Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:47:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CD Ring - Who's in?

Started by Make me smile, June 22, 2007, 10:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Go With The Flow

Once I get some envelopage I can send mine - will most likely be tomorrow now.

CaledonianGonzo

Emma Raducanu

I'm sending mine tomorrow.

A reminder to the reciever. Don't throw it away, just throw it around a bit, then pass it on.

Famous Mortimer

I received mine this morning (thanks to CaledonianGonzo) and shall be having a listen with a cold can of lager and a bag of crisps tomorrow evening. Mine to whoever is due one from me will be going out in the morning (delay due to me trying to find some blank CDs).

chocky909

Listened to Aniasg's CD today, recieved yesterday. Very good. I haven't made mine yet but will and send out at weekend.

Toad in the Hole

I will be endeavouring to get mine out today, but it's been a bit of a hectic week  However next week isn't going to be any less hectic, so it will definitely go today...

Make me smile

Just a gentle reminder...could people let me know when they receive CDs as well as when they send them?

Ta

Go With The Flow

I posted mine this morning.

Lanky

Sent mine this afternoon.

falafel

Having problems with CD burner but the mix is sorted and the... artwork... is finished. So this weekend then, fingers crossed.

Emma Raducanu

My CD may not play on all or any CD players. Dunno why but there is nothing I can do. It does work on dvd players and computers.

Murdo

I got Jaffit's mix yesterday, haven't listened to it properly yet but it sounds pretty awesome.

Mine will be in the post Monday morning.

Ciarán

I'm taking full advantage of the two-week posting window we've been given to start with, so I'll be posting in about three days time. Sorry about the delay, but I want to do some nice artwork!

Emma Raducanu

I've been listening to The Other White Meat all morning and I've got to say it's absolutely great. Luckily for me most of it I've not heard before and there is such a terrific veriety, each next song is a little file of excitement. Not sure if I'm meant to be commenting on it here but thought I'd mention that I'm really enjoying it.

djtrees

Are we meant to be reviewing/commenting on this thread or what? Cos I got mine in the post this morning so it would be nice to say summat about it. After I've listened to it obviously.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: DolphinFace on July 30, 2007, 11:44:30 AM
I've been listening to The Other White Meat all morning and I've got to say it's absolutely great. Luckily for me most of it I've not heard before and there is such a terrific veriety, each next song is a little file of excitement. Not sure if I'm meant to be commenting on it here but thought I'd mention that I'm really enjoying it.
That one was from me, DolphinFace, glad you enjoyed it. I tried as much variety as possible and it's good there's lots of new things for you. Sorry for the lack of CD art though, whoever gets my next one will get some art of some sort. Also, sorry for addressing it on the envelope to "Cookd and Bombd Poster".

Make me smile

Quote from: djtrees on July 30, 2007, 11:51:31 AM
Are we meant to be reviewing/commenting on this thread or what? Cos I got mine in the post this morning so it would be nice to say summat about it. After I've listened to it obviously.

Reviewing isn't compulsory so just stick a review in this thread if you feel like it. It would be lovely if people could remember to PM me with their favourite track from the CD they have just sent on, so I can put together a 'best of' at the end.

Emma Raducanu

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 30, 2007, 11:55:38 AM
sorry for addressing it on the envelope to "Cookd and Bombd Poster".

No problem, better than being addressed to Dolphin Face eh. I've PMd my name for future rounds.

glitch

I'll be finishing off my mix tonight (hopefully) and it'll go in the post tomorrow.

Sometimes I hate trying to mix music with spazzy time signatures.

djtrees

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 30, 2007, 11:55:38 AM
That one was from me, DolphinFace, glad you enjoyed it. I tried as much variety as possible and it's good there's lots of new things for you. Sorry for the lack of CD art though, whoever gets my next one will get some art of some sort. Also, sorry for addressing it on the envelope to "Cookd and Bombd Poster".
Ha I've done this to whoever I've sent mine off to. Sorry as well.

Go With The Flow

I think I sent my name to "make me smile" - did I?

ziggy starbucks

I addressed mine to "Internet Weirdo"

Lee Van Cleef

Mine has been a bit delayed, but I've just put it to CD.  I'm listening to it now to check for errors and I've realised it's the most immature collection of music I could possibly put to disc.  I've also done the WAV thing, and for people who get to hear track 3, that's just the production of the album not compression or anything.  Track 1... I can't explain that.

Anyway, I'm not doing fancy artwork or anything, the music will have to stand by itself.  If you want the track-listing with comments PM me and I'll send it to you.

Make me smile

The rings are listed in posting order with the last person posting to the first person to complete the loop.

I have stuck in where we are with this...an 'x' is cd sent, an 'o' is cd received.

Ring 1

Marvin                o          
Paul's Boutique      
Toad in the Hole
Dr Berbatov          x
Glitch
Make me Smile      x

Ring 2

Ziggy Starbucks    x
Jaffit                   x
Murdo                   o
Go with the flow    x
djtrees                x o
actwithoutwords

Ring 3

Famous Mortimer    xo
Dolphinface           xo
Lee van cleef       
Beck
Ciaran
caledoniangonzo    x

Ring 4

Sparklewhore
Falafel
Aniasg                 x
Chocky909           o
Lanky                  x
Klaatu

Go With The Flow

Quote from: Make me smile on July 30, 2007, 01:33:08 PM
If you sent it to the address I gave you, it's djtrees

I know that, I meant did I give you my name? So when it gets to my house it'll have my name rather than "Cook`d and Bomb`d poster" or "Internet Weirdo"?

Make me smile

Quote from: Go With The Flow on July 30, 2007, 01:44:49 PM
I know that, I meant did I give you my name? So when it gets to my house it'll have my name rather than "Cook`d and Bomb`d poster" or "Internet Weirdo"?

Ah, sorry, misread your post... you gave your name as 'Baron Cockmuncher', would you like to change this?

(just joshing, you gave your real name)

Famous Mortimer

Also, as it seems to be running smoothly, big thanks to Make Me Smile for organising this, I've already heard a few great new tunes thanks to this and hope to hear many more.

Marvin

Sending mine this afternoon, recieved one this morning, not had a chance to play it yet.

falafel

Likewise with the sending, all finished up and printed and burned and whatnot now.