Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,399
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:53:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forbes Celebrity 100 List

Started by daisy11, June 17, 2007, 10:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daisy11

As a lover of lists, I enjoyed this.  Some obvious ones but Mitch Albom?  I really must get writing.  Here are the photos and info for the top 100 most powerful celebrities:

http://www.forbes.com/2007/06/12/07celebrities_all_slide.html?thisSpeed=20000&boxes=custom

And here's a pure list:

1. Oprah Winfrey

2. Tiger Woods

3. Madonna

4. Rolling Stones

5. Brad Pitt

6. Johnny Depp

7. Elton John

8. Tom Cruise

9. Jay-Z

10. Steven Spielberg

11. Tom Hanks

12. Grey's Anatomy

13. Howard Stern

14. Angelina Jolie

15. David Beckham

16. Phil Mickelson

17. David Letterman

18. [Not them! No, no, not allowed]

19. Donald Trump

20. Celine Dion

21. Simon Cowell

22. U2

23. Kobe Bryant

24. Michael Schumacher

25. Shaquille O'Neal

26. Jay Leno

27. Nicole Kidman

28. Ben Stiller

29. Alex Rodriguez

30. Dr Phil McGraw

31. Ronaldinho

32. 50 Cent

33. Brian Grazer/Ron Howard

34. Justin Timberlake

35. Michael Jordan

36. Rush Limbaugh

37. Tim McGraw

38. Roger Federer

39. Jerry Bruckheimer

40. George Clooney

41. Kimi Raikkonen

42. Jerry Seinfeld

43. Sean (Diddy) Combs

44. Jennifer Aniston

45. Adam Sandler

46. Oscar De La Hoya

47. Desperate Housewives (cast)

48. LeBron James

49. J K Rowling

50. Derek Jeter

51. Maria Sharapova

52. Matt Damon

53. Gisele Bundchen

54. Vince Vaughn

55. Bill Clinton

56. Gore Verbinski

57. Will Smith

58. Valentino Rossi

59. Judge Judy Sheindlin

60. Jessica Simpson

61. Tyra Banks

62. Anthony Robbins

63. Cate Blanchett

64. Regis Philbin

65. Sandra Bullock

66. Rachael Ray

67. Alan Greenspan

68. Julia Roberts

69. Serena Williams

70. Michelle Wie

71. Keira Knightley

72. Hilary Duff

73. George Lopez

74. Kate Moss

75. Barbara Walters

76. Ryan Seacrest

77. Scarlett Johansson

78. Jessica Alba

79. Daniel Radcliffe

80. Reese Witherspoon

81. Larry the Cable Guy

82. Deepak Chopra

83. Annika Sorenstam

84. Heidi Klum

85. J J Abrams

86. Dan Brown

87. Emeril Lagasse

88. Wolfgang Puck

89. Dane Cook

90. Jack Welch

91. John Grisham

92. Jeff Foxworthy

93. Rhonda Byrne

94. Dakota Fanning

95. Danica Patrick

96. Mitch Albom

97. Emma Watson

98. Hayden Panettiere

99. Paula Deen

100. Bobby Flay

Santa's Boyfriend

And where is Maureen from Driving School?!?

Twenty four of them are so far up the scale of power that I've never heard of them.

daisy11

Quote from: Santa's Boyfriend on June 17, 2007, 10:37:05 AM
And where is Maureen from Driving School?!?

Exactly! 
It has such a strong US-bias, tsk, tsk, can't think why.
Wolfgang Puck (No. 88) is a good name isn't it.

Labian Quest

No way, 'Dakota Fanning' only made it to No. 94, wtf were they thinking? and Emeril Lagasse at 84!!!?! tsk, tsk.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote54. Vince Vaughn

55. Bill Clinton

hpmons

Quote97. Emma Watson

Whats she done thats more noteworthy than the rest of the Harry Potter cast?

P K Duck

Quote from: hpmons on June 17, 2007, 01:50:39 PM
Whats she done thats more noteworthy than the rest of the Harry Potter cast?
Umm... has the potential to get her kit off in the immediate future as a sort of "I'm not Hermione any more" statement?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Daniel Radcliffe has already done that onstage.

How exactly are these people powerful? Obviously Serena Williams has Hulk like strength, but can Oprah shoot lasers from her eyes or Matt Damon walk on walls?

Santa's Boyfriend

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on June 17, 2007, 05:57:55 PM

Yeah, but there are no photos of that I understand - and I think if either of them were asked to take their clothes off for a photoshoot or a steamy sex scene in a film, I reckon Emma  Watson would be able to command a higher wage packet for simply being a girl.  And you know what us leery men are like with our primitive penis-led brains, eh girls?

Mr. Analytical

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on June 17, 2007, 05:57:55 PM
How exactly are these people powerful? Obviously Serena Williams has Hulk like strength, but can Oprah shoot lasers from her eyes or Matt Damon walk on walls?

It's measured in the old traditional Hollywood manner : How many prostitutes can you kill and still have your employers pay to hush the whole thing up.  Oprah could kill tens of thousands.  In fact, she probably has killed loads of hookers.  She sacrifices one before each show.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Godzilla Bankrolls

Oprah *is* powerful. She's even managed to get around the FCC because "she's Oprah!".

Geraint

this was one you could 'rate' all the candidates on though wasn't it? so people were following links on fansites, giving their hero the maximum and often giving every other listed celeb the minimum as well. I'm still genuinely annoyed that Dikembe Mutumbo didn't make the cut though

Mr. Analytical

What, the basketball player?  speaking of which, isn't Kobe Bryant in jail for rape?  or did I dream that?

I don't even know what half of these people are.  I'm guessing Jay-Z isn't one of those reclining chairs.

SetToStun

Quote from: Geraint on June 18, 2007, 02:52:59 AMI'm still genuinely annoyed that Dikembe Mutumbo didn't make the cut though

I believe that's because they tried to use his full name on the form and everyone's browsers just spontaneously melted.

chand

Quote from: P K Duck on June 17, 2007, 05:52:29 PM
Umm... has the potential to get her kit off in the immediate future as a sort of "I'm not Hermione any more" statement?

Seems to be starting already, there was a pic of her in some paper I saw the other with a slightly leering caption about how she's 'clearly growing up'. There was a spoof site purporting to be some nerd counting down the days til she was legal; that's not that far off the way the media deals with underage girls (see also Charlotte Church).

Shoulders?-Stomach!

That's true. Most people in the audience were saying afterwards "He's not Hermoine any more."

Slaaaaabs

Where is Dog the bounty hunter? He's got BEAR MACE!!!!

George Oscar Bluth II

Who the fuck is Larry the Cable Guy?

El Unicornio, mang

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ApeRC_ClG5I

It's comedy for rednecks, basically. Doesn't translate so well to the UK

gazzyk1ns

Heh, I wonder if Emma Watson will participate in that obvious scenario playing out? I'm reminded of the magazine who had Hannah from Neighbours on the front with an "...all grown up now!!" type caption, although I always assumed that the actress (I know her name, it's Rebecca Ritters, I just thought it would seem odd to just drop it in there) did it at least partially because she needed the money/publicity, which Watson won't. Well, actually, maybe she will, as has been pointed out, to start the whole "don't typecast me!" thing? I've never read or seen any Harry Potter but I just assumed that they'll (Harry and Hermione) end up shagging, even if the term "shagging" is avoided because it's for children.

Godzilla Bankrolls

micanio

It's based on annual earnings - Oprah was top with $145 million a year, Tiger Woods earned something like $90million and so on and so forth....

chand

Oprah's considered to be insanely powerful, particularly with her Book Club. Basically any book they feature gets a ridiculous spike in sales; if you can get your book on Oprah, that's it.

The Duck Man

Quote from: gazzyk1ns on June 18, 2007, 07:39:33 PM
I've never read or seen any Harry Potter but I just assumed that they'll (Harry and Hermione) end up shagging, even if the term "shagging" is avoided because it's for children.
Get with the programme gaz, the love story is between Ron and Hermione. It's basically all the 6th book was about, before Rowling decided to throw in some stuff about wizards in at the end. Harry's inexplicably fallen in love with Ron's sister Ginny, who is suddenly all confident, and is played by my housemate's cousin in the films.

I think Watson doing the more explicit shoots is fairly inevitable. She's not an especially good actress, so she might end up having to do them in order to stay in the public eye. Either that or she'll do it to stop getting type-cast, as Anne Hathaway did. Don't get me wrong, I don't think she'll end up in Zoo, but I'd say raunchier shoots are going to happen. Most actresses do them now, anyway, don't they?

What a bleak post...

El Unicornio, mang

They showed a clip on a show here, taken from some charity commercial Oprah did, and it opens with her walking through the most enormous area of luscious green grass, beautiful oak trees, a massive waterfall and an enormous mansion behind, and she says to camera "I'm here, ON MY FRONT LAWN, to talk to you about the problem of...."

neveragain

...poverty in the Middle East?

Pinball

El Unicornio, mang

I don't remember, it was something like battered women I think