Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:28:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Family Guy parody

Started by TC Raymond, June 19, 2007, 04:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TC Raymond

I know the series is a parody of itself, but I tried...

And a cover I designed...

"Full frontal nudity? Not in this part of Esher."

Godzilla Bankrolls

Rather reactionary, isn't it? Like Viz for Tories.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

It's pretty rather quite good. Usual spite and bile sprayed in the face of everyone you dislike ( i.e. everyone) as we've come to expect.

Darrell

Point-missing, charmlessly unpleasant, barrel-scraping, secondhand Tory shit.

"Chav", "pikey" and (worst of all) "rugmuncher"? Who are you, some sort of cunt? (answer: yes).

Your artwork is deriative and ugly too. Not a Crumb of talent.

Get to fuck, I beg you. Besides, I've heard Zit magazine are recruiting.

Godzilla Bankrolls

TC Raymond

Quote from: Darrell on June 19, 2007, 06:17:44 PM
Point-missing, charmlessly unpleasant, barrel-scraping, secondhand Tory shit.

"Chav", "pikey" and (worst of all) "rugmuncher"? Who are you, some sort of cunt? (answer: yes).

Your artwork is deriative and ugly too. Not a Crumb of talent.

Get to fuck, I beg you. Besides, I've heard Zit magazine are recruiting.

Zit magazine bit the dust years ago.

TC Raymond

Quote from: Godzilla Bankrolls on June 19, 2007, 04:35:43 PM
Rather reactionary, isn't it? Like Viz for Tories.

That is the best summing up of my work I've ever read. I salute you, sir.

Marvin

Ugh, probably the most charmless comic strip I've seen in years.

TC Raymond

Quote from: Marvin on June 19, 2007, 06:40:56 PM
Ugh, probably the most charmless comic strip I've seen in years.

Not familiar with my work then?

evelyn_blake

Really liked that. It is slightly reactionay- I don't know if that is due to you satirizing the rather reactionary content of a lot of purportedly satirical texts these days (including Family Guy) or you are actually inclined that way but I frankly don't care which one it is or whether it's neither. And the Crumb derived nature of it dosen't really taint my enjoyment and from seeing other strips you've done it does seem you are conciously emulating him. Do you draw in any other styles or do you just not give a toss about some people dismissing your work as a homage just because you wear your influences on your sleeve?

Have you got any published work out there?

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

It's all a bit directionless in its scorn and makes - essentially - the same points as the South Park episodes you dismiss.

neveragain

It's no good giving any detailed descriptions of why his comic strip is shit, [banned troll]'s clearly not going to accept any common sense arguments. I, for one, am glad that he got through an entire post without crowbarring in The Goodies.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Nowhere near as bad as some people are making out, but at the same time only periodically amusing.

Little Hoover

The thing that rang the most true was about the pensioner eating toast, although you should of had it go on for about 9 boxes before peter says anything.

TC Raymond

Quote from: Little Hoover on June 19, 2007, 11:50:47 PM
The thing that rang the most true was about the pensioner eating toast, although you should of had it go on for about 9 boxes before peter says anything.

I've done a seperate gag in another strip where I comment on the endless "AGGGH...fssss...AAAGH...fsss....AGGGGH...fsss" 'Peter's fallen and hurt his knee' Family Guy gag which everyone seems to think is a fucking classic.
For the record, I really like Family Guy, but I'm not so lovestruck that I'm blind to its shortcomings.

Seems as good as any Viz I've ever read. Whether that's a compliment or not I leave to you..

TC Raymond

I've just looked at my drawing of Beth Ditto being used as a bouncy castle again and nearly shat myself. Pathetic, but true.

Cack Hen

You spelt Pete Doherty wrong.

You should print it up and send it around.. I have to admit the only place that immediately springs to mind is Viz, because of a clear artistic similarity but they dont' really do many parodies.

It's quite Mad Magazine as well.

Hank_Kingsley

Guy Family?! What an insane inversion! My mind is blown!!!

This, my friends, is a very important work of satire. I see a bright future for young TC...

madhair60

I quite like your art, but it's all a bit cluttered, isn't it?  It really feels like Crumb-lite.

TC Raymond