Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:10:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Not a state of the board thread, I swear

Started by Ronnie the Raincoat, June 22, 2007, 10:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnie the Raincoat

Just a general question- does anyone feel that this forum is a lot less active these days? 

boki

I dunno, I can never keep up anyway.  This weekend's certainly gonna be quieter with a fair few regulars  getting all muddy in Somarrrset.

ccab

Well, I can see what you mean. It's been a floating corpse & a couple of seagulls for days now.

buttgammon

It did get a bit livelier after the new board came back on but unfortunately it seems to have quietened down a little bit now. I guess people have got other stuff to do what with it being summer (supposedly, not that you'd think from the bloody weather) and all.

Mr. Analytical

Quote from: Ronnie the Raincoat on June 22, 2007, 10:07:05 PM
Just a general question- does anyone feel that this forum is a lot less active these days? 

Sssssssshow me... show me... show me with your mouth...

Um yes.  I've certainly been less active than I have been in the past.

If we were going "state of the board", I'd point out that the ethos of General Discussion has eaten General Bullshit but without the media threads there's nothing serious to discuss there.  So if I post, it's mostly about media stuff.

Neil

My Dad passed on, so I'm taking a break for a bit.  I've got CaB Radio stuff all set up ready to go.  And as for you, Ronnie The Raincoat, you know what you look like to me, with your good bag and your cheap shoes? You look like a rube. A well scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste.

EDITED for soberness.  Cheers.

Small Man Big Horse

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad, Neil, my condolences during what must be an awful time.

Ronnie the Raincoat

Quote from: Neil on June 22, 2007, 10:56:47 PM
My Dad passed on, so I'm taking a break for a bit.  I've got CaB Radio stuff all set up ready to go, but to be honest, the boards themselves are disappointing and I'm thinking of getting rid permamently or temporarily, or stripping back to just Oscillations and Comedy Chat before Xmas.  I presume good active posters are still getting poached by the clique, and that whole thing - the way that something I set up originally as a courtesy to the people of this site, and the way it got turned into something that actually existed just to slam CaB and poach the "good eggs" - has taken the fun out of this for me.  Anyway, this is depressing me.  As is the fact that someone deleted the "State of the board thread." tag, which was very funny given the thread title.  And as for you, Ronnie The Raincoat, you know what you look like to me, with your good bag and your cheap shoes? You look like a rube. A well scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste.

I look like sexy bitch and you know it.

You also know where I am if...well, I've said it before.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Yeah, my condolences as well. Not that they'll help you, but it makes me look like less of a bastard than making some silly joke.

Mr. Analytical

...and thus the Ulster Messiah was born.

Condolences Neil.

Cack Hen

Sorry to hear about your dad, Neil. Best wishes.

weirdbeard

I'd also like to pass on my condolences, Neil.

sproggy

Aye, I've never met you or your Dad, but yeah, death's a bummer and hope you're able to deal with it o.k.

Always a good excuse for a damned good piss-up though Eh?

buttgammon

Sorry to hear about it, Neil. I know everyone's already said the same and it makes no difference, but I've been there myself and it's shit.

zozman

Best wishes Neil.  Nowt much I can say....

Sheldon Finklestein

Hey, Neil.

It feels strange saying this to someone I don't know, but I just wanted to extend my sympathies. I've got a lot of enjoyment from this board over the last couple of years and, whatever you chose to do, I'm very grateful for that.

All the best.

Rev

Shit, sorry to hear that Neil.  Whatever, whatever, and best wishes.

The Duck Man

I have to say, I'm pretty fucking disappointed I haven't been poached by the clique yet. Over 3000 posts, what more do I have to do for you people?!

And condolences, Neil.

Artemis

I'm also sorry to hear your news, Neil.

It feels a bit empty and pointless saying that, now I've written it, but I am nonetheless.

Huzzie

Quote from: Ronnie the Raincoat on June 22, 2007, 10:07:05 PM

I've certainly been thinking that a lot when I have come on to see such little activity.

Rev

It'll be jumpin' come winter.

Although, if I may be an absolute cunt...  I think reverting to the 'classic' form and merging GB and Picture Box again would give this place a nice little boot up the arse.  I know, I know, it's been discussed to death, but at the moment clicking on GB feels a bit like deliberately looking for cracks in the pavement, so I often don't bother.

Marv Orange

Quote from: Rev on June 23, 2007, 03:31:21 AM
It'll be jumpin' come winter.

Although, if I may be an absolute cunt...  I think reverting to the 'classic' form and merging GB and Picture Box again would give this place a nice little boot up the arse.  I know, I know, it's been discussed to death, but at the moment clicking on GB feels a bit like deliberately looking for cracks in the pavement, so I often don't bother.

From what I remember (which isnt much) there seems to be the same kind of threads after the shit storm, although I feel GB threads seem poorer than before, but there is less to bother commenting about.

Fuck knows to be honest.

I feel for you right now Neil, just take care of yourself and leave this place alone. When you come back, maybe there'll be a pleasant surprise or two for you.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: The Duck Man on June 23, 2007, 01:50:52 AM
I have to say, I'm pretty fucking disappointed I haven't been poached by the clique yet. Over 3000 posts, what more do I have to do for you people?!

And condolences, Neil.
I suck so bad I don't even know who the clique are / were or where they're poaching people to. I can't think of another forum I like as much as this one, so it'd be a shame to prune it back.

weirdbeard

I'd hazard a bet that this summer is no better or worse than any other previous summer on this board.  Why?  Well, this is predominately a board which talks about comedy.  What new comedies are out there worth talking about?  Zilch.  Summer's always a barren period for the media in general - see the videogames thread for example where one comment was made about the "Q4 rush".  Same with TV, same with film, with a couple of exceptions as always.  There's only so much GB than talk about without repeating themselves a bit.

Still Not George

The tags have been at least 7 million times funnier than the threads recently, except for the thread where we all 'fessed  up to boning waspy's wife.

SOTS

Should I resurrect the "Date Ariane" thread, I wonder...

Mr. Analytical

"Waspy", "Sheepie", "Trousersy"... it's like the England football team in here.

Joy Nktonga