Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:20:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CD Ring - Who's in?

Started by Make me smile, June 22, 2007, 10:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Make me smile

Following in the footsteps of Zozman and Smoker, who both did excellent work in organising previous CD rings, I suggest we all have another go at it.

The idea is that everyone creates a cd of the audio they love (probably music but comedy, spoken word, farting noises are all fine too). People are then put into groups and are given the address of someone they will be posting on to. All of the CDs should pass around each 'ring' of people (rings of 5 would probably be best)...I would suggest we have 2 weeks to listen to the CDs and then a week's window for posting on.

I don't mind organising it all, but remember at some point you will need to give me your address, so if you are squeemish about giving it out or don't like the idea of me jumping out of your wardrobe at 3am, then maybe this isn't for you.

Who wants to enter my ring then?

sparklewhore

Yup!  I'm up for a bit of cd action

glitch

I'd be interested. Can never have too much new music.

Lanky

Me too. I'm absolutely drowning in new CDs at the moment, but I can never resist one of these.

Toad in the Hole

Goshdarnit, why the hell not.

Beck

I'm interested, as long as there's a reasonable gap between now and whenever it is I'd have to be churning this out by, as I'm a ridiculous perfectionist at the best of times.

Make me smile

Quote from: Beck on June 22, 2007, 11:48:33 PM
I'm interested, as long as there's a reasonable gap between now and whenever it is I'd have to be churning this out by, as I'm a ridiculous perfectionist at the best of times.

Get cracking! I hope to get this off and running in about a month's time.

Emma Raducanu

Go on then, you've twisted my cock.

Famous Mortimer

Ciarán

Yes! Include me in. I love CD Tree rings. The process of compiling a CD forces me to think about the music I like in completely new way, so over the next month I'll be rifling my record collection for weird and wonderful things.

MissInformed

Oh go on then. I can't imagine any of you will remotely be interested un anything I like, but hey, I'm willing to give it my best shot!

CaledonianGonzo

* throws hat into ring *

Prepare for an ill-flowing, chosen-at-the-last-minute mixture of the blindingly obvious and horrendously cliched.

Go With The Flow

I'm in, please. Nothing excites me more than finding out VW's addresses getting new music, and giving the music I love to other people

ziggy starbucks

actwithoutwords

Marvin

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on June 24, 2007, 10:02:18 PM
* throws hat into ring *

Prepare for an ill-flowing, chosen-at-the-last-minute mixture of the blindingly obvious and horrendously cliched.

Yep, what he said, count me in.

chocky909

I'm up for this. I also promise my CD will be better than my Wimblemongs.

Make me smile

Okey dokey...posting week 1 will be the w/c Monday 23rd July....so get cracking on those CDs. I will post more information about the next steps soon, tomorrow probably.

For the first round only the listening period will be 3 weeks rather than 2, partly so we can iron out any problems, but mainly because I am buggering off on holiday at the start of August and don't want it to all fall to shit.

While I am in the mood, here are the likely dates...

Posting week 1: w/c 23rd July
Listening time: 30th July - 19th August
Posting week 2: w/c 20th August
Listening time: 27th August - 9th September
Posting week 3: w/c 10th September
Listening time: 17th September - 30th September
Posting week 4: w/c 1st October
Listening time: 8th October - 21st October
Posting week 5: w/c 22nd October
Listening time: 29th October - 11th November

falafel

I will do it! I remember the last one I was in well, a good 18 months ago...

Aniasg

Marginal & Troublesome

drberbatov

Neil

Yeah I'm in, also, send me discs directly for playing on CaB Radio. 

John Self

Heh! I get it. "Ring". Heh. Sounds a bit like... "bum"!

n.b: I don't get it.

Anyway, whatever the joke is, I'd like to act like I'm in on it please Mr. Me Smile. Also, I've no idea how you're gonna arrange the groupings, and whether this request is inappropriate or whatever, but I'd very much like to exchange stuff with Neil and Ciaran. No no, not for any unsavoury reasons or ulterior motives: nothing, in fact, to do with music at all. I just like the idea of strange Irishmen knowing where I live.

Neil

I'm totally sending that dude some semtex.

John Self

You'd better!

And hey, make sure it's some proper semtex, old-school and authentic, none of this modern shit, oh, and as obscure as possible too: I'd expect nothing less from you. In return, you can expect from me an eclectic selection of organic, hand-made, Fair Trade nail-bombs. (I live in Hampstead.)

Neil

Quote from: John Self on June 30, 2007, 05:35:21 AM
In return, you can expect from me an eclectic selection of organic, hand-made, Fair Trade nail-bombs. (I live in Hampstead.)

Wahey, I've SCORED!!!   .  Lads.  !.

Apesod

Ooh! Can I be in on this too? I like music.