulders?-Stomach!

An enraged email to the Advertising Standards Agency, perhaps.

Captain Crunch

My 'e' has rubbed a bit so it looks like I have 2 'f' keys.

You want proof?  I'll give you fucking proof you titwipe!

chocky909

Are you sure it wasn't always an F? It doesn't look rubbed away, it looks solid right up to the corner.

glitch

Quote from: chocky909 on June 15, 2007, 04:22:23 PM
Are you sure it wasn't always an F? It doesn't look rubbed away, it looks solid right up to the corner.

Doesn't have the little tab at the bottom of the key, which is necessary for touch-typing/blind people or something.

fanny splendid

idunnosomename

I used my space bar so much it is completely blank!!!!!!

El Unicornio, mang

The \ key, = key, 6 on the numeric keypad and F1 key seem to be the grottiest. No idea why.

SOTS

Recently replaced my keyboard as it got pretty fucked up and stopped working so all my one is pretty new.

Small comment about keyboards here, but has anyone who was fairly good at typing on a normal keyboard starting using a laptop more often and became a bit shit with regular keyboards?

Just that i've noticed that i'm far slower at typing on the keyboards at school than I used to be before I got my laptop.

chocky909

I want one of these: http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/

It's a keyboard that has 48x48 colour OLED display on each key which means you can customise it with whatever you want. Any language, symbols sets, logos, pictures, movies. Ridiculously expensive ($1500) at the moment but maybe more common in the future.

Anyway, the letters wouldn't rub off is my point.

Blumf

Quote from: chocky909 on June 15, 2007, 06:31:55 PM
Anyway, the letters wouldn't rub off is my point.

Shouldn't be hard to write a patch for that though.

Tamarind Massacre

Quote from: SOTS on June 15, 2007, 06:21:30 PMSmall comment about keyboards here, but has anyone who was fairly good at typing on a normal keyboard starting using a laptop more often and became a bit shit with regular keyboards?

Yeah.  I've been laptop-only for 6 years.  Typing on a normal desktop keyboard is now quite difficult.  The keys move too far, take too much force, and make too much noise.  A bit like typing on a mechanical typewriter.

Back to the thread.  My previous laptop was both my work and home machine, and I used it hard for 2 years.  Some of the keys had gone from the original matte finish to a glossy polished finish, with the label long worn away.  I think E and S suffered the most.  I've had my current laptop for 6 months, and it' s just a home machine.  The keyboard looks as new, except for the dust and crumbs between them.

Howj Begg

heh, is this a way of trying to find out our net passwords?

mcbpete

The Plaque Goblin

I've been using the same keyboard for about eight years. It's filthy dirty but all the printed letters are completely intact.

Eventually, the space bar stopped working properly, so that must be the one I use the most. Anyway, I opened it up and found some really spooky looking stuff in there. Like a giant alien's foreskin or something.

Rev

I see 'Alt Gr' and raise `

Oh yeah, I rock that motherfucker.